Home

Madden 13: Buy or No Buy

This is a discussion on Madden 13: Buy or No Buy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you getting Madden 13?
Absolutely! 296 53.05%
Not this year! 107 19.18%
Maybe after seeing feedback from those with the game. 132 23.66%
Rent only 23 4.12%
Voters: 558. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #281
Rookie

ravenmad's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 13: Buy or No Buy

This is easily a no-buy for me. I might rent it or check it out at a friends house, but as a person who pretty much only plays offline franchises with multiple users, fantasy drafts and imported draft classes, there really is no reason to buy the game. After at least 12 years of buying the game religiously at or near the launch, I finally don't see a reason to buy Madden anymore. Thanks EA.

On another note, I do like the direction they are going with Connected Careers, but when I can't play the game how I've played for over a decade, how can I justify spending $60 when I can get way more enjoyment from Madden 12? I'm not really upset about it yet because I like what they are doing; but if fantasy drafts, imported draft classes and multiple player offline franchises aren't back for Madden 14, I'm going to be absolutely livid and I will most likely never buy another EA product again. I've defended EA and Madden so much in the past, but it's looking like that exclusive license really needs to end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #282
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmad
This is easily a no-buy for me. I might rent it or check it out at a friends house, but as a person who pretty much only plays offline franchises with multiple users, fantasy drafts and imported draft classes, there really is no reason to buy the game. After at least 12 years of buying the game religiously at or near the launch, I finally don't see a reason to buy Madden anymore. Thanks EA.

On another note, I do like the direction they are going with Connected Careers, but when I can't play the game how I've played for over a decade, how can I justify spending $60 when I can get way more enjoyment from Madden 12? I'm not really upset about it yet because I like what they are doing; but if fantasy drafts, imported draft classes and multiple player offline franchises aren't back for Madden 14, I'm going to be absolutely livid and I will most likely never buy another EA product again. I've defended EA and Madden so much in the past, but it's looking like that exclusive license really needs to end.
Have fun with Madden 12, you would have more fun playing "play now" games over and over in Madden 13 with the Infinity Engine than you would in offline franchise in Madden 12. To each their own though. I for one can't wait to jump into Connected Careers on or offline.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #283
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Have fun with Madden 12, you would have more fun playing "play now" games over and over in Madden 13 with the Infinity Engine than you would in offline franchise in Madden 12. To each their own though. I for one can't wait to jump into Connected Careers on or offline.
You don't know that.

I know I certainly wouldn't.

I don't think it's really good form to tell someone what they would or wouldn't enjoy.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #284
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
And you wonder why people were getting on you?

I mean, if they like the franchise of M12, especially carrying over NCAA prospects into Madden and doing fantasy drafts, they would not get more enjoyment out of M13 playing single games in isolation (i.e. Play Now). That's not even in the same ballpark.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #285
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
you would have more fun playing "play now" games over and over in Madden 13 with the Infinity Engine than you would in offline franchise in Madden 12.
Wow, I can't take a post like that serious.

I play the last Superbowl every year in play now and I never touch it again.

Last edited by 1D4ever; 06-25-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #286
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

OVR: 7

Yep. Toys R Us deal was a big factor, otherwise I would have just waited on the price to drop then checked it out. Haven't really played a Madden game since '07 on PS2.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #287
Rookie

OVR: 13

I can't bring myself to buy a game that has had the same plagued problem with the O-line and D-line hideous interaction that has been in this series and NCAA for this entire generation. So what if passing has been improved if the offensive line can't even perform a good block especially if they are supposed to be good. For instance, a 6'6 360 lb tackle gets pushed away by a 5'11" 180 lb cornerback and call that okay? There are many more examples, but these kind of things shouldn't be overlooked as okay just because of some little changes and fluffed up graphics.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 06-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #288
Rookie

ravenmad's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I can't stand "play now". I don't see a point in playing a game where they aren't going to keep track of stats and add up at the end the season. I refuse to play "play now" with anyone. If you want to play Madden at my house, you have to start a season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »