Home

Whatever happened to enjoying games

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to enjoying games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #145
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Whatever happened to enjoying games

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
There isn't a guarantee but from what I seen from APF 2k8 it stills plays alot better then madden imo. On top of that 2k without a exclusive license has manage to produce the greatest basketball sim ever in 2k11 and top it off with another great game in 2k12. IMO no matter how you put based off past products 2k knows how to make sim sport games and damn sure knows how to make great football games. It what gets lose in all of this is without an exclusive license not just madden and 2k i'm pretty sure other companies will jump on making a football game. Imagine NFL the Show or NFL fever just have more to choose from imo.
Understand, but it isn't all about 2k, either.

FIFA and NHL make sim related products on the EA side and they once had a game named MVP Baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 03:10 AM   #146
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
There isn't a guarantee but from what I seen from APF 2k8 it stills plays alot better then madden imo. On top of that 2k without a exclusive license has manage to produce the greatest basketball sim ever in 2k11 and top it off with another great game in 2k12. IMO no matter how you put based off past products 2k knows how to make sim sport games and damn sure knows how to make great football games. It what gets lose in all of this is without an exclusive license not just madden and 2k i'm pretty sure other companies will jump on making a football game. Imagine NFL the Show or NFL fever just have more to choose from imo.
sony had an nfl game and it was bad(Gameday). most of the devs for 2k football are not with the company any more. and i doubt many other companies would jump in seeing as even with a "worse" and more expensive product Madden still had a 70 percent market share back when 2k5 released.

Madden's moat(the madden brand) is just too hard to cross and become competitive against. 2k and sony both tried and they both failed. Madden is ingrained in sports gaming society and it isn't being topped any time soon(even if the exclusive deal ends).
Old 08-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #147
Rookie

sictransitchris's Arena

OVR: 0

We complain because we care.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #148
Banned

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001

Madden's moat(the madden brand) is just too hard to cross and become competitive against. 2k and sony both tried and they both failed. Madden is ingrained in sports gaming society and it isn't being topped any time soon(even if the exclusive deal ends).
actually, contrary to what some uninformed say around here, nfl2k5 sold over 2 million copies in 2004. Sorry, but that's a lot at that time, especially since madden had a 12 year head start. Given the opportunity to continue on, market share may or may not have shifted. It would have depended on what EA did to improve Madden and whether 2k would have continued their progression. Regardless, both companies were making good profit from the games and consumers were left with options to suit their tastes. I have to agree with franchise, I would never be in a madden forum if I had another option. I never was until the exclusive happened. Why would you complain about something you're not interested in? I know I can speak for a few guys when I say that many of us voice our opinion on nfl gaming here because that's something we are still interested in, but madden is the only game.

Not to insinuate I WANT this to happen, but it would be interesting to see what the guys who complain about "complainers" would say if something should happen to EA football. It's easy to tell someone to stop complaining when YOUR game of choice isn't the one that was taken away.

Of course there is also this element - if madden was a better game than what I had before and reached its potential on these consoles even remotely, I wouldn't be here "complaining" either, I'd be too busy playing it. Unlike some others, I don't really have any ill will towards EA. I put them in the same bin as any other business - if your product offers me the best quality for the money, you get my business. It's really that simple.

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 08-20-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #149
Banned

In general it does no good to complain, unless the company has somehow wronged you personally in which case most companies will at least aknowledge it and often make amends. Other than that, its just self service make yourself feel better by having a whinge mode.

If theres only one option out there MOST people see the logic in either buying in or going home and not worrying too much about it. Video games are luxury goods, having one option for anything that is a luxury good is not really a problem, much less something worth complaining about.

Its like complaining that there is only one chocolate company in town, and you dont like that option and dont feel its fair. Most people will tell you to bake some brownies and move on. Those are the breaks.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #150
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
actually, contrary to what some uninformed say around here, nfl2k5 sold over 2 million copies in 2004. Sorry, but that's a lot at that time, especially since madden had a 12 year head start. Given the opportunity to continue on, market share may or may not have shifted. It would have depended on what EA did to improve Madden and whether 2k would have continued their progression. Regardless, both companies were making good profit from the games and consumers were left with options to suit their tastes. I have to agree with franchise, I would never be in a madden forum if I had another option. I never was until the exclusive happened. Why would you complain about something you're not interested in? I know I can speak for a few guys when I say that many of us voice our opinion on nfl gaming here because that's something we are still interested in, but madden is the only game.

Not to insinuate I WANT this to happen, but it would be interesting to see what the guys who complain about "complainers" would say if something should happen to EA football. It's easy to tell someone to stop complaining when YOUR game of choice isn't the one that was taken away.

Of course there is also this element - if madden was a better game than what I had before and reached its potential on these consoles even remotely, I wouldn't be here "complaining" either, I'd be too busy playing it. Unlike some others, I don't really have any ill will towards EA. I put them in the same bin as any other business - if your product offers me the best quality for the money, you get my business. It's really that simple.
Taz,

The only thing I disagree with is that even in the good to great games forums, you will still notice complaining, I noticed a lot for nba 2k12.

To me, that shows there is such a wide audience, you can't please everyone.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #151
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFacedOLB
In general it does no good to complain, unless the company has somehow wronged you personally in which case most companies will at least aknowledge it and often make amends. Other than that, its just self service make yourself feel better by having a whinge mode.

If theres only one option out there MOST people see the logic in either buying in or going home and not worrying too much about it. Video games are luxury goods, having one option for anything that is a luxury good is not really a problem, much less something worth complaining about.

Its like complaining that there is only one chocolate company in town, and you dont like that option and dont feel its fair. Most people will tell you to bake some brownies and move on. Those are the breaks.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion but if this is your POV about complainers, then I would think it holds true for those complaining about the complainers too, lol.

That's what's so funny to me when I read people say "its just a video game", "it's not that serious", stop complaining", as if them expressing their opinion on the opinion of others, about the same topic is different somehow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #152
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Of course you are entitled to your opinion but if this is your POV about complainers, then I would think it holds true for those complaining about the complainers too, lol.

That's what's so funny to me when I read people say "its just a video game", "it's not that serious", stop complaining", as if them expressing their opinion on the opinion of others, about the same topic is different somehow.
In general, I just shake my head at complainers. I deal with it at my job where I have to actually interact with them and engage their complaints, so when Im kicking back I usually choose to abstain from it, because quite frankly, it gets old dealing with it. When I see people embarrass themselves in person by complaining over petty things, I generally handle it the same way as well. Because this person is already creating a scene and being obnoxious about something trivial, like at a gas station for example barking at the Indian guy who didnt go fast enough for their liking or whatever. Why would I want to get myself involved when all I want is a pack of gum?

That said, when you behave like that, not saying anyone does but when someone does, they are pretty much opening yourself up to whatever comments happen to come. What you call "complaining about complainers" I call I dunno, maybe its karma. Negative energy breeds negative energy.

If you focus on positive things you'll generally recieve positive things. This isnt the mystical secret mumbo jumbo people try to make it out to be, its an actual working philosophy. Silly to apply to something as trivial as this, but its like kung fu, it can be applied to anything really.

If you spend a lot of energy complaining about something, its not going to net you anything good, I can promise you. What other people say about it is just the tiniest manifestation of that. Its bound to come, but probably the least of your worries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »