Home

Madden NFL 13 Features New Commentary Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features New Commentary Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #73
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features New Commentary Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Ehhh. IMO, the problem has never been the commentary team. It's been how & when the commentary was triggered, the lack of diversity & limited number of lines recorded. With a new team, they have to start all over recording lines.

Until they improve audio implementation, I could care less who the commentary team is. And I'm guessing they'll still need a few years of the same team to build up the audio library.

Here's to hoping Simms & Nantz stick around for a while.
The sound technology is getting an overhaul, though. We'll see how the innovative technology works. Could be the same as NCAA's?

- Audio

Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with a new commentary team and the implementation of innovative technology along with unique resources provided by NFL Films.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #74
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I want Madden and Michaels back!!!!! I know, I'm a nostalgic fool.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 04-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #75
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The sound technology is getting an overhaul, though. We'll see how the innovative technology works. Could be the same as NCAA's?

- Audio

Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with a new commentary team and the implementation of innovative technology along with unique resources provided by NFL Films.
I'm hopeful for the technology, but I can't see them getting a sufficient amount of audio recorded in one year. Another full year of Chris & Gus recording along with the new tech would've been a better idea.

Also, until proven, I have no faith in EA's version of "faithfully replicates NFL Sundays".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I'm hopeful for the technology, but I can't see them getting a sufficient amount of audio recorded in one year. Another full year of Chris & Gus recording along with the new tech would've been a better idea.

Also, until proven, I have no faith in EA's version of "faithfully replicates NFL Sundays".
With new announcers, Nantz and Simms in the both, would it be possible if they were there at the same time?
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

Simms can't even call a REAL NFL game right, and now he's calling them in Madden??? Swing and a miss, guys.

IMHO, if you want to brand NFL with a network, just use NFL Network, ESPECIALLY now with Thursday Night Football becoming a standard. Nessler/Mayock would have been PERFECT for this.

Last edited by ChrisHewy; 04-23-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #78
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

I disagree because, it doesn't seem that much of the old library of audio could be implemented well into the new system. I think in M12, that said something about using the new commentary system for certain things, like some DPP specific commentary because those were new lines.

So what I am saying is, it seems that to utilize the new commentary tech, they felt the need to record new lines anyway, so choosing to change commentators now, was the right timing.

You don't put old wine into new wine skins philosophy, lol.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #79
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I want Madden and Michaels back!!!!! I know, I'm a nostalgic fool.
You mean Madden and Summerall then. I don't blame any of the previous announcers for not immersing me into the game, it was the tech that was used causing Madden to become stale way too soon.
So I know if they revamped the tech used in commentary it could be more exciting no matter whos calling the game.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 13 info on Website

Nantz & Simms get crapped on a lot from what I can tell, but I actually enjoy listening to those two call games together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »