Home

Madden NFL Creative Director Asks About Future Virtual Twitter Feed Personalities

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Creative Director Asks About Future Virtual Twitter Feed Personalities within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Jim Rome

So I saw Michael Young posted a twitter thread asking "which lesser known personalities would we like to see included in the CC twitter feed in the future? and while he isn't lesser known obviously I would love to see the king of daytime sports talk radio Jim Rome included in the twitter feed in the future.

Although I totally realize this would be hard to do now that he's no longer with ESPN

Would anybody else like to see Van Smack in a future Madden CC twitter feed? do you think it could ever realistically happen?
Old 07-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #50
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Jim Rome

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd
So I saw Michael Young posted a twitter thread asking "which lesser known personalities would we like to see included in the CC twitter feed in the future? and while he isn't lesser known obviously I would love to see the king of daytime sports talk radio Jim Rome included in the twitter feed in the future.

Although I totally realize this would be hard to do now that he's no longer with ESPN

Would anybody else like to see Van Smack in a future Madden CC twitter feed? do you think it could ever realistically happen?
While he is the pinnacle of annoying, it would be nice to see Rome. Especially seeing as we already have "Mr Tim Tebow is everything!"

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Jim Rome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
While he is the pinnacle of annoying, it would be nice to see Rome. Especially seeing as we already have "Mr Tim Tebow is everything!"
And that way David Stern can call in each week and ask him if he still beats his wife?? haha

I would add more players, but I am wondering if there is much back and forth? Like do Kiper and McShay have a twitter "fight"?? Do any of the people tweet each other? It's ashame to hear that only after 3 days, the tweets get repetitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #52
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL Creative Director Asks About Future Virtual Twitter Feed Personalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerForce
When will twitter die???!?
Twitter was valued at $8.4 Billion in December 2011. It is not going anywhere anytime soon, so get used to it.

---

To the topic: beat writers are good. In addition to that: how about Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk as an additional news source? Stephen A. Smith to spar with Skip Bayless? Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay to spar over draft prospects? Trent Dilfer to specifically break down different quarterbacks? Steve_OS, just because?
Old 07-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #53
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL Creative Director Asks About Future Virtual Twitter Feed Personalities

Another cool idea would be if you could tweet at your league's linked Twitter account and then have those tweets show up in the game. That way anyone playing within an online CCM could see communication and trash talk through the game.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #54
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Another cool idea would be if you could tweet at your league's linked Twitter account and then have those tweets show up in the game. That way anyone playing within an online CCM could see communication and trash talk through the game.
This is pretty much why I was saying it probably should have been something connected to the online dynasty website, but as far as in the game, just a means of showing those things via a tap-in menu (but only if you're logged online, of course). It seems they could have done so much more with it in terms of the immersion they speak of compared to having just the disc based algorithim/program.

I mean, as annoying as anyone can be on twitter, imagine your buddies being able to smack talk you and it showing up on your game.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #55

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
This is another clear example to me that my priorities for a football game and theirs are in no way aligned with each other. I'm just now praying that NCAA doesn't get invaded with this type of logic because then I'll have no place left to go.
Boo hoo. It adds immersion to a mode that people wanted immersion in. Yes gameplay is a priority, but if Franchise mode sucks, a lot of people won't play Madden. They go hand in hand
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
This is another clear example to me that my priorities for a football game and theirs are in no way aligned with each other. I'm just now praying that NCAA doesn't get invaded with this type of logic because then I'll have no place left to go.
I hear ya, both both games the same guy is in charge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »