Home

Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

This is a discussion on Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #41
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

i don't play lobby games, and for sim communities we already have a thriving group so this doesn't interest me at all other than maybe trying to recruit from the lobbys if you run across a sim player. but that involves sifting through a lot of cheese...

online team play, despite its improvements will only be fun if they fixed the connection issues with lag and mic's. i didn't see any mention of that so i'm assuming nothing was changed there. the classic cam was a good and needed change as is making games count so people don't quit, but if its not playable or you cannot communicate with your teammates its pretty useless.

i just hope for an in-depth online franchise next year...nothing surprising about this blog really, i had low expectations and they were spot on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #42
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
i don't play lobby games, and for sim communities we already have a thriving group so this doesn't interest me at all other than maybe trying to recruit from the lobbys if you run across a sim player. but that involves sifting through a lot of cheese...

online team play, despite its improvements will only be fun if they fixed the connection issues with lag and mic's. i didn't see any mention of that so i'm assuming nothing was changed there. the classic cam was a good and needed change as is making games count so people don't quit, but if its not playable or you cannot communicate with your teammates its pretty useless.

i just hope for an in-depth online franchise next year...nothing surprising about this blog really, i had low expectations and they were spot on.
thankyou..
Old 07-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Meh. This is ending with a whimper from a PR perspective as far as I'm concerned, but to each his own.

Given that they're allowing full slider customization for communities of up to 2,000, I'm assuming that full slider customization will also be in Online Franchise .
Old 07-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #44
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

^ nope..maybe next year.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
yo smoke I dont know what the fudge you are babblin about saying Im mad about this stuff specifically.Im not mad about online communities Im mad that its something that really doesnt seem to be a big deal to me.. I mean even me and my friends will have a little community or whatever I dont despise it, just something I think really isnt such a big deal, EA was waiting to tell us this? doesnt seem like something to prolong..I mean its a slight additions.. who hates additions its not doing anything negative...chill out fool
I just dont understand how this can be looked at as something subpar at best when its clearly a sign that EA is listening and threw us a bone for a cleaner online community that was heavily divided between different styles of play.

This has brought an "option" to the community and thats really all we were asking to really try and salvage a ruined online community outside of sites like these and other SIM sites, just to get fair games. Now we know most, if not all 2,000 players will play fair and or have no choice for the time being.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #46
R**k**

druez's Arena

OVR: 13
Threw who a bone? This is an "addon" feature.

Online franchise or should I say "real" online franchise is more important then this.

I can't have a "real" online franchise with the current setup. All the people could still play online in ranked games with or without this fix. This is a "nice" feature, but by no means signifigant.

I bought NCAA simply for Online Dynasty. I will not buy Madden until they give us "real" online franchises back.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by druez
Threw who a bone? This is an "addon" feature.

Online franchise or should I say "real" online franchise is more important then this.

I can't have a "real" online franchise with the current setup. All the people could still play online in ranked games with or without this fix. This is a "nice" feature, but by no means signifigant.

I bought NCAA simply for Online Dynasty. I will not buy Madden until they give us "real" online franchises back.
Hey, I say talk to the leaguemanager guy, he knew about this and online franchise way before any of us did and its to his benefit for those wanting a complete online franchise having to go thru him and his site.

The bone has been the "option", if you want to continue playing in regular lobbies with no policing, then fine by me. Just dont let me catch you complaining about anything foul that goes on in there like it always does, i'll make sure to quote you on it aswell if it comes to that and then we'll see in-significant it will be then.

If nothing was presented at all and it was just talk on OTP and MUT, then it would have been outrage. For years in all wishlists across the net we have been asking to get rid of the cheat/cheesers, so instead they gave us our own lobbies and leaderboards to play in and a great way to weed out those who choose to come in and break the rules. Its our own "island" and I am more happy about this knowing the fact that now they have no choice but to beef up online franchise next year since there isnt gonna be too many excuses of why it went untouched again.

So either play your part of continuous play of the online franchise to show them "this is a feature we want taken care of" and all should be well by then, but this is a great step in the right direction IMO!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2
Wow, that sounds like something that took almost no effort to bring to Madden 12. It's a no brainer, and something a lot like Halo's matchmaking system (still baffled why many FPS' don't copy that, btw). Am I supposed to believe this took all the time they could have used to upgrade Online Franchise?!?! Seriously, EA, I'm going to say this with all sincerity as your once-loyal fan...blow it out your a$$. And if I ever get the notion to buy your silly little Madden 12 game, I'll make sure to buy it used.

Sorry, guys. Still not over the whole Online Franchise thing. Still bitter...really, really bitter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »