Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #33
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
Farrior is still a constant performer in that defense. Timmons exploded last year, and is Farrior's heir apparent, if not already.

Maybe it's me, but sometimes I look at default Madden ratings and think they might have the "it'll fix itself when they progress" mindset.
That's true. I just hope that's the case rather than "it'll break itself when they progress" lol. I honestly think the progression will be alright though. Progression is tough to nail in sports games.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
It's representative of his overall abilities as an NFL player. He's one of the best return men in the NFL and is excellent after the catch. However, he just isn't a good WR, as shown by his ratings. If anything, the complaint should be about the formula used to arrive at the overall rating, but Cribbs actual ratings are pretty much right where they should be; his overall is just way too high for a WR.

Edit: And he is not rated as a decent wide receiver at all. The only guy on his team with worse hands at WR is the 53 overall guy. The only guy on the Patriots with better hands is their 52 overall WR. Nobody on the Jets has worse hands. The only guys on the Dolphins with worse hands are a 52 and 48 overall WR. The only guy on the Bills with worse hands is their 60 overall WR. His route running is equally as bad. His spectacular catch is equally as bad. And his catching in traffic is slightly better but still bad. Where in there does it sound like he's a pretty decent WR?
It's not a representation of his overall player value... just receiver. Otherwise, if you moved him to lets say quarterback, his rating wouldn't drop because the rating would represent him as an overall NFL player.

I hear you about maybe the formula is just messed up. I just think that a 79 overall rating for Cribbs is rediculous

Edit: I still think his individual catch attributes are too high. The fact that 69 catching is a practice squad guy just shows that they need to stretch the ratings out even more have NFL starting receivers play way ahead of practice squad type of guys or guys like Cribbs. I still feel like Cribbs is a much bigger threat in Madden than in real life at receiver. In a Madden franchise, Cribbs should only be getting 1-2 catches a game, 18 yards a game, and 1 touchdown every year at the most. I find it really unlikely that 79 rated Cribbs is only going to put up those kind of stats in Madden.

Last edited by angels eclipse7; 08-08-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Steelers will make it hard to move the ball on. 6 of the front 7 are 90+ and the other one is 88
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #36

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
It's not a representation of his overall player value... just receiver. Otherwise, if you moved him to lets say quarterback, his rating wouldn't drop because the rating would represent him as an overall NFL player.

I hear you about maybe the formula is just messed up. I just think that a 79 overall rating for Cribbs is rediculous

Edit: I still think his individual catch attributes are too high. The fact that 69 catching is a practice squad guy just shows that they need to stretch the ratings out even more have NFL starting receivers play way ahead of practice squad type of guys or guys like Cribbs. I still feel like Cribbs is a much bigger threat in Madden than in real life at receiver. In a Madden franchise, Cribbs should only be getting 1-2 catches a game, 18 yards a game, and 1 touchdown every year at the most. I find it really unlikely that 79 rated Cribbs is only going to put up those kind of stats in Madden.
So the problem is really about how EA rates players, not about Cribbs' rating. Cribbs' rating is relatively good. You just think the whole rating system is flawed.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 25
Why cribbs is even rated where he is seems odd. Dude is a ST/ situational guy....average at best WR....
But ratings really don't matter anyway ...for the mist part.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
So the problem is really about how EA rates players, not about Cribbs' rating. Cribbs' rating is relatively good. You just think the whole rating system is flawed.
It's not that the whole rating system is flawed as it just needs to be stretched out. But on top of that, having Cribbs rated 79 is like EA saying he is a better receiver than anybody 78- and that just isn't the case.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #39

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
It's not that the whole rating system is flawed as it just needs to be stretched out. But on top of that, having Cribbs rated 79 is like EA saying he is a better receiver than anybody 78- and that just isn't the case.
So then you disagree with the way the overall number is arrived at.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
So then you disagree with the way the overall number is arrived at.
I guess. But I would still just lower Cribbs ratings to make him lower even with the current formula.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »