Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #3329
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
David Baker's contract ran out and he signed with the Chargers in a surprising move. Some think he wanted to follow Piper as he disagreed with the team's decision to give up on him. The Bucs signed former star linebacker London Fletcher as the team's head coach.

I feel like getting rid of Piper has been on the horizon for so long! Good to see Fletcher coming in... if Gibson was any better he would break QBs back every game.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #3330
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
I had this problem too and it annoyed me endlessly. I found out that the problem is in the Franchise settings. What seems to happen is every time you get to the resigning stage the settings for "offseason resigning" reverts back to cpu. What you want to do to avoid this is when you reach that stage go into the settings and put that option back to user and then complete the task. It should drop those you didn't want to resign.

I even prefer to go one step further and when the season ends, look at the players with 0 years left and drop those I have no intention of keeping.

Hopefully that helps.

Sent from: We Dat! Dirty Bird Nation.
I found I only have this problem when there is a new head coach for whichever respective team, after you sign/re-sign the head coach you have to change franchise settings back to user, however after you sim past the front office to retirements, the settings sometimes revert back to CPU, so set them back again to User. I always double check between those three stages if I had to sign a new head coach(Front Office, Retirements and Re-signings).
Old 07-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #3331
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
[/left]
[/center]
I feel like getting rid of Piper has been on the horizon for so long! Good to see Fletcher coming in... if Gibson was any better he would break QBs back every game.
I don't know how much difference it will make, but Gibson's AWR should go up to 97 now (base 92 unless progression changed it, haven't checked roles and progression yet). I think that's the only area that's not already 99 that Fletcher influences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #3332
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

this weeks match up was Colts 6-8 Vs Browns 9-5

1st quarter

Colts recieve the KO Lucks out injuried so insteps the rookie qb austin and he dosent look like no rookie 6 plays to get into the endzone a 24 yard pass to brazil then 16 yard pass to wayne with 7 yard run...and the rookie qb finds brazil again for 14 yard TD 7-0 colts...browns ball and we answer right back with 6 play drive of our own with 38 yard pass play to williams that sets up a richardson 3 yard TD run 7-7....Colts answer right back again as the rookie austin is looking like manning disecting my defense 8 play drive results in a 28 yard TD reception by brazil 14-7 1st quarter ends.

2nd quarter

starts and browns get drive going taking off huge chuncks of clock resulting in a 5 yard TD catch by watson and were tied again 14-14...again the colts offense picks right back up not losing a beat 18 yard pass to wayne...2 plays later austin connects with wayne again for 42 down to browns 7 next play a 7 yard run by ballard again mistackles ..21-14...browns ball on 1st down weeden hits williams for 28....then 2 run plays by richardson puts us @ colts 32 1:18 left before half 2 plays later weeden finds his fav target of late watson for 19 yard TD 21-21 all... and half ends in a tie.

3rd quarter

starts browns recieve the ball and take it right down field ...a huge 26 yard run by richardson sets us up @ colts 16... very next play is a 16 yard TD pass to te Todd 28-21...colts ball but we force them to punt....2:23 left in 3rd trying get a pass out to benjamin little and benjamin bump into each other resulting in slowing down benjamin and cb sales jumps in front picks it off.....colts take over and are driving and that ends 3rd quarter.

4th quarter begins colts needing a spark try going for it on 4th and 4 but austin gets sacked browns take over....browns driving and with 6:34 left in 4th dawson connects from 55 yards out 31-21....colts ball but again there offense stall's resulting in a punt...browns ball but a huge sack on weeden makes a 3rd and 15 we cant over come and are forced to punt...colts ball and now there offense takes off and austin is playing like earlier in game resulting in a 17 yard TD catch by hilton 31-28....2:40 left in game....again colts defense steps up... forcing a punt...but on that drive austin is picked 6 by DRC but on the return osi gets called for a clipping call resulting in us getting the ball @ 45 yard line...we drive down but can only get a 34 yard fg 34-28.and with 13 secs left austin uncorks one to down field trying to hit collie ... but its shorts and deflects off colemans helmet bounces backwards and is caught by brazil but he gets tackled by DRC at 10 yard line as time expired yet another crazy game and finish. there was 2 very controversal calls in the game the clipping call i didnt see no clipping and on that last drive by us weeden threw a nice pass to benjamin @ colts 10 yard line did a nice toe tap catch in bounds got hit and with ref right there they said it was incomplete resulting in us kicking the fg ...so we had 14 points taking off board due to bad calls.

Weeden was 15-21 231 yards 3 TD'S 1 INT,71% completion rating,127.2 qb rating,Richasrdson had another huge game since coming back from injury 25 carries 135 yards 1 TD 5.4 YPC,Weeden had 4 for 33 yards,Watson again had another 2 TD game he had 7 catches 100 yards 2 TD's,Williams had 4 for 87,benjamin had 3 for 28,Todd had 1 for 16 1 TD,JMJ had a monster game for my defense 11 tackles,half sack,Morgan my other lb had 7 tackles,DRC,Jackson each hasd 5 tackles,Skrine had 6 tackles,Sheard had half sack and 4 tackles. 1 INT,1 SACK.

Marty Austin was 22-33 343 yards 3 TD's 1 INT,66%completion rating,118.6 qb rating,Welch had 11 carries 51 yards,Austin had 4 for 34,Ballard had 3 for 17 1 TD,Brazil had 7 catches 151 yards 2 TD's,Wayne had 6 catches 106 yards,Hilton had 5 for 58 1 TD,Fugger lead colts defense with 12 tackles,Maualuga had 10,Zbikowski had 7 tackles,Odom had 2 sacks,Sales had 1 INT.

again my defense let 2 wr's go over 100 for second week in row.

Jags,Chiefs,Browns all clinched there division's...Pat's,Bills made the playoff's we moved up to 6th place with 10-5 record now 5 other teams are 10-5 Jags still sit @ #1 with 11-4 recored,Chiefs stioll in 2nd with 10-4-1 record.

we lost 2 LBer's in past 2 games Acho in win against ravens hes out 9 weeks with broken .... and lost his back up mcneal this week to broken ribs .... givens is still out 2 more weeks with broken collarbone.

Last game of yr is against the steelers... looking@ there injury report for steelers alot of players that played good for them last time are out injuried this time Troy Polamalu... out with fractured foot,Jordin Jurado out 2 weeks brokenm wrist,Alameda Taamu Partial MCL tear 4 weeks...

lmmfao looking @ the record stats for franchise they have a pic of micheal turner for Trent Richardsons pic because i set record with 325 yards in game last yr just noticed that now lol. only reason i know its michael turner is because when i click on season stats hes on page with falcons.

some season stats notes

Trent Richardson is 218 yards away from going over 2,000 yards for 4th yr in row he has 26 TD's on ground.

Weeden has bounced back from his off yr last yr where he only threw for 15 TD's,24 INT's ....and 2,752 yards..... this yr he has 27 TD's,16 INT's.... 3,983 yards passing... so this yr is his second best yr of his 4 yr career his best was his rookie yr where he threw 39 TD's 22 INT's and for over 5,000 yards with 5,061.

Travis Benjamin is having a good yr 81 catches 1,235 yards 7 TD's his second best yr as pro as well besides his rookie yr where he lite it up and had 108 catches...2,693 yards 25 TD's.

wow only 3 browns made pro bowl this yr Weeden,Richardson,Benjamin..
thats how bad my defense has been because useally haden,sheard and few others make it as well.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #3333
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Well, traded in my copy of Madden 12 and reserved 13. I'll be popping in to read everyone's franchises though.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #3334
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
this weeks match up was Colts 6-8 Vs Browns 9-5

1st quarter

Colts recieve the KO Lucks out injuried so insteps the rookie qb austin and he dosent look like no rookie 6 plays to get into the endzone a 24 yard pass to brazil then 16 yard pass to wayne with 7 yard run...and the rookie qb finds brazil again for 14 yard TD 7-0 colts...browns ball and we answer right back with 6 play drive of our own with 38 yard pass play to williams that sets up a richardson 3 yard TD run 7-7....Colts answer right back again as the rookie austin is looking like manning disecting my defense 8 play drive results in a 28 yard TD reception by brazil 14-7 1st quarter ends.

2nd quarter

starts and browns get drive going taking off huge chuncks of clock resulting in a 5 yard TD catch by watson and were tied again 14-14...again the colts offense picks right back up not losing a beat 18 yard pass to wayne...2 plays later austin connects with wayne again for 42 down to browns 7 next play a 7 yard run by ballard again mistackles ..21-14...browns ball on 1st down weeden hits williams for 28....then 2 run plays by richardson puts us @ colts 32 1:18 left before half 2 plays later weeden finds his fav target of late watson for 19 yard TD 21-21 all... and half ends in a tie.

3rd quarter

starts browns recieve the ball and take it right down field ...a huge 26 yard run by richardson sets us up @ colts 16... very next play is a 16 yard TD pass to te Todd 28-21...colts ball but we force them to punt....2:23 left in 3rd trying get a pass out to benjamin little and benjamin bump into each other resulting in slowing down benjamin and cb sales jumps in front picks it off.....colts take over and are driving and that ends 3rd quarter.

4th quarter begins colts needing a spark try going for it on 4th and 4 but austin gets sacked browns take over....browns driving and with 6:34 left in 4th dawson connects from 55 yards out 31-21....colts ball but again there offense stall's resulting in a punt...browns ball but a huge sack on weeden makes a 3rd and 15 we cant over come and are forced to punt...colts ball and now there offense takes off and austin is playing like earlier in game resulting in a 17 yard TD catch by hilton 31-28....2:40 left in game....again colts defense steps up... forcing a punt...but on that drive austin is picked 6 by DRC but on the return osi gets called for a clipping call resulting in us getting the ball @ 45 yard line...we drive down but can only get a 34 yard fg 34-28.and with 13 secs left austin uncorks one to down field trying to hit collie ... but its shorts and deflects off colemans helmet bounces backwards and is caught by brazil but he gets tackled by DRC at 10 yard line as time expired yet another crazy game and finish. there was 2 very controversal calls in the game the clipping call i didnt see no clipping and on that last drive by us weeden threw a nice pass to benjamin @ colts 10 yard line did a nice toe tap catch in bounds got hit and with ref right there they said it was incomplete resulting in us kicking the fg ...so we had 14 points taking off board due to bad calls.

Weeden was 15-21 231 yards 3 TD'S 1 INT,71% completion rating,127.2 qb rating,Richasrdson had another huge game since coming back from injury 25 carries 135 yards 1 TD 5.4 YPC,Weeden had 4 for 33 yards,Watson again had another 2 TD game he had 7 catches 100 yards 2 TD's,Williams had 4 for 87,benjamin had 3 for 28,Todd had 1 for 16 1 TD,JMJ had a monster game for my defense 11 tackles,half sack,Morgan my other lb had 7 tackles,DRC,Jackson each hasd 5 tackles,Skrine had 6 tackles,Sheard had half sack and 4 tackles. 1 INT,1 SACK.

Marty Austin was 22-33 343 yards 3 TD's 1 INT,66%completion rating,118.6 qb rating,Welch had 11 carries 51 yards,Austin had 4 for 34,Ballard had 3 for 17 1 TD,Brazil had 7 catches 151 yards 2 TD's,Wayne had 6 catches 106 yards,Hilton had 5 for 58 1 TD,Fugger lead colts defense with 12 tackles,Maualuga had 10,Zbikowski had 7 tackles,Odom had 2 sacks,Sales had 1 INT.

again my defense let 2 wr's go over 100 for second week in row.

Jags,Chiefs,Browns all clinched there division's...Pat's,Bills made the playoff's we moved up to 6th place with 10-5 record now 5 other teams are 10-5 Jags still sit @ #1 with 11-4 recored,Chiefs stioll in 2nd with 10-4-1 record.

we lost 2 LBer's in past 2 games Acho in win against ravens hes out 9 weeks with broken .... and lost his back up mcneal this week to broken ribs .... givens is still out 2 more weeks with broken collarbone.

Last game of yr is against the steelers... looking@ there injury report for steelers alot of players that played good for them last time are out injuried this time Troy Polamalu... out with fractured foot,Jordin Jurado out 2 weeks brokenm wrist,Alameda Taamu Partial MCL tear 4 weeks...

lmmfao looking @ the record stats for franchise they have a pic of micheal turner for Trent Richardsons pic because i set record with 325 yards in game last yr just noticed that now lol. only reason i know its michael turner is because when i click on season stats hes on page with falcons.

some season stats notes

Trent Richardson is 218 yards away from going over 2,000 yards for 4th yr in row he has 26 TD's on ground.

Weeden has bounced back from his off yr last yr where he only threw for 15 TD's,24 INT's ....and 2,752 yards..... this yr he has 27 TD's,16 INT's.... 3,983 yards passing... so this yr is his second best yr of his 4 yr career his best was his rookie yr where he threw 39 TD's 22 INT's and for over 5,000 yards with 5,061.

Travis Benjamin is having a good yr 81 catches 1,235 yards 7 TD's his second best yr as pro as well besides his rookie yr where he lite it up and had 108 catches...2,693 yards 25 TD's.

wow only 3 browns made pro bowl this yr Weeden,Richardson,Benjamin..
thats how bad my defense has been because useally haden,sheard and few others make it as well.
Tell me if you make the playoffs and I hoe you win the 4th super bowl in a row

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #3335
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

last game of yr Browns@ Steelers

1st quarter

7 plays in the steelers get on board first on 3 yard big ben to pearson TD catch 7-0....browns get ball but on second drive of series timmons picks off weeden steelers ball 1st play is a 17 yard completion to wallace few run plays and then a 14 yard pass play to brown...44 secs left in 1st big ben to campbell and its 14-0... steelers quarter ends...

2nd quarter

browns ball and were driving finally getting on board with 3:30 left in second 14-7 steelers...steelers ball but my defennse makes a stand and gets the ball back with 2:07 on clock..but again we have punt...1:43 left before half big ben hits campbell again this time for 51 yard TD... 21-7 and with 38 secs before half my offense strikes again this time its a 26 yard TD pass to williams...2 secs left before halftime big ben throws one deep over middle but its PICKED by johnson and its halftime 21-14.

3rd quarter

starts we get the KO but we get a holding call 1st and 10 on our 12..****n play nothing 2nd down is a 21 yard hook up with watson..2 plays later weeden finds williams for 38...2 plays later richardson scores from 20 yards out and were tied up 21 all...steelers ball and again there offense takes off 16 yard pass then 32 yard pass 6 yard mccoy run...3:00 left in 3rd big ben sacked forcing a 38 yard fg attempt in pouring rain with gusting winds and its wide left.... browns take over.... browns ball but to sacks force us to punt it back...and thats the quarter...21 all tie still.

4th quarter

starts...steelers driving and another sack on 3rd and 2 forces steelers to try a 50 yard fg........ITS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!... but sails wide right this time...7:11 left in quarter...4 plays later weeden hooks up with little for 30 yard TD 28-21...steelers ball but my defense responds yet again getting to big ben forcing yet another punt...3:41 left in game...were driving shoving richardson down there throats with 1:33 left in game he scores from 3 yards out... 35-21....steelers ball but on 4th and 8 they go for it and come up a yard short browns ball 1:05 left in game...3 plays later richardsons in endzone again 42-21... steelers ball and 24 secs left big ben heaves ones down sideline but ITS PICKED by DRC...17 secs left i hand off to richardson and its a FUMBLE!!!!!!!! steelers recover 2 incomplete passes later games over we WIN 42-21.

Weeden was 12-20 258 yards 2 TD's 2 INT's,60% completion rating,97.9 qb rating,Richardson had 27 carries 163 yards 3 TD's avg 6.0 YPC,Greene had 4 for 43 1 TD avg 10.7 YPC,Williams lead browns with 5 catches 139 yards 27.8 YPC 1 TD,Watson had 4 for 64 0 TD's,Benjamin had 2 for 25,Little had 1 for 30 1 TD,Ward,Johnson each had 5 tackles,johnson had 1 INT,Skrine,Sheard each had 4 tackles,Osi had 2 sacks,hughes had 1,Winn had 1, we had 2 INT's.

Big Ben was 16-26 209 yards 3 TD's 2 INT's,61% completion rating,93.2 qb rating,McCoy had 16 carries 114 yards,Campbell had 6 catches 96 yards 2 TD's,Brown had 3 for 20 yards,Harrison,Woodley,West each had 8 tackles,Cornelius had 6 tackles,Timmons had 6 as well,Harrison had a sack,Washington had a sack,Fredricks,Timmons each had a INT.

We are now 11-5 on season.

wow just simmed to playoff and we have play ravens for 3rd time this yr both have been shootouts flacco's thrown like 8 TD's against my D and has like 700 yards passing.

we ended with 4th best record in league @ 11-5.

AFC NORTH Browns 11-5,Raven's 9-7,Bengals 8-8,Steelers 4-12<--thats shocking because they still have pretty much same team as they do now in real life...besides mccoy being on team the offense has big ben,wallace,brown,defense has all same players as well troy,harrison,woodley,timmons.

Wildcard Playoffs

Ravens vs Browns,Redskins vs Giants,Bills vs Patriots,Saints vs 49er's.

so pretty much all division rematches except saints,49er's.

Trent Richardson came up 45 yards short of 2,000 yards he ended up with 1955. that does move him into 10th place on nfl records for most yards in season so now he has 1st,2nd,3rd,10th place in record books. he also holds 1st place for most TD's in season as well he has 1st,2nd,3rd,5th place.

Brandon Weeden won the 2014 QB of yr award in AFC... and the NFL...thats his second time winning both awards.

Trent Richardson won RB of the yr 4 yrs straight along with RB of yr award in NFL... hes made pro bowl 3 of his 4 yrs he missed out this yr though.hes won MVP all 4 yrs as well both in AFC,NFL. he has 29 awards in his career.

funny thing it says in awards that neither Weeden,Richardson,Benjanmin made 2014 pro bowl.... but when i look@ the Pro Bowl Voting.... Weedens the starting qb for afc,Richardson starting rb,Benjamin is 4th wr with most votes....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #3336
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Wildcard Playoffs

in a heavy rain

1st quarter neither team could do nothing....there was couple missed fg's by both team's....but it was alot of 3 and out's.... and the 1st quarter ends 0-0.

2nd quarter

finally a few minutes into the quarter the back up qb grosso playing for injuried weeden gets browns into fg postion... 3-0 .... ravens ball they get a drive going there nearing our redzone when its a FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!... browns recover 34 secs left before halftime grosso connects with jackson for 28 yard TD 10-0 browns....on the kickoff a mis handle on the catch and its another FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! browns ball 14 secs before half we kick a fg 13-0.

3rd quarter

starts....ravens get the ball and there eating up clock and yards ... finally my defense stiffens and they kick a fg 13-3.... we get ball and we get a drive going this time grosso trying to scramble gets hit ball comes lose ravens recover i challenge but lose the challenge....again ravens are driving they are getting close again but a key tackle by MJM stops ravens and forces a fg 13-6..... that ends the quarter...

4th quarter

browns ball and grosso hands off left to richardson he finds himself a hole and hes up the sideline for 76 yard TD 20-6 browns.....ravens ball but dont know if its the rain effecting players now because theres a lot of incomplete passes and drops between both teams....the ravens are forced to punt....browns are driving looking for the killshot ... but grosso is PICKED....ravens return it for a TD 20-13 now... 3 minutes left in game...browns ball and we go with the ground game and richardson and eat rest of 3 minutes up we win 20-13....we move on to face the chiefs...

Grosso went 17-35 186 yards 1 TD 1 INT 48% completion,62.3 qb rating,Richardson had 19 carries 133 yards 1 TD 7.0 YPC,Moore lead browns with 5 catches 51 yards,watson had 5 for 45,Little had 4 for 57,Jackson had 2 for 37 1 TD,Morgan lead the defense with 11 tackles...MJM had 6, as well did Alston,Haden,Jackson had 5 each my defense had 2 FF,FR's,Morgan also had 3 sacks,Jackson had a half sack,Russell had a sack, no INT's.

Flacco we keeop in check this time guess it was because my defensive backfield was 100% healthy he was 14-31 130 yards 0 TD's,0 INT's, 45% completion rating,57.2 qb rating,Rice had only 15 carries for 39 yards 2.6 YPC,Pierce had 6 for 24 yards 4.0 YPC,Smith had 7 catches 94 yards 0 TD's,Wilson lead ravens defense with 9 tackles ,Ngata had 8,Millsap had 6,Mcclain had 7....Massaquoi had 1 sack,Reed had the only TD of game with pick 6. so we sweeped the ravens 3-0 this yr next game is the chiefs... should be interesting weeden is out of that game with broken hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »