Home

Is it harder to make a football video game?

This is a discussion on Is it harder to make a football video game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #57
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Is it harder to make a football video game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Just field a team with high rated players learn the exploits on the madden sites and youtube and you will be top rank in no time. Then come in these forums and talk about how great a madden player you are and how much you love it, then get invited to the annual Tiburon field trip so they can show you their appreciation for not pointing out the fact a 6 year old game does stuff their game can't do.
As someone who has been to CD before, I don't think that is fair. Sure, some people may fit that description, but common man. Is that why you think The Watcher, BezO, adembroski, Valdarez, Sven Draconian, LBzrule, Kane, and RGiles were invited in the past? However, there is a reason my signature is what it is.

Last edited by PGaither84; 02-16-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
As someone who has been to CD before, I don't think that is fair. Sure, some people may fit that description, but common man. Is that why you think The Watcher, BezO, adembroski, Valdarez, Sven Draconian, LBzrule, Kane, and RGiles were invited in the past? However, there is a reason my signature is what it is.
I play LBzrule at least once a week, I talk with Kane when he comes in our parties and you also. I dont think none of yall fit that discription. I don't think Bezo or Valderz or Sven or Rgile's or adembroski fit it either.(From reading their posts)

In fact, I should really retract that part. I was posting in anger at that point.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for all the feedback. I don't expect a perfect game. I think MLB the Show is a great baseball game but it is not perfect. I just wanna feel that way about Madden as well because I love the NFL!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #60
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm no programmer so I'm not going to pretend like I know how hard it is to make a video game. Currently we see one football video game on the market with NFL authenticism. Madden. Many other development teams have created football games in the past and the attempt, at the very least, should imply that for a professional programmer a football simulation game isn't that hard to make. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's challenging. Unless you're flipping burgers most of the workforce might find their job challenging at times. Some might find flipping burgers tough while trying to text at the same time. New generation I guess.

I've stated before on these forums that I haven't bought Madden or NCAA since 06. It was so easy to see from the get go that EA had messed up with the code and engines they choose upon. Raise your hand if you didn't see it? We're talking about new gens coming when there is so much left on the current machines. Though, when you present something that doesn't look right from the get go how can you improve upon it? What do I mean? I was expecting a completely different looking game in 06 than what I played on the PS2 for 05. I saw the same game, more polished. First thing I asked myself was, "what kind of programming is this?"

That can't happen again.

I read somewhere in this thread where it was stated that Madden offers more in regards to playing other humans opposed to the computer. I don't agree with that at all. Football is tough to program because you have so many different AI assignments to program and when you start with broken code to begin with what makes a difference who you play. You can't control every player on the field and when it's human vs. human or human vs. computer the game is won with exploits. You can't control all the AI components. What you need is solid code and engines so that you get exceptional interactions with the players you aren't controlling.

That is all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »