Home

IGN on Madden Vita: "Misses the point of the vita"

This is a discussion on IGN on Madden Vita: "Misses the point of the vita" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IGN on Madden Vita: "Misses the point of the vita"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
EA and Microsoft are pretty darn good friends it seems, so that might be the reason as to why the Vita didn't get much love from EA ...

Just a thought
LOL...yeah they were real friendly with MS when it came to the porsche license for forza 4. Are you serious?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
all I know is that they better charge like $25 for the game then, or even $20, heck make it free!!!
Wait i'm lost, did the guy specifically mention no franchise mode or did he say the PS3 version was to crazy for them to add transferable saves this year. If this thing ships with no Franchise its a no buy. And whats even more frustrating is, if we don't buy this half-hearted effort they'll point to it and say "See nobody wanted it for Vita" as opposed to "well our CRAP port sold poorly so lets actually do what we are supposed to do and make a good game". UGH!!!

Fifa can run at 60fps on Vita but not Madden - COME ON EA!

EDIT: Vita does get a Franchise mode.. just non transferable.. I will buy Madden 13 Vita... But if EA screws us next year... I'm done. I promise you that, i'm done PERIOD.

Last edited by Jetpac; 04-26-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

I've FIFA for Vita and the loss of frame rate is sometimes very high that eyes hurts and you lose focus. Hope 30fps will look better fro NFL.

Anyway I think I'll buy Madden for Vita only and not for ps3, it's much more funnier to play sport games on hand held
Old 04-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #20
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
Wait i'm lost, did the guy specifically mention no franchise mode or did he say the PS3 version was to crazy for them to add transferable saves this year. If this thing ships with no Franchise its a no buy. And whats even more frustrating is, if we don't buy this half-hearted effort they'll point to it and say "See nobody wanted it for Vita" as opposed to "well our CRAP port sold poorly so lets actually do what we are supposed to do and make a good game". UGH!!!

Fifa can run at 60fps on Vita but not Madden - COME ON EA!

EDIT: Vita does get a Franchise mode.. just non transferable.. I will buy Madden 13 Vita... But if EA screws us next year... I'm done. I promise you that, i'm done PERIOD.
I was lost reading it too, I came away thinking there is no franchise, can anyone confirm
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 04-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #21
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
The amount of effort probably reflects their expected size of the market by then, even full featured this might only sell a few hundred thousand copies at best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
The amount of effort probably reflects their expected size of the market by then, even full featured this might only sell a few hundred thousand copies at best.

This point would be valid if EA didn't have a track record of being incredibly lazy when it comes to Madden. Madden 07 PS3 ring a bell? This stuff is no excuse. You got the exclusive license USE IT.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #23
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
This point would be valid if EA didn't have a track record of being incredibly lazy when it comes to Madden. Madden 07 PS3 ring a bell? This stuff is no excuse. You got the exclusive license USE IT.
Nothing about what you said makes the likely possibility of a fairly small market for this title just 6 months after Vita was released becoming a reality, influencing development decisions.

I mean I get that you want to blame EA for everything negative in the gaming, but that's not always the case.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Nothing about what you said makes the likely possibility of a fairly small market for this title just 6 months after Vita was released becoming a reality, influencing development decisions.

I mean I get that you want to blame EA for everything negative in the gaming, but that's not always the case.

Try again, EA gets credit where it due. I love FIFA soccer, you'll never hear me complaining about that. I even bought it for my Vita - PC - AND PS3. So you can shove that little rant somewhere else.

I, just like the guy IGN am only speaking what is the truth. EA is being lazy with the Vita. You can apologize for them all you want - its the truth. At some point you have to stop making excuses and start doing your part as a developer.

It seems its easy to say "well this tech is new and the fanbase isn't strong", yea good excuse. But developers with pride in there work ALWAYS want their titles to push the envelope and become system sellers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »