Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #41
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
I thank you for this post .. as it's given me some great laughs, something I needed ..

I could name like 10 QB's right off the top of my head that could have a different HC and OC coach every year and still flourish at their position .. but Smith doesn't even deserve to be compared to the likes of those guys ..

But to bring Young into this was the icing on the cake .. Young backed up Montana for the first couple years, and in fact still play great as a back-up .. he got injured after a rocky start but guess what? When he came back he ate the league up .. when has Smith ever done that? Never ..

Your logic has so many holes ..
Not as many as you think. While there are some parts of his game that are lacking, continnuity is a big part of a qbs game. Ask Jason Campbell. Constant change means never being settled. I don't see him as an x and O type guy. I think he relied too much on athletic ability but if he works on the awareness aspect, he could be a decent starter.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #42
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers

Quote:
I thank you for this post .. as it's given me some great laughs, something I needed ..

I could name like 10 QB's right off the top of my head that could have a different HC and OC coach every year and still flourish at their position .. but Smith doesn't even deserve to be compared to the likes of those guys ..
so.....go ahead and do it.

Honestly can only think of Jason Campbell but hes been struggling on and off (like Smith) his whole career. 2 guys careers ruin by ****ty front offices.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisismytemporaryusername
Not as many as you think. While there are some parts of his game that are lacking, continnuity is a big part of a qbs game. Ask Jason Campbell. Constant change means never being settled. I don't see him as an x and O type guy. I think he relied too much on athletic ability but if he works on the awareness aspect, he could be a decent starter.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
Both can not play QB .. there are so many QBs that can play QB regardless if they had a new OC every year ..
Old 08-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
so.....go ahead and do it.

Honestly can only think of Jason Campbell but hes been struggling on and off (like Smith) his whole career. 2 guys careers ruin by ****ty front offices.
Lol, what I meant was QBs that could do it, even though they have not gone through it ..

You seriously think if Brady or Manning had different OCs every year they would not dominate .. lol

Smith and Campbell seriously can not play QB .. you can not take college stats (ie. Reggie Bush), or their combine day and automatically think they will excel in the NFL .. totally different game ..

I do not believe Smith is in the same league as Manning or Brady (was just an example), even if he had the same OC every year he is not in their league .. but they can play QB, FACT .. Smith cannot, FACT ..
Old 08-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #45
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

Quote:
Both cančt play QB .. my god .. you guys seriously think if Manning, Brady, Brees, Ryan, Rodgers all had different OCs every year they would not be as good ..

LOL, they would still dominate ..

Smith can not play QB, FACT ..
smh they wouldnt and im sure they would say the same thing.As much

You really have a "casual" mindset when it comes to football. How can any hardcore fan make that statement when it cant be proven at all?How the hell are we suppose to know how Brady would play well with 4 different HC and 7 different coordinators with 7 different play styles?

Answer: we dont.

btw still waiting on those 10 QBs that played with a different OC every year and still was sucessful.....

Last edited by stlpimpmonsta; 08-25-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
smh they wouldnt and im sure they would say the same thing.As much

You really have a "casual" mindset when it comes to football. How can any hardcore fan make that statement when it cant be proven at all?How the hell are we suppose to know who Brady would play well with 4 different HC and 7 different coordinators with 7 different play styles?

Answer: we dont.

btw still waiting on those 10 QBs that played with a different OC every year and still was sucessful.....
Failed reading comprehension .. I never said I could name 10 that went through the same thing .. I said there is 10 that could, if they went through it ..

We do, Brady can play QB .. regardless of playbook or who is calling it ..

Casual fan eh .. why because I hate Alex Smith .. and I speak the truth about him .. sorry we have yet to be a playoff contender since he has been drafted .. I have every right to hate on a guy that has put me through years of misery ..

But since you said casual your intellect is that of a 5 year old, so I am done with this ..
Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #47
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

Quote:
Failed reading comprehension .. I never said I could name 10 that went through the same thing .. I said there is 10 that could, if they went through it ..

We do, Brady can play QB .. regardless of playbook or who is calling it ..

Casual fan eh .. why because I hate Alex Smith .. and I speak the truth about him .. sorry we have yet to be a playoff contender since he has been drafted .. I have every right to hate on a guy that has put me through years of misery ..

But since you said casual your intellect is that of a 5 year old, so I am done with this ..
yeah my intellect of a 5 year old while your whole argument on why Tom Brady could be successful with 7 different OCs in 7 years is

Quote:
Becuz he iz gud now
Really?Have you ever even played Football before?Cant if you dont understand the problems that come up when your dont have a consistent playbook or playstyle.

Also its clearly you dont understand WHY those QBs you named are good. Each of those QBs you named played under the same playbook (for the most part) for years.You can be an amazing QB with a big arm and all the accuracy in the world but if you have no f'in clue where and when to throw
the ball then all that junk is useless.

QB is an extremely complicated position to play in this sport.While everyone else has only to worry about what they have to do(for the most part), the QB has to worry about what EVERYONE has to do and when they do it. And when THAT changes(along with terminology,play style,tempo,ect) on a year to year for 7 years,you dont have a strong foundation for a QB to thrive. Every QB you named has/had that foundation.All the "bad" QBs in the league dont which is why they are (for the most part) "bad" QBs.

Last edited by stlpimpmonsta; 08-25-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
yeah my intellect of a 5 year old while your whole argument on why Tom Brady could be successful with 7 different OCs in 7 years is

Really?Have you ever even played Football before?Cant if you dont understand the problems that come up when your dont have a consistent playbook or playstyle.

Also its clearly you dont understand WHY those QBs you named are good. Each of those QBs you named played under the same playbook (for the most part) for years.You can be an amazing QB with a big arm and all the accuracy in the world but if you have no f'in clue where and when to throw
the ball then all that junk is useless.

QB is an extremely complicated position to play in this sport.While everyone else has only to worry about what they have to do(for the most part), the QB has to worry about what EVERYONE has to do and when they do it. And when THAT changes(along with terminology,play style,tempo,ect) on a year to year for 7 years,you dont have a strong foundation for a QB to thrive. Every QB you named has/had that foundation.All the "bad" QBs in the league dont which is why they are (for the most part) "bad" QBs.
I played Football for 15 years .. you could give me a new playbook every year and I would still learn it and execute it ..

Those QB's are good not because of their foundation but because they're good QB's .. some of your comments are so asinine it hurts my head ..

Look at the overthrows by Smith, the fumbles, the terrible decisions he makes .. has nothing to do with his playbook .. he looks out of his element after the snap of the ball, he can't read defenses ..

But I'll be the one saying I told you so when this miserable year is over .. I really hope not because I love my 49ers, but man Smith isn't and never was the answer ..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »