Home

Full half gameplay of final build

This is a discussion on Full half gameplay of final build within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #9
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Full half gameplay of final build

agreed it looks pretty damn good, if they can get commentary to this level it will so immersive....

with that said a little gripe is how the d-line creep up to the los the same way every time....like they are sneaking up to it. Could they patch in a few random animations so they are not all lock step in some weird little animation
Old 08-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #10
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

I know everyone complains about the commentary, but Gus is just horrid. You can tell when each and every thing he says was recorded differently. It is so disjointed, and he shows a different level of emotion for each of the different aspects of dialogue. Get rid of this guy already.

"THEY'LL SET UP SHOP! at the 20 yardline...."

Also, he says, "He was selected to the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2010." Who was? He doesn't say who, but I'm left to assume he's talking about Ryan, despite the fact that he started the sentenced while the camera was still on the kick returner.

Other than that, it looks great.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
I know everyone complains about the commentary, but Gus is just horrid. You can tell when each and every thing he says was recorded differently. It is so disjointed, and he shows a different level of emotion for each of the different aspects of dialogue. Get rid of this guy already.

"THEY'LL SET UP SHOP! at the 20 yardline...."

Also, he says, "He was selected to the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2010." Who was? He doesn't say who, but I'm left to assume he's talking about Ryan, despite the fact that he started the sentenced while the camera was still on the kick returner.

Other than that, it looks great.
He was talking about ERIC WEEMS... and its a Glitch that was there even from last year... Basically he mistakes FRANKS (the kick returner) with Eric Weems (our Pro Bowl kick returner)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #12
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
The presentation in this game is stunning, I can't see how they could do much better than this.
I agree it looks great. Obviously the commentary is a sore point but I would also like to see evidence of franchise immersion in regards to in game presentation. Eg. Scores from around the league, live standings, league leaders etc.

In the past it's just felt like a series of exhibition games played in a vacuum.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:14 AM   #13
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
He was talking about ERIC WEEMS... and its a Glitch that was there even from last year... Basically he mistakes FRANKS (the kick returner) with Eric Weems (our Pro Bowl kick returner)
I noticed this too, he was actually talking about Matt Ryan being selected to the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2010. They have specific commentary for each QB when they come out just like you hear when Vick comes out, for some reason it didn't trigger the whole phrase that was supposed to be said there about Ryan. This isn't the final build, so hopefully this is fixed by Aug. 30th. The QB intros phrases sound great when you hear them in their entirety.

As far as Gus' commentary goes, Gus isn't the problem it's the commentary engine they have which they have had since probably the ps2 days. They invested in a new commentary engine, same one FIFA is using, and are going to fix the speech issues mainly with the pronunciation of players and teams names next year. Just to give you an idea of the way this works, last year during Madden 11 development they invested in a new presentation tool and we're seeing now how that is turning out, fantastic.

This should be the last year we have to talk about the patched together sounding commentary and expect it to be drastically improved and much more natural sounding from now on.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:34 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Love the starters addition for the first series of the game. Any additions where Gus can inject some of his enthusiasm is always good. However, to be realistic, instead of profile pictures it needs a recording of the marquee players awkwardly flipping a ball to himself and staring at the camera in a recording that goes on wayyy too long.

Halftime cutscene of everyone running into the locker room is cool, but where is the blonde sideline reporter stopping the coach to ask stupid questions nobody cares about?

And hey, where's the dancing robot during commercial breaks!?

Last edited by Faizon; 08-07-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Good gameplay + great presentation + bad commentary = an INCOMPLETE game.

All 3 aspects must be done right for the person playing to feel completely immersed in the game. That is why nba 2k11 won so many awards, it wasn't perfect but it was a COMPLETE gaming experience.

Intentionally leaving that bad patched up commentary in the game till ''next year'' is one of the many reasons people don't like EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 02:13 AM   #16
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
Good gameplay + great presentation + bad commentary = an INCOMPLETE game.

All 3 aspects must be done right for the person playing to feel completely immersed in the game. That is why nba 2k11 won so many awards, it wasn't perfect but it was a COMPLETE gaming experience.

Intentionally leaving that bad patched up commentary in the game till ''next year'' is one of the many reasons people don't like EA.
Do you really think they had time to fully restructure and rebuild the commentary in a few months time on top of all the other stuff they have done for Madden 12? There is a TON of new stuff in Madden 12 compared to 11. I'm really getting sick of all the people who can't appreciate what EA is finally trying to do. They have a development team that actually is trying to make the sim/hardcore football fans happy now and not just give us gimmick features that we don't really care about.

The game has a lot to be fixed and it's going to take a ton of work for the developers to fix it, which is why they have now doubled their team, you can't expect it to all be fixed in one year. Since you mentioned NBA 2k11 which is undoubtedly a great game, but how long did it take them to get 2k11 where it was last year? The majority of the game from 2k11 has elements of 2k10,2k9, and even 2k8 in it for that matter. It wasn't like 2k10 sucked or something and all of a sudden they just made 2k11 a masterpiece. They build off of each year and with 2k11, built off of the good elements of 2k10 and made it better.

Madden 12 is trying to do the same thing, but Madden 11 was pretty bad so like I said it's going to take some time. Madden 12's going to be a great game and they made improvements to the commentary, just aren't rebuilding it and competely improving it until next year. Which as long as Madden 12 plays a good game of football and feels/looks like what we see on Sunday I don't see why waiting a year for great commentary is such a big deal.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »