Home

Madden NFL 13: Better With Kinect Sensor

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13: Better With Kinect Sensor within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 13: Better With Kinect Sensor

I'm all for motion gaming if the control scheme is deep and not a glorified button push. There are so many things that can be done with motion controls that could make the game deeper and more intuitive. With a controller the deeper a game gets usually means the more complex the control scheme.

Imagine scanning the field for recievers with your actual eyes and not having to use buttons or executing a touch pass over the linebacker and in front of the safety based on your actual throwing motion and arm speed. As long as it's not all or nothing and you can pick and choose what aspects you want to control via kinect, it can only make the game better.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

Said the same crap last year (Kinect integration). I'll believe it when I see it, and I fully expect it to be half-assed like most other Madden efforts.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I think the Kinect could be used to add realism and authenticity if it's used to add User created throwing motions and celebrations/reactions, that can be shared. That way, those things could be added to the edit options we have for in-game players.

It's highly unlikely to include throwing motions but we could be getting the celebrations/reactions part of it. One review mentioned that player behavior seemed more specific in the Cover announcement build of M13 and considering no other impressions from those in the know even mentioned this stuff, I believe it has something to do with DPP 2.0 on June 4th.

Anyway, if that somehow ties in with gamers being able to use Kinect to expand the player celebration/reaction animation library in M13, that would be a nice addition. Also fits right in with the way movements can be saved and replayed in various Kinect games. However, it would be far better if it includes a share feature as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

If the Kinect integration is anything like the Tiger Woods 13 integration, don't bother.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I posted an interview with Mike Young a few days ago and he talked about how they showed the kinect functionality to the guys at community day and even the most hardcore gameplay guys thought it was a great feature and that it addded something of quality to gameplay.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Never really searched too hard before because I don't have Kinect but it seems Peter Moore revealed the Kinect feature for M13, last year at E3. Seems it will be an audible system using the Kinect, maybe with audio and hand gestures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij5J4adBTEg
Old 06-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

The Xbox 360 would be better without Kinect. I have yet to hear of a single game that kinect has revolutionized. It seems to do little to nothing at most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I posted an interview with Mike Young a few days ago and he talked about how they showed the kinect functionality to the guys at community day and even the most hardcore gameplay guys thought it was a great feature and that it addded something of quality to gameplay.
Have the community day guys said anything about something they DIDN'T like? I find it hard to believe it's all roses and cherries with Madden this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »