Home

Is using another team's playbook "Not Honorable"? Intense Office Debate

This is a discussion on Is using another team's playbook "Not Honorable"? Intense Office Debate within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is using another team's playbook "Not Honorable"? Intense Office Debate

Thank you very much for all the replies! You guys are awesome, keep them coming!! Office Debate continues...
Old 02-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

I didn't even read your whole post. He's tight cuz he lost and lost badly. Even by changing the playbook, it still comes down to FOOTBALL, blocking, tackling, knocking down passes, not turning the ball over. Every team in the league plays zone, man, blitzes and such. All those defensive playbooks overlap at some point. Tell him to step his game up.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
I love my Giants. I hate Kevin Gilbride. You paid for the game and the system, do what makes you happy. Half the time in games like this, as soon as I take control of the team, I fire the coach.
That's kind of funny, because when I use a 4-3, I always come back to the Giants playbook sooner or later, IMHO the best 4-3 playbook in the game, if only it had a regular Dime package it would be perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
That's kind of funny, because when I use a 4-3, I always come back to the Giants playbook sooner or later, IMHO the best 4-3 playbook in the game, if only it had a regular Dime package it would be perfect.
Well Gilbride is the Giants offensive coordinator. And I don't kno what type of plays they have in the game but in real life, he runs this shotgun draw that has literally been successful 3 times ALL year. Twice in the SAME game. So I refuse to utilize anything that has his name attached to it, lol.

But I dont care if you're playing with the Jags who have no receivers and a crappy QB, if the Dallas playbook makes the Jags work for YOU, then go for it. If you win games running goal line sets all day, do it. It's the other guys job to adjust. Then when he adjusts, hit him with some new *ish and watch him squirm again.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Delta, try the Lions defensive playbook. It's a good 4-3 book with Dime normal package.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'd say it's fine since we no longer abide by the medieval chivalric code of honor as a general rule. All's fair in love and war.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'd say it's fine since we no longer abide by the medieval chivalric code of honor as a general rule. All's fair in love and war.
This is so true and it burns me up! LOL

This thread gets to the heart of my issue with the general rule of thumb applied to Madden, "do what works". Back before life happened, when me and my buddy's ran offline franchise together, if something was questionable on realism, we voted about it and usually aired on the side of caution. Meaning if somebody "cried" about x not being realistic and without it so-n-so couldn't win, it usually got voted out.

Back in NFL2k5, I started placing my starting RB, Clinton Portis, on KR/PR because of his ball carrier skills and my buddies screamed foul. Was it cheating, no but it was unrealistic seeing as the game didn't differentiate between Return skills and general ball carrier skills, along with missing adequate risk/reward of injury, fatigue or disgruntled veteran potential.

So I personally think it's "not honorable" and if there is even a question about it, both teams should stick to their playbooks because that makes the victory all the more sweet, if you still beat 'em!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Madden's custom playbooks would be a great feature if it wasn't insanely limited in the number of plays/formations you can use.

I don't understand why Madden playbooks are so limited when you can literally put every play that's in the game -- totaling around 2,000 plays -- into your custom playbooks for All Pro Football 2K8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »