Home

Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #249
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
After being in an nba forum for a little bit I believe it was confirmed the NBA doesn't like players being rated below a 50 maybe one or 2 and if the NFL does the same thing then you were going to have a high end scaling. I'm all for spreading out ratings but only 9/96 QB's are 90 or higher thats not bad not 1/10th of the players are above a 90. I understand wanting to spread out ratings but only JaMarcus Russell should have a rating lower then a 45 he should be the first overall 1
If the ratings were spread out then the overalls would have different meaning than they do now. What you see now as a 45 being abysmal, with spread out ratings would be slightly more acceptable. It would truly show the difference between an elite player and your everyday average player. As of right now you don't need Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson to have a good passing attack all you need is a slot reciever with decent speed.

Last edited by speedy9386; 08-01-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #250
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Homer but I don't think Stafford is better then Ryan. Ryan's has had consistent seasons as a very good QB. His only knock is he hasn't won a playoff game, which Stafford hasn't either.
Even though you are a homer you and this thread and NFL analyst prove my point there is no Top 10 list that everyone agrees with even being unbiased people won't agree with the Top 10 so you are going to see ratings closely bunched and I don't mind that really yea I want individuals but the players that start are suppose to be and I use the term "Suppose" loosely the best QB's in the game.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #251
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Homer but I don't think Stafford is better then Ryan. Ryan's has had consistent seasons as a very good QB. His only knock is he hasn't won a playoff game, which Stafford hasn't either.
Matt Ryan's deep ball, or lack of it, is probably the only thing holding him back from being above 90.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #252
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Did Lee Evans inabillity to hold on to the ball in the end zone in the final minute of the AFCCG mean that Flacco "choked"? See how silly that sounds?

It is possible for a team to lose a game without it being the QB's fault.

Romo was one of the very few Cowboys who didn't embarass himself in the season ending loss @ NY (29-37 289 yds 2 tds 1 int). This despite having no running game (46 yds) and having to run for his life all game long as the NYG pass rushers overwhelmed the pathetic Cowboy o-line. The reason Dallas lost was because the D completely failed to show up, allowing Eli to go 24 of 33 for 346 3 tds - 0 int (NY also tacked on 106 yds and a td on the ground).

Dallas trailed 21-0 at the half; Romo rallied them to 2 scores to make it 21-14 with 10 minutes remaining, only to watch the Giants march 75 yds for a fg with 5:50 to go that effectively put the game out of reach. NY would score another td after to make the final 31-14.

Romo, as he had all season, played his heart out. Dallas lost because the team as a whole just wasn't good enough.
"It is possible for a team to lose a game without it being the QB's fault"

Well you have a point, and I'll concede you win the argument.

I was just hoping we get enough arguments that EA would patch in the ability to edit ratings. As you can see EA, everyone has a different opinion on who should have the ratings and this is why you should have never took out the ability to Edit Ratings, let the Users decide if they want to move ratings up and down, not this voting thing.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #253
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by btemp
Sigh.

Rather than arguing about a 3 point spread which has NO IMPACT IN GAME, why don't we talk about how ratings are clustered in a 15 point range which makes them near meaningless?

In real life, having Brady over Freeman makes a huge difference. In Madden, because there point totals are so close I am just as capable as winning it all with Freeman as Brady.

This is the problem, not Romo being a 93 or 89.
Right. Now the only sports games I still play are Madden, NBA2K and NFL 2K games that have ratings and in those 2K games ratings are extremely spread out and seriously give players their unique skill sets. In Madden they try so hard to make sure players get their overalls high enough they end up giving players the same feel. Plus as you mentioned that ends up also making so many players similar.

One of the worst examples of this comes from the CB position to me. Almost any CB can play like Charles Woodson since his ratings aren't too much different from a guy like Winfield who plays the position well, but not the way Woodson does.

In NFL2K, they weren't afraid to had out 50 overalls, and that wouldn't even mean the play is complete trash some times, but his weaknesses are just very weak but may have a strength or two you can still use. You just don't get that with Madden due to various issues but ratings is a part of that.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #254
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
14 completions of 20 yards or more on the season aren't going to cut it in the NFL. Matt Ryan has more than just lack of playoff success to overcome, he's got a bit of an issue dumping it off.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #255
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
14 completions of 20 yards or more on the season aren't going to cut it in the NFL. Matt Ryan has more than just lack of playoff success to overcome, he's got a bit of an issue dumping it off.
95tds 46ints 88qb for a career. Looks like he's doing pretty well in the NFL. Sure he needs to go deep more but to say it isn't cutting it is simply false.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 01:25 AM   #256
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
95tds 46ints 88qb for a career. Looks like he's doing pretty well in the NFL. Sure he needs to go deep more but to say it isn't cutting it is simply false.
He's been "good" but a little too safe for me, I'd take...

1. Rodgers
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Peyton
5. Romo
6. Stafford
7. Roethlisberger
8. Cutler
9. Newton

Over him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »