Home

Need A Good Saftey?

This is a discussion on Need A Good Saftey? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Rookie

reece420's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon11 Need A Good Saftey?

Hey Guys, you might know this already but Rolb Bullock (can't remember his first name) he should be in FA, if you change his position to saftey he rating goes up to 93 and he is already 84 as a Rolb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Need A Good Saftey?

too slow to be safety cheese
Old 10-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece420
Hey Guys, you might know this already but Rolb Bullock (can't remember his first name) he should be in FA, if you change his position to saftey he rating goes up to 93 and he is already 84 as a Rolb.
A player rating in my opinion doesn't mean a whole lot to me in madden. This game is about speed first and then other atributes such as pursuit, hit power and tackling and you can find those players with 69 and 70 ratings. I'll give you 3 players FS Colin Jones, SS Taylor Mays and CB Tommie Campbell. All over the field.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Dirty- Never Clean

DIRTYSTEVE's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel like overall ratings this year can be a bit misleading. Take running backs for example, they can be rated in the low 70's but have really good speed, accelleration and ball carrier vision. I tend to use yonger players that I can develope and that is how I know.

But for the most part, you cab take mid 80 rated lb's and cb's and switch there position to saftey, granting them an overall rating bump.

With my buccaneer chise, I changed barber to fs since he isn't very fast and he went up to 93 overall.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Keith Bullock could do well in the box as a pass rushing Safety if you really wanted an extra linebacker on the field. But there's already 5 lb defenses in the game. He'd be a liability in deep coverage. Ill keep him at LB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTYSTEVE
But for the most part, you cab take mid 80 rated lb's and cb's and switch there position to saftey, granting them an overall rating bump.

With my buccaneer chise, I changed barber to fs since he isn't very fast and he went up to 93 overall.
I'm gonna do this with Champ Bailey when he starts to decline. With his tackling ability, he should be an amazing SS.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece420
If you run a 46, this might would work...as a formation sub, assuming you don't main 46.

If you do run 46 as the backbone, I'd get a better coverage guy (assuming Bullock isn't a good ZCV/MCV player), since there's going to be times he'll have to play coverage, not just run support/8th man in the box.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTYSTEVE
This might be good for him because he's AWFUL in MCV (66, I think), and sometimes even Tampa's defenses call man for CBs.

However, it's much easier to avoid putting S's in man (blitz them or just Cover 1+ defenses, Man 2 Under types, etc)

He probably could be like an Ed Reed, really, with that PRC and AWR he has along with his 90+ ZCV...hmm...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »