Home

This game can be so frustratingly evil....

This is a discussion on This game can be so frustratingly evil.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: This game can be so frustratingly evil....

I don't see these problems being referred to on a consistent basis. It seems random...which is like real life. Watch NFL games....some days the recievers don't hold on to the ball, others the QB gets no protection in crunch time. I just write it off as the randomness of football. I've certainly had tons of 4th quarter comebacks and lucky plays (tipped balls my wr gets, cpu fumbles inside my 5 etc.) so I can't say it's stacked against me at all.

I will agree with the frustration piece. There are games where hurling the controller is the only viable option.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 10-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't see these problem. Happens all the time IRL aswell.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #11
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Just look at the pats vs bills game. Ochocinco was wide open during a crucial moment of the game and he drops the ball near the end zone. Happens all the time in real life, some people choke.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I don't see these problems being referred to on a consistent basis. It seems random...which is like real life. Watch NFL games....some days the recievers don't hold on to the ball, others the QB gets no protection in crunch time. I just write it off as the randomness of football. I've certainly had tons of 4th quarter comebacks and lucky plays (tipped balls my wr gets, cpu fumbles inside my 5 etc.) so I can't say it's stacked against me at all.

I will agree with the frustration piece. There are games where hurling the controller is the only viable option.
Yep mj, I agree completely. First time in many years I barely made the playoffs, using Steelers this time had a lot of tough games due to suspect Oline riddled with injuries, much like real NFL. Game 16, cpu controlled Rodney Harrison blocked a FG with 28 sec left against Bengals to get me in. Following week lost to Texans in wild card game cuz Arion Foster was unstopable against my 3rd best rush D. Managed to shut him down most of the 4th penalties killed final drive. Never happened like that in any previous versions.

I'm with ya on controllers, I think EA gets a percentage from Sony and Microsoft from controller replacement sales. If I were an NFL head coach I would have something in my contract stating that the team have at least a dozen replacement headsets cuz I would be chuckin them things all over the sidelines.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees

For me its not about players choking in the clutch that bothers me. You're right, that happens.

the 2 biggest problems I have are CPU broken tackles (once, I was playing against the ravens. Late 4th quarter, defending a small lead. Hand off to ray rice. With Patrick Willis I blow into the backfield untouched, and blow up rice CLEAN, but instead of going down, he bounces off the tackle 5 yards in the backfield and runs for 35. I watched Steve Smith last night lower his shoulder and mike alstott his way through my defenders. Those are just a couple examples) and player thrown interceptions (in year 1, I threw 38 ints with Alex Smith, and this year thru week 15 I have 21), and they are issues not fixed by sliders. If I lower broken tackles, the CPU will have no offense, and if I lower ints, the CPU will just stop pass defending altogether instead of just lowering how often they catch it.

Take those 2 issues out (ie allow the CPU to have an offense without cheesing their way through broken tackles, or allowing the CPU to play defense without their players being ball magnet sponges) and my complaints with madden drop infinitely.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
I don't see these problem. Happens all the time IRL aswell.
same here. I dont coome across it. maybe it's just we look at it differently.

I mean the Op states it the perfect play and perfect situation. He is wide open then drops the ball.

So the wrong situation on dorpping the ball would be that he was covered and got hit when the ball hit his hands , so he dropped the ball.

All drop passes when wide open are the perfection sitaution and play, but it happens all the time IRL. It's part of the game. I'm sure it proablbly happens twice at most in a game of Madden and if that many.

I have had games where it just did not happen at all, and to me that is not realistic.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 10-04-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can't win by more than 14 points. If I ever get a big lead, you can bet the CPU will force a fumble, or get a pick 6.

I could run the ball all day long and not fumble, but if I'm up big late in the game, even if I use the cover ball button, the CPU will strip it, recover it, break 6 tackles and make it a one score game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
I can't win by more than 14 points. If I ever get a big lead, you can bet the CPU will force a fumble, or get a pick 6.

I could run the ball all day long and not fumble, but if I'm up big late in the game, even if I use the cover ball button, the CPU will strip it, recover it, break 6 tackles and make it a one score game.
There's this also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »