Home

Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

This is a discussion on Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #17
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

You can definitely see some improvement there, regardless of what they are doing to achieve this. This is a good sign, hope we see more during Gameplay 2.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Like I said in the other thread, you would be able to tell yesterday if it is in there or not. The game looks better in a lot of areas. I still don't like the sliding and I am really bummed about no combo pass blocking for the OL because that might mean the DL does not have stunts, which IMO sucks big time because the learning curve and putting together defensive schemes might turn out to be very BASIC like years past.

If they have half and qtr slides that work right MIGHT save it for me.
I agree LBZ it is a shame that they didnt have a complete overhaul of the OL/DL interactions. Equally as important to me was a complete overhaul of the foot planting technology and running animations. Unfortunately, it looks like neither of these are happening with Madden 13.

However, if this passing system works AND they add some sort of Real-Time physics to the game that WORKS. That is enough for me to finally get back into Madden, assuming all these presentation elements are legit and the crowd and on field audio represent a real NFL game.

I do believe that the "MONUMENTAL" game play change will be the addition of a physics engine to this game. They desperately need it, EA knows it and they have it in two EA games already NHL and FIFA.

EDIT: I am really hoping that this "connected careers" is a fully functional on-line franchise as well. They NEED to get this into Madden and I assumed it was a shoe in for this year.

Last edited by ch46647; 04-26-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
My assessment on a small scale implementation of physics was correct

I don't see how you can't see from that video that some form of physics are being calculated.
Me too, both you and I from the time the playbook came out guessed physics.

June 4th baby.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

June 4th baby.
Fix the twitch running and have momentum & weight showing importance with the physics and I truly believe they might be able to save EA football before the new consoles.

The implication of weight mattering affects most things such as defenders mirroring offensive players and changing directions to fast. It would open up the realism by a great margin.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #21
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I didn't notice #54's leg the first time. There is clearly some physics there. Oddities with limbs are a telltale sign. I would say what EA have done is implemented some physics in models involved in collisions outside of the primary tackler and ball carrier.

People pointing to the lack of further evidence - keep in mind that most of the gameplay footage so far is related to passes and catching. They have barely shown any tackle scenarios so far at all beyond one on one stuff between DB and WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #22
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
My assessment on a small scale implementation of physics was correct

I don't see how you can't see from that video that some form of physics are being calculated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

June 4th baby.
Don't I get any credit if this turns out to be true for posting this thread almost a month ago? lol http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-via-fifa.html

I do remember an article where some EA exec was talking about how this new team was not afraid to take risks and given all the issues Ian mentioned with trying physics before, that would be a big risk, I guess. Even though I speculated about it too and it makes sense with EA's tech sharing, I will not let myself completely believe it until it's official.

Besides, I have noticed them seemingly "secretly" add foundations for things into the code but not fully implement it until the next year. So with the advanced teams/ghost teams writing code for next year, I am weary of what could be merely an aberration in this clip but not indicative of the system used in Madden 13.

I am still thinking an upgrade to DPP is the "monumental" change, given the theme and hype around it last year. The main approach to this new team seems to be to build on things every year, so for them not to take the next step on the biggest addition last year, would seem unlikely. DPP 2.0 just seems like the logical choice, imo but hopefully they did both.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #23
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I might be wrong in all this, but I think you're simply seeing different animations play out. In the NCAA webcast, they spoke about doubling the team and being able to record animations withins minutes. This lead to the slew of catching animations that they're touting. This is simply what we're seeing: more animations. Remember the animation where a player would hop backwards with hands extended whenever a player got near his feet, at the end of a play? I think we're just seeing the extension of this. If this, play A animation. If that, play B animation. etc etc etc.

Bugs and glitches? This is a pre-alpha build. That alone should be self-explanatory.

Last edited by Broncos86; 04-26-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I might be wrong in all this, but I think you're simply seeing different animations play out. In the NCAA webcast, they spoke about doubling the team and being able to record animations withins minutes. This lead to the slew of catching animations that they're touting. This is simply what we're seeing: more animations.

Bugs and glitches? This is a pre-alpha build. That alone should be self-explanatory.
Bronco have you even watched the clip. You should know I am one of the biggest EA football critics but to not notice that some form of physic calculation is going on seems odd to me.

Watch the tackling steeler, watch his legs as it plays out. They spread with the physics and then do that "snap" back into place like Fifa physics do. It is also pretty apparent that the legs got hit and kicked them out on top of each other. For sure not a animation of any sort in my opinion.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »