Home

Madden 12 Ustream retail version Saints@Falcons(recorded today)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Ustream retail version Saints@Falcons(recorded today) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 12 Ustream retail version Saints@Falcons(recorded today)

I only watched the first 9 minutes so far, and I've only seen one replay of a play, where Ingram got tackled in backfield. There were some great sacks and a good saints first down that I would have loved to have seen a replay of without having to go to the menu for it. Apart from that it's looking good!
Old 08-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #74
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
I really feel sorry for the sim heads .. Because you guys can come on here and complain point out things that are not real till the cows come home BUT if you think EA is going to turn this game from what it is for the 1000 to 2000 people on this board then yall are in for a treat....Madden has been this way since the beginning so i have no clue what yall think is going to happen as a 36year old gamer i havent seen this glory day madden vs this gen .....madden is madden always have been as ways will be.:
With Cam Weber as the GM for Madden 13 and moving forward I really think the sim guys are going to be happy. He seems like a man on a "sim" mission when it comes to Madden. The first thing he did when they hired him was double the size of the team working on gameplay. Madden 13 will be the first one completely developed under Cam Weber, Madden 12 was only towards the end, and if you read his interviews the first thing he mentions is...

"First and foremost, we need to deliver an amazing simulation football gameplay experience on both of our franchises. In other words, our fans want to see fluid, realistic player movement and deep football AI and behaviors on the field. This includes what players are doing between the whistles in the middle of a play, and how they behave in our pre- and post-play moments as well."

Then he goes on and says "Another key component is authenticity. Whether it is delivering the unique sights and sounds, traditions and pageantry across the schools in college football, or the NFL experience that we’ve all come to know and love on Sundays. Our consumers count on us to pay attention to the details."

"On top of that, it is critical that we deliver compelling depth modes. Whether it is providing a rich and deep Franchise/Dynasty mode or Superstar/Road to Glory mode, we need to continue to continuously invest in making these modes as deep and as realistic as possible."

One more thing he said that should make people happy if it happens. "The key here is that as we build components and features each year, they are fundamental improvements to our games that build on top of a solid, growing core foundation -- so that we don’t end up building features that are seen as one-year gimmicks that get tossed out the following year. This is an area where we have received some criticism in the past, especially on our Madden franchise, and I’m happy to say that this year the team has had a dedicated focus on delivering features and improvements to the core elements of the game that will build on that foundation. This is a proven approach that has also been used to deliver strong results on many of our other franchises, including FIFA, NHL, and recently on our NCAA Football franchise"
Old 08-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #75
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
I only watched the first 9 minutes so far, and I've only seen one replay of a play, where Ingram got tackled in backfield. There were some great sacks and a good saints first down that I would have loved to have seen a replay of without having to go to the menu for it. Apart from that it's looking good!
That's because the people playing were ''buttoning'' through the replays, if you watch any of the recent build videos there are a lot of replays in the game now and they aren't cut short like in the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #76
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

One thing I think really hurts these videos with the way the game looks, is the lack of lighting in these direct feed videos. Here's an example of the difference. This IMO looks a whole lot more like what you see on Sunday.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-20-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's because the people playing were ''buttoning'' through the replays, if you watch any of the recent build videos there are a lot of replays in the game now and they aren't cut short like in the demo.
Well if that's the case, fine. But if their trying to show the game off they shouldn't be doing that. And get someone who knows how to play as well. Because its a bit underwhelming to me
Old 08-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
"First and foremost, we need to deliver an amazing simulation football gameplay experience on both of our franchises. In other words, our fans want to see fluid, realistic player movement and deep football AI and behaviors on the field. This includes what players are doing between the whistles in the middle of a play, and how they behave in our pre- and post-play moments as well."

Then he goes on and says "Another key component is authenticity. Whether it is delivering the unique sights and sounds, traditions and pageantry across the schools in college football, or the NFL experience that we’ve all come to know and love on Sundays. Our consumers count on us to pay attention to the details."

"On top of that, it is critical that we deliver compelling depth modes. Whether it is providing a rich and deep Franchise/Dynasty mode or Superstar/Road to Glory mode, we need to continue to continuously invest in making these modes as deep and as realistic as possible."
Sounds good. Let's hope Peter Moore doesn't get in Cam's way.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
One thing I think really hurts these videos with the way the game looks, is the lack of lighting in these direct feed videos. Here's an example of the difference. This IMO looks a whole lot more like what you see on Sunday.
>
That video did look much better.

Last edited by TDKing; 08-20-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #80
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I hope its true about the overhauled commentary for next year. The dry spots are the main thing that really kill it for me.

I mean, I live with it. But these other sports game commentarys are so much more fluid and continuous.

I really hope to see the day that Madden sounds like NHL, The Show, or NBA 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »