Home

This is where to go to get legacy issues in Madden fixed guys

This is a discussion on This is where to go to get legacy issues in Madden fixed guys within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: This is where to go to get legacy issues in Madden fixed guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Wh-I'm not talking about moaning or groaning. I'm not saying they should complain. I said they seem to be fine with what EA gave them because some of the main, core legacy issues are not the most popular ones voted. It's just an interpretation that may or may not be wrong IMO.
That's exactly my point, the core legacy issues aren't the most popular ones voted because the people who care most about them aren't voting.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #10
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I think it would be awesome if throughout the year OS had like a weekly GameChangers thing where it goes in depth on one of the ideas and gives some of them more attention.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's because it's an ideas thread not a moan and groan thread. Just because people don't complain as much on there doesn't mean they find no fault in what EA has done.
Power comes with numbers. The more the hardcore community agrees on an idea for a feature set, the more likely it gets implemented into future titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I asked this back in the Infinity engine thread, since the EAGCs run this site or at least hopefully have some input on it, is there anyway to get these "votes" more categorized. I don't think voting for the priority of which legacy game play fix, should be lumped in with wishlists, presentation elements, etc.

If there could somehow be a separation of ideas, I think that would be far more organized, as well as make sure that EA/Tiburon understands there is a distinction. I cringe at the idea of seeing the current top 3-5 from that vote implemented in M14 and being used as some excuse for why far more fundamental issues got passed over again. Then have some say, "EA/Tiburon gave us want we asked for".

So to any EAGC or all of you, is there anyway to better categorize the idea vote into separate sections. Preferably something like Gameplay, Online, Presentation, CCM, User options and Misc wishlist but at least a separate section from the current idea vote for legacy issue fixes.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

It's a lot easier for the devs to justify a game decision when it comes from an EA sanctioned site then if it came from a 3rd party website like OS. Also, it consolidates it down and like others have said it gets rid of the moan and groan, knee-jerk reactions from fans. I like it, it's a nice streamlined site to get your ideas out there and have them voted on.

I'll put it in my sig as well.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Hopefully they work to consolidate some of these. I've voted a lot over there and will continue to do so, but there are several suggestions about penalties that could be combined, for example. Same for editing, custom rosters, etc. Some of them would be much closer to the top if they weren't so scattered.

And while I'm all for the voting, I would hope that the developers can see that the lack of weight to running is an issue without it needing to receive enough votes to beat out improved sidelines (currently in the top 5 in votes).

Basically, I hope a little common sense is applied when it comes to evaluating the results from the site.
Wow. I thought the exact same thing when choosing what I was voting for. I actually voted "No" on sidelines haha C'mon lets take care of the trenches, footplanting/weight distribution and refine the Infinity Engine before we get to "dog piles"...btw bully for you JP to bring this to peoples attention. Awesome find!

Last edited by Humdinger80; 08-23-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 28

Unreal, so now we need to vote to get the actual football in a football game? The land of Tiburon must be an amazing place to live...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #16
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Unreal, so now we need to vote to get the actual football in a football game? The land of Tiburon must be an amazing place to live...
C'mon man, what are you looking at it like that for. It's not like the votes are set in stone. The voting is there to create attention and see what the fan base is passionate about without needing a bunch of cry baby threads. The votes help draw attention but I'm sure they look at every suggestion mentioned. If, for example, they see line play with 1000 votes and new Revo helmets with 100 they'll work on line play first and then try and tackle the Revos.

These are FAN created suggestions your voting on. EA has no hand in the cookie jar on that site. If you want to create a suggestion to be voted on, you can do it. EA doesn't create the suggestions and then ask you to vote on it. It's basically a fancy feedback site.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »