Home

STOP THE WHINING! MADDEN IS VERY REALISTIC!!!...

This is a discussion on STOP THE WHINING! MADDEN IS VERY REALISTIC!!!... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2003, 10:00 AM   #49
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: STOP THE WHINING! MADDEN IS VERY REALISTIC!!!...

Quote:

dano said:
For me the 45 degree running angles make the game unplayable. when you run i tend to zig zag. is this just me? what am i doing worong? i love everything else but hate the angles. madden is not much better but seems more fluid. i also live the playmaker option to run the opposite side (no this is not switchg play option in espn).

in espn i can do a slant on every play. man or zone. i would not consider this great zone coverage. also, have you ever seen the animation where a second tier CB makes a over the shoulder one handed int. very very funny.

espn does have good passing mecanics. namely that you must set your qb and throw. no throwing off the back foot.

behavior?? are you insane? what football coach punts from the 30 yard line? the AI will punt at the 30 unless it is janakoski. i can also predicet which play the cpu will run. 2 te set =run, 1st down pass imcomplete=2nd down run, etc.

you don't need deeper playbooks in espn. all you need is 2 hard and 2 soft. then switch your line one way and the lbs the other. stops the run every time.

both games have flaws but madden is better in MY OPINION.

Now you ask the right question: what are YOU doing wrong? Are you using the d-pad? Sounds like it.

Try a slant in the NFL. If the QB can the get ball off and put it in the right spot, you can complete it EVERY time versus any defense as long as the individual defender doesn't make a SPECIAL adjustment for it. Defenses can prevent it from picking up a lot of yards however. Now the day you hear me say it's perfect, you'll see pigs fly, but it's BETTER and more realistic than Maddens.

What does "playcalling" have to do with behavior? That's a BUG. As in not an intended part of the game design. We can talk about bugs in every game till the cows come home. And I was talking about blocking behaviors - you know, the decision making of the AI controlled players. It's varied and versatile.

Quote:

you don't need deeper playbooks in espn...

Great one dude. Here's a little news for you. Teams in the NFL normally play a couple of coverages the majority of the time. They make slight adjustments throughout the game based on what's happened in the game, but if you look at, say the Bucs, they are running Cover 2 about 80% of the time. The only time you see a particular variance in under a certain circumstance - like a blitz on passing situations.

You're right. Both games have flaws. There's nothing wrong with your opinion that Madden is better. My post just answered the question: "what's better in ESPN". I stated my opinion about on-field and off-field comparison to each game. But overall, I put them equal. I'm not going to sit here and whine that one game's flaw is a "killer" for me. That's total garbage. You're fishing for reasons to want one over the other and that just doesn't fly. The bottomline is that they are BOTH excellent titles and giving excuses to not play one over the other is kinda sad and blind. But that's just my opinion.

Quote:

i also live the playmaker option to run the opposite side (no this is not switchg play option in espn).

What does this mean? If you're trying to say that ESPN doesn't let you change the direction of the run play at the line of scrimmage ala playmaker, then you have NOT played the game.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:02 AM   #50
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:

dano said:
jake, perfect post!

Yep, perfect f****y post...
Old 10-09-2003, 10:04 AM   #51
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
the fatigue system is already the best they don't need to change that at all.

WTF??!!! The Fatigue needs to be alot more apparent on the field and affect gameplay more. Visual Concepts needs to address this, man.

I don't know if I WANT it to be more apparent. WHat do you want them to do man? Slow you down more? I don't know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2003, 10:08 AM   #52
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:

Kanobi said:
As for #24 and the new jukes. You say you disagree now but Madden's run game is very limited comapred to espn's which has ALOT more the moves runner use in rea-life football. You say you diagree now but you will likely be the first to praise the addition of more jukes and running moves next year if EA were to add them.

The stop and go in ESPN is my favorite. I love Madden's spin move though. It's a toss up to which is my favorite "finesse" move. But I won't down THAT road.

Kanobi, you can forget about Madden adding anything ESPN does: a couple of years ago, the president of told the world that they won't copy anything from Sega. Of course we know THAT statement fell off a long time ago with Madden adding getting skinny.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:08 AM   #53
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Kanobi thanks for explanation i now know what you are talking about, as for boilerbuzz keep bashing madden if it makes you feel better!
Old 10-09-2003, 10:15 AM   #54
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:

jake44np said:
Kanobi thanks for explanation i now know what you are talking about, as for boilerbuzz keep bashing madden if it makes you feel better!

Not complimenting = bashing? Hmmmm... Thanks dad. I'm glad I have your permission.

I KNEW one of you would go there. So explain to me exactly where I "bash" Madden...
Old 10-09-2003, 10:24 AM   #55
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree that the zig-zagging is a horrible eye sore for ESPN NFL Football. Despite not keeping Madden, I will still buy it next year. I agree with the post that a lot of ESPN players crave something different. I think that has a lot to do with my disappointment of Madden and preference to ESPN this year -- it's a change of pace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2003, 10:31 AM   #56
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:

brahmagoul said:
I agree that the zig-zagging is a horrible eye sore for ESPN NFL Football. Despite not keeping Madden, I will still buy it next year. I agree with the post that a lot of ESPN players crave something different. I think that has a lot to do with my disappointment of Madden and preference to ESPN this year -- it's a change of pace.

I think that ESPN reflexs it's users too well. The way I play the game, I don't make sudden and violent changes in direction. When I play, the games looks really nice. But I've played some guys that spaz the hell out. I look at the game when they play it and I can definitely see what you are talking about it. But again, the game give you what you want. To it's detriment in some cases, to it's advantage in others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »