Home

Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2011, 02:58 AM   #169
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

I'm not the best guy to be talking this over with, but the Frostbite 2 engine was built solely for FPS games. It was never intended to be used for a football game.

What Madden and NCAA run off is a number of "engines". I don't know exactly what, but the ANT tool is what they use to craft their animations. This is pretty much all I am sure of, but may possibly be wrong. If Mr. Cummings was still on, then he'd be the best person to explain this probably.

― Plato
Old 06-17-2011, 02:59 AM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by btemp
Mr. Cummings complaining about people saying bad things about on the internet is akin to complaining the sky is blue. It should be water off a ducks back. With luck, this post will be case in point.

I'm happy to see Ian and Phil go because to me they play a significant role in the crap that has occurred year after year on next gen. I may be wrong, I know next to nothing on EA's inner workings and am not in any way invested enough to find out (I've discovered, to my great and everlasting chagrin, that not enough people are concerned when they displease me - thus my displeasure is forever wasted).

Unfortunately, while Madden 12 appears to be what I've wanted Madden to be for years I fail to understand how people can place faith in a game that they have not played based on reviews from sites that rarely have little bad to say. Fool me once and all that nonsense. Luckily, if Madden 12 actually turns out to be amazing and then Madden 13 etc. returns to the dark years, I"ll delete this post and tearfully claim how I always lamented the loss of Ian and Phil!
Out of all the comments I've read this one has stuck out to me....not afraid to bite your tongue and keeping it genuine. I feel almost the same as this guy when it come to this GEN madden. things are just being added back from the ps2 days of madden so somewhere down the line you lose faith in the people behind this franchise....Besides all of that M12 is what I've been looking for since 06 and these videos are just E3 build..I hope the final build hold up
Old 06-17-2011, 03:03 AM   #171
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm not the best guy to be talking this over with, but the Frostbite 2 engine was built solely for FPS games. It was never intended to be used for a football game.

What Madden and NCAA run off is a number of "engines". I don't know exactly what, but the ANT tool is what they use to craft their animations. This is pretty much all I am sure of, but may possibly be wrong. If Mr. Cummings was still on, then he'd be the best person to explain this probably.
It's cool, thanks for responding because I still learned a few things I didn't know before. But yeah, if Mr Cummings, or others can respond to educate a gamer on such things, that'd be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #172
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
...Ian, you're not apart of the company anymore so can you give us a better idea of what's going on over there? Your not on a "gag order" are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings
I guess I could, but I don't think it'd be all that wise. No reason to dwell on old stuff and air dirty laundry, especially against a place that was so great to me...

...When I left, IMO Madden was really headed in the right direction. Outside of that, not much I can say.
Sometimes silence speaks volumes...

Yes, Mr. Cummings, I see you have given your reason for leaving in another post... And I suppose it's rather pointless to speculate...

But still I just can't see this as a good thing. Madden finally gets on course, then these guys all jump ship???

I wonder just how much control they really had... And I wonder where Madden is headed in the future. Given EA the publisher's track record, it does not bode well.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #173
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

ehh, as far as Madden goes Im kind of indifferent about this, because I just don't have all the facts about who was really making the decisions with the money/priorities.....that I disagreed with

Ian and Phil I guess did a commendable job at bringing the game back to a decent game of "Madden", that game we lost when we went to NG.........An Nfl Nut like me will enjoy their work(Especially this year providing theres no major bugs)

but its still not close enough to where I envisioned Next Gen NFL Football to be at in the year 2011 in terms of realism....and comes up a bit short when stacked against the other big sports games like NHL,Forza/GT,The Show,NBA 2k, and Fifa.....

Now that Madden finally has its feet under it again somewhat, its time for someone to truly innovate/evolve/enhance the realism in the series for the next decade and beyond

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #174
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

Saw a TSS video on this announcement of Mr Frazier leaving.

This comment from someone is interesting...

Quote:
i think Cam Weber is bringing in his people to work on madden. so he's cleaning house with the devs who have been working on madden in the past. Cam Weber brought FIFA back from the dead and he' s going to do the same with madden.

CLM2180
Old 06-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #175
Pro

OVR: 33
I can't help but feel that there is something bigger going on in the background at EA that is causing so many to jump ship. Maybe in 12 months time things will be clearer & the reason for these departures will become more evident.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 03:56 AM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Phil Frazier the Latest to Leave EA Sports Tiburon Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wow, that was an unexpected sucker punch.

Good luck to Phil.
More like an unexpected winning lotto ticket, but to each their own I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »