Home

Development trait

This is a discussion on Development trait within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Development trait

Sorry If this has been asked , but where do you find a players development trait in CC ?? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Development trait

There are two ways. When scouting a player for the draft it will give you a number 0-3 for 5000 XP if you scout the development trait.

0=Slow
1=Normal
2=Quick
3=Superstar

-----------------------------------
If it's a player already on your roster, go to 'progress player' just like to normally would to give them their XP point to improve them.

Once you've clicked on a player to give them their XP and the screen opens with your options (EX: Catch in Traffic 2500, Current 84, Future 85) Scroll all the way to the bottom.

It will have an option to improve development trait for 50,000 XP. On the right it will show you their current rating, and then what it would be if you purchased the upgrade. Obviously the current rating is what their development is now, that is how you determine their rating. It will give you the actual word, and not a number like during draft scouting. (IE: Current "Normal", After Purchase "Quick").

I should also note, that if you scroll down and "Development Trait" doesnt show, that mean they are a "Superstar" Dev Trait so obviously it cant be improved. You will find that with RG3, Luck, etc.

Also, there is no way to find out the Dev trait for a guy on another team. He has to be on your team.

Make Sense??
Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Perfect sense , thanks !!!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
There are two ways. When scouting a player for the draft it will give you a number 0-3 for 5000 XP if you scout the development trait.

0=Slow
1=Normal
2=Quick
3=Superstar

If it's a player already on your roster, go to 'progress player' just like to normally would to give them their XP point to improve them.

Once you've clicked on a player to give them their XP and the screen opens with your options (EX: Catch in Traffic 2500, Current 84, Future 85) Scroll all the way to the bottom.

It will have an option to improve development trait for 50,000 XP. On the right it will show you their current rating, and then what it would be if you purchased the upgrade. Obviously the current rating is what their development is now, that is how you determine their rating. It will give you the actual word, and not a number like during draft scouting. (IE: Current "Normal", After Purchase "Quick").

I should also note, that if you scroll down and "Development Trait" doesnt show, that mean they are a "Superstar" Dev Trait so obviously it cant be improved. You will find that with RG3, Luck, etc.

Also, there is no way to find out the Dev trait for a guy on another team. He has to be on your team.

Make Sense??
This is excellent information. Thank you.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:47 AM   #5
Rookie

jg8809's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89

0=Slow
1=Normal
2=Quick
3=Superstar

Make Sense??
Thanks for this, I've been googling and googling and searching for a half decent explanation for this!

One question I do have as I did originally suspect this how it works. Are any players quick by default with only one step to superstar? I have only really ever found players either without the development upgrade (Superstar) or slow>normal, normal > quick. Never have I seen a quick>superstar.

I have only played with the Ravens so it may just be they have no quick players, just superstar or normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg8809
Thanks for this, I've been googling and googling and searching for a half decent explanation for this!

One question I do have as I did originally suspect this how it works. Are any players quick by default with only one step to superstar? I have only really ever found players either without the development upgrade (Superstar) or slow>normal, normal > quick. Never have I seen a quick>superstar.

I have only played with the Ravens so it may just be they have no quick players, just superstar or normal.
Yes there are quite a number of players with quick development, more than that have superstar (at least on my Chargers). For example on my Chargers, before any upgrades, Rivers, Gates, Ingram and Vincent Brown all have quick development traits.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-analysis.html

Read that post very helpful .
Old 09-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

5,000 XP to find out development trait for scouting is wayyy too much
there's gotta be a secret

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »