Home

player edit loophole?

This is a discussion on player edit loophole? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #105
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Re: player edit loophole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
^ So basically because it wouldn't work for people to edit players online, those of us who play offline suffer as a result... Great.
Basically, but at least it forces a whole new mindset to approaching either keeping the one code...or it may force them to make two codes to appease everyone. One thing's for certain, that like I predicted, people are coming to the forums in droves and are very upset that editing is missing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 10

Sucks offline has to suffer for online but oh well
Old 08-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #107
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA can do it, madden should be able to. And like everyone said, offline shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #108
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Basically, but at least it forces a whole new mindset to approaching either keeping the one code...or it may force them to make two codes to appease everyone. One thing's for certain, that like I predicted, people are coming to the forums in droves and are very upset that editing is missing.
In order to shut us up all they have to do is unlock the offline portion, it has to be a separate mode in and of itself anyway. Unlock the offline, turn off the xp if you have to with a warning that the cpu will handle progression (no one is gonna convince me offline editing effects online in anyway), and work on fixing it for online. Cut off ratings editing for online, or nerf the ratings to default server side with the exception that create a player be left to offline because of keeping the game rated E for everyone. Problem solved. Madden has always had server issues due to game code though... it was that way in 09 and 10. I make it sound simplistic I know, and I don't even pretend to know how hard it is to code. My gut just calls shenanigans.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #109
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I hope you're right. I get the feeling they could have made editing an option for offline players, but then online players would have complained about it not being fair so they just dropped it all-together.

I understand that editing won't work in an online multi-user CCM, but in my offline CCM I only play by myself. I'm not cheating the game or hurting anyone if I want to edit Peyton Hillis to the fullback position.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #110
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I have never played a game of Madden online.

I only play offline franchise mode (CCM). It really blows that I can't edit #s, equipment, and names. It REALLY blows.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #111
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I just finally saw the light revealed to us and thanked dude, too. The post is below....

ME - "Amazing. Many of us have wanted a more detailed reason why since back in late May...and this is the first time anyone has given such an answer. The issue is decidedly per online, but with offline/online forged from the same base code, this completely makes sense it has to be a "global" fix. Thank you for finally being the one to reveal this."
That really doesn't explain much though, imo. I am not all that personally upset over the lack of edits because I hardly ever used them but still with the fact that CCM has an offline AND online option, I don't get that logic. I know CR has stated it's about the UI needing to be created but like Bucky60 and others have stated in reply, that UI already exists for Play Now games.

It's seems more and more like the reason this stuff isn't in may be because it was just an oversight. I guess people can't come out and say, "we forgot about it" so they say the PC stuff so everyone feels considered. The fact is, sometimes everyone is not considered and that's not right or fair but it happens. I could see the designers getting "tunnel vision" and just being so focused on what they wanted to accomplish, they simply forgot the offline player POV. I am not condemning them for it, I am just saying it's possible that stuff like this happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #112
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That really doesn't explain much though, imo. I am not all that personally upset over the lack of edits because I hardly ever used them but still with the fact that CCM has an offline AND online option, I don't get that logic. I know CR has stated it's about the UI needing to be created but like Bucky60 and others have stated in reply, that UI already exists for Play Now games.

It's seems more and more like the reason this stuff isn't in may be because it was just an oversight. I guess people can't come out and say, "we forgot about it" so they say the PC stuff so everyone feels considered. The fact is, sometimes everyone is not considered and that's not right or fair but it happens. I could see the designers getting "tunnel vision" and just being so focused on what they wanted to accomplish, they simply forgot the offline player POV. I am not condemning them for it, I am just saying it's possible that stuff like this happens.
I was just informed that no editing even exists in Play Now Mode. I hope that's ignorance and wrong, but that's what I was told. My reply was that I hope whoever wrote the manual gets a mulligan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »