Home

STOP THE WHINING! MADDEN IS VERY REALISTIC!!!...

This is a discussion on STOP THE WHINING! MADDEN IS VERY REALISTIC!!!... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2003, 10:04 AM   #9
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: STOP THE WHINING! MADDEN IS VERY REALISTIC!!!...

Quote:

NCoffey said:
Just thought of something, you can view the number of posts by day/month/year/time and what not but what would be more interesting is if you could do it by subject of post, it wouldbe near impossible to do but it would be cool. It would look something like this:

% of Posts Hating on Madden: 90%
% of Posts Explaining the Hatred of Madden: 7%
% of Pointless Posts: 1%
% of Post Prostitution: 1%
% Other: 1%

Old 10-06-2003, 11:38 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

i'm sorry, but alot of those complaints have to do with ppl who just jump into the game and are not willing to learn it(same w/2k4). there's one guy who says the rb breaking tackles too many are a big issue. then he concludes by saying he hopes EA will fix the touch tackling!??

ppl, NFL players are not perfect!!! they make mistakes EVERY GAME!!! this is reflected in MADDEN2004. learn to deal with the mistakes (sometimes) by your players. if your star rb is fatigued at 65-70%, SUB HIM!! don't keep giving him the ball and then getting upset when he fumbles! get real...

Old 10-06-2003, 03:08 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

I played both games online yesterday for 3 hours and i found out ESPN is more realistic. 5 minute games in Madden i won 54-38, 42-7, and lost one game 45-35. Then i went to play ESPN and the score was 21-10, 35-14 on Legend and ESPN just felt better. looked better, and was more of a game than a shootout i had in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2003, 04:23 PM   #12
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
I played both games online yesterday for 3 hours and i found out ESPN is more realistic. 5 minute games in Madden i won 54-38, 42-7, and lost one game 45-35. Then i went to play ESPN and the score was 21-10, 35-14 on Legend and ESPN just felt better. looked better, and was more of a game than a shootout i had in Madden.

Sorry I don't have that shootout problem with madden. That's why there are sliders.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:29 PM   #13
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Whaaaazuuuuup said:
for about a month & a half, all i've heard in this board is EA screwed up MADDEN, making too many great plays. well, after the first 5 weesk of the season (especially yesterday), that's what the NFL is all about.

i was soooo pumped yesterday watching all the great action of week 5 and came to the conclusion that EA knew what they were doing. maybe some of us need to buckle down and learn to play the game. this goes the same for 2k4 haters. big plays hapen in the NFL when ever the opportunity comes. the come back logic is alil' played out. if you slip, the game will get you. i've simply learned how to play MUCH BETTER DEFENSE! practicing different situations. understanding my strong & weak points.

mind you, the game is not perfect, we all know that. but it's put together very well, and i feel many don't give credit for what i does, simulates NFL football!

many of you should be happy you're getting your money's worth. i know i am....

IMO...

I agree totally. A lot of the same people come on here and complain about the same thing over and over again. I come on this board and somebody will start a thread that has been posted about a thousand times like Madden isn't realistic. What the hell is realistic? If that question was asked to a hundred people you would get 100 different answers. If you don't like the game that is cool just say why you don't like it. Don't say it's not realistic because what the hell does that mean.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #14
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

nowitzki41 said:
Quote:

Whaaaazuuuuup said:
for about a month & a half, all i've heard in this board is EA screwed up MADDEN, making too many great plays. well, after the first 5 weesk of the season (especially yesterday), that's what the NFL is all about.

i was soooo pumped yesterday watching all the great action of week 5 and came to the conclusion that EA knew what they were doing. maybe some of us need to buckle down and learn to play the game. this goes the same for 2k4 haters. big plays hapen in the NFL when ever the opportunity comes. the come back logic is alil' played out. if you slip, the game will get you. i've simply learned how to play MUCH BETTER DEFENSE! practicing different situations. understanding my strong & weak points.

mind you, the game is not perfect, we all know that. but it's put together very well, and i feel many don't give credit for what i does, simulates NFL football!

many of you should be happy you're getting your money's worth. i know i am....

IMO...

I agree totally. A lot of the same people come on here and complain about the same thing over and over again. I come on this board and somebody will start a thread that has been posted about a thousand times like Madden isn't realistic. What the hell is realistic? If that question was asked to a hundred people you would get 100 different answers. If you don't like the game that is cool just say why you don't like it. Don't say it's not realistic because what the hell does that mean.

So people can't come on here and be critical about the game?
Old 10-06-2003, 05:20 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:

I used to have these same problems, but now I'm learning how to play defense and control the ball. I'm now getting 28-24, 21-24, etc. Before I used to have to score 21 points in one quarter and 10 or 14 in others inorder to win. Now, if I get to 24, I'll have a chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2003, 01:29 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 9

Not to disrespect anyone, but some of the guys complaining about high scores simply
do not play good defense. Not only that, but whoever they are playing does not either.
The most common resolution to any problem you have against the CPU is SLIDERS.

In my opinion sliders for the most part are for those that are not up to the
challange, who wish to "make the game play to their level" whether than
actually learning correct defenses and when to use the correct defense.

From what I have seen it takes weeks or maybe even monthes to take a SINGLE
team in Madden master their offensive plays and become efficient enough to make
offenses pay for repetitive or bad play calling. This is what I have experienced
playing really good players with allpro or all madden default settings.(acc. 12min)

I think different people are on different levels of gaming and this, in return,
gives very different opinions on not just Madden, but any sports' game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »