Home

IGN on Madden Vita: "Misses the point of the vita"

This is a discussion on IGN on Madden Vita: "Misses the point of the vita" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2012, 05:36 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: IGN on Madden Vita: "Misses the point of the vita"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I think this is kind of unfair; even though I bash Tiburon a lot. The Show for Vita was built by Sony with Sony's help. EA, or any other developer who didn't have an inside track with Vita's development wouldn't be able to build such a seamless experience. Fifa isn't interchangeable,either. Tiburon needs to get cut some slack in this case, IMO. Even when the PS3 came out, the only games that really knew how to make the console shine were the Sony developed games. But that's really the same with all first party games; Nintendo, MS or Sony. This article is semi-lame. My two cents.....
I agree to an extent Brian, its just Tiburon had a longer development cycle than Fifa. Fifa devs basically said they would have implemented a lot more if they had more time. They also left out the '12 on Fifa as to not confuse people with it console brethren (as they felt they'd had yet to live up to potential). You can read the interview on that at IGN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #42
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

They must be marketing to me. I haven't touched my PS3 since I got the Vita. I am playing MLB The Show exclusively at the moment and I turned to the Vita only before the patch broke the cloud save feature.

I'm a parent to a 2-year-old, and it can be difficult to get him to sleep each night. I'm not going to stay downstairs and force my wife to handle that every night. So the portability of the Vita helps me play the game a little, snuggle with my wife, and tame my son. I love it. Also, I take it to work and play it when there's downtime.

My PS3 is sitting in the corner unplugged collecting dust.

I am by far the minority in this situation, so again I have no clue what EA is doing.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #43
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
They must be marketing to me. I haven't touched my PS3 since I got the Vita. I am playing MLB The Show exclusively at the moment and I turned to the Vita only before the patch broke the cloud save feature.

I'm a parent to a 2-year-old, and it can be difficult to get him to sleep each night. I'm not going to stay downstairs and force my wife to handle that every night. So the portability of the Vita helps me play the game a little, snuggle with my wife, and tame my son. I love it. Also, I take it to work and play it when there's downtime.

My PS3 is sitting in the corner unplugged collecting dust.

I am by far the minority in this situation, so again I have no clue what EA is doing.
Not really, im the same way
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 04-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 21

But for the two of you ^

Have you been playing Madden 12 this past year? Franchise or anything related to it, to which you are going to be ok with playing that all over again for $40.

I have a Vita and yes I've been using it more often..i keep it in my trunk when ever i leave the house so i always have acces to it.....it has been a god send, i never get bored and i'm more patiant waiting for people or don't mind visiting the DMV anymore.

EA Tiburon is taking care of the 360 crowd by taking the time to add Kinect features, I was just expecting them to something as simple as letting PS3 users have the option to continue their franchise on the go...like with what is already possible on the two systems.

Its quite sad because reviewers are always looking for any reason to destroy a game....but this time they'll have a legit reason and I'm sure in every review it will be pointed out that although the Madden "13" for the Vita is being released 8 months after the system's launch.....it is essentially a game that released a year ago. But is being sold for $40. I don't see the game selling well because of this....The main reason i bought a Vita was for Madden, i was never into mobile gaming before this. I hate the fact that might have to wait till Sept 2013 before i get the Madden type game i was looking for on the go.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
But for the two of you ^

Have you been playing Madden 12 this past year? Franchise or anything related to it, to which you are going to be ok with playing that all over again for $40.

I have a Vita and yes I've been using it more often..i keep it in my trunk when ever i leave the house so i always have acces to it.....it has been a god send, i never get bored and i'm more patiant waiting for people or don't mind visiting the DMV anymore.

EA Tiburon is taking care of the 360 crowd by taking the time to add Kinect features, I was just expecting them to something as simple as letting PS3 users have the option to continue their franchise on the go...like with what is already possible on the two systems.

Its quite sad because reviewers are always looking for any reason to destroy a game....but this time they'll have a legit reason and I'm sure in every review it will be pointed out that although the Madden "13" for the Vita is being released 8 months after the system's launch.....it is essentially a game that released a year ago. But is being sold for $40. I don't see the game selling well because of this....The main reason i bought a Vita was for Madden, i was never into mobile gaming before this. I hate the fact that might have to wait till Sept 2013 before i get the Madden type game i was looking for on the go.
I'm basically the same as you. I thought that with the Vita being out for 8 months before hand, plus I'm sure EA was given development kits months prior as well, we would have an awesome Maddden game to play on the go. And I undoubtedly thought that it would have the option to port your franchise. Boy was I let down big time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #46
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

Porting the saves between ps3 and vita is a nice feature, but not the main and only one.

For the first time we'll have a next gen football game on a hand held which we'll be able to play on planes or travels. We'll be able to make a quick online game in an hotel room or similar... and we'll be able to select hot routes with the touch-screen which I think is a very natural way of doing it.

All this is more than worth the $40 asked, I think.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soprano00
Porting the saves between ps3 and vita is a nice feature, but not the main and only one.

For the first time we'll have a next gen football game on a hand held which we'll be able to play on planes or travels. We'll be able to make a quick online game in an hotel room or similar... and we'll be able to select hot routes with the touch-screen which I think is a very natural way of doing it.

All this is more than worth the $40 asked, I think.
Playing a port of Last Years game is never worth $40.00 therefor I disagree. That said, I still will buy it to support the Vita platform, hopefully 14' will have Franchise save transfers.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wonder if EA can actually change this. Is it hard or require any work on their part to implement 13's engine and add the saves?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »