Home

What Speed/Thresh are you playing on

This is a discussion on What Speed/Thresh are you playing on within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #33
Rookie

cwinnbari's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What Speed/Thresh are you playing on

slow and 75 ....

Used to be low (btwn 25-35) but I broke a 99 yard TD run with Sanchez and realized that the all I'm doing is making it harder for linemen to move...

I've been enjoying 75... a couple of PA's have worked (well I still messed them up but at least I was able to throw it) and it seems like screens set up a little better
Old 09-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #34
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Very Fast, 0 threshold and that will never change on any Madden I ever play. 0 threshold gives the perfert amount of seperation between fast and slow players IMO so there's no need to change that.. I don't need no Dlineman walking down my speedy back or WR once he catches stride.. To each his own though..
Are you getting realistic separation on very fast though?
Old 09-05-2011, 01:48 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think it's always a good idea to find out how the developers intended the game to be played and stick with that, unless slow produces more realistic gameplay. To me, normal shows me the most realism. My DE's in the 4-3 scheme defense pressure QB's all day on 4-man rushes. I'm a Giants fan, but the colts front 4 are insane with the spin moves and rips from everywhere.

Just stick with a cover 2 as the base D and mix it with non blitz zones; cover 3, cover 6, cover 4 and watch the Freeney and Mathis show. If the opposing qb is in the zone however, you gotta get him outta his rhythm and mix up your coverages and blitz schemes. I almost never play man though, my cb can cover their best wr.

I play on "customized sliders" with all of the sliders even, except I bump up my carrying ability (fumbles) 1 notch. This prevents the game from thinking that I want to play on ALL-Pro, which to me causes ordinary cpu opponents to play faster and like, well, all-pros. This to me is why people's de's aren's seeing sacks. Becaus ALL-Pro causes the cpu to play much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #36
Rookie

cwinnbari's Arena

In a thread in the slider settings section someone said that one of the developers said 75 was the most "true to life" setting (along with a few other sliding adjustments)

For anyone that has changed the threshold a bit, have you noticed the games feels faster or slower when you adjust it?

When I was slow and 35 it seemed like everyone just ran and never sprinted... when i switched to 75 I noticed players seems to move faster... I thought maybe I had changed the game speed back to normal but it was still set to slow.... funny what changing the slider does
Old 09-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #37
Rookie

I play on slow and thres at 20, but thinking of lowering it.

I play with the Redskins and on kick returns, Brandon Banks who should be top 2 or 3 fastest player in the game, gets run down by big 290lbs LBs.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #38
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Slow/15.

Devin Hester should be able to separate from Pat Williams.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
If all you change is move thresh to zero, then yes. However, that's why editing the other values and verifying what difficulty level you play on to compensate for AI's boost (ex. All Madden) will balance the game out.

I paly All Madden, slow, thresh 0
makes sense, I went back to playing on all-pro default mode.
the only changes Ive made are the threshold at 65 fatigue at 75
lowered receivers to 43 and rb to 43.
Ill make adjustments to the fg game.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #40
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

Normal and 45 here, though I'm thinking of dropping it to 35. I use Denver and run with Knowhson, so I want it set to where he can bust a long one, but still able to be realistically run down from behind by a 90 something speed guy. I think I'm close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »