Home

Madden NFL 13 Features New Commentary Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features New Commentary Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #65
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features New Commentary Team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

Nice find OP. I'm curious to see how this will sound.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #66
Rookie

Papi34's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm definitely intruiged by this little tidbit, but ALL new from the ground up? I have my doubts.

Personally I don't like Phil Simms, so I'd prefer another team, but if it's done well I'll be happy.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 16

Im surprised the CD members haven't gotten on here to talk about this news since it was reported on EA.com.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #68
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Im surprised the CD members haven't gotten on here to talk about this news since it was reported on EA.com.
Considering it was a leak, I'd think they are still not allowed to talk about it.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #69
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
They still would be in breech over their NDA. Do you think EA would allow to report on a topic that was quickly removed from the website?

I don't think CD members want to take that chance, either.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They still would be in breech over their NDA. Do you think EA would allow to report on a topic that was quickly removed from the website?

I don't think CD members want to take that chance, either.
There the ones who have control over what their site says, so I think anything they put on it, that they announces as a new feature is fair game for the CD members to talk about. I guess none of them will do it though, because its a slippery slope to just talk about the new commentators without referring to the new announcing and presentation features.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #71
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Ehhh. IMO, the problem has never been the commentary team. It's been how & when the commentary was triggered, the lack of diversity & limited number of lines recorded. With a new team, they have to start all over recording lines.

Until they improve audio implementation, I could care less who the commentary team is. And I'm guessing they'll still need a few years of the same team to build up the audio library.

Here's to hoping Simms & Nantz stick around for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Ehhh. IMO, the problem has never been the commentary team. It's been how & when the commentary was triggered, the lack of diversity & limited number of lines recorded. With a new team, they have to start all over recording lines.

Until they improve audio implementation, I could care less who the commentary team is. And I'm guessing they'll still need a few years of the same team to build up the audio library.

Here's to hoping Simms & Nantz stick around for a while.
Doesn't matter how many times they repaint this car to look nice; if the engine barely works, then it's an insufficient car. Just got to take the wait-and-see approach. I personally prefer Gus and Chris if they utilized both their strengths. People think Gus is always over-the-top excited like he ALWAYS is in Madden, but I think he's best in regular play-by-play. I thought his enthusiasm only on big plays would translate over, so you could feel excited when you would make big plays. However, he has that same excitement every play; goes from satisfaction to annoyance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »