Home

Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Gameplay (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Gameplay (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Gameplay (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesubmittedone
This game is disappointing to me solely because it has the potential to be really fun, but it's ruined because it's impossible to play defense. I just played a game where Ryan Tannehill completed like 90% of his passes against me, even when I called plays and was specifically covering the TEs/routes he wanted to go to. And he just did it over and over and over. It's waaaaay too easy to pass. Zone coverage is practically broken. Ugh. Man coverage is too easy to beat once the WRs get within their routes and the blitz never gets to the QB in time before they do.

I don't know, it's sad. It just needs better defense right now and there is a lot of fun to be had here.
This is right on!
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #402
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
I rarely post my impressions, but I figured since I'm frustrated, I might as well.

(FWIW ...Having young kids and playing OC on NCAA has turned me into an offense-only player in football games. It's fun and saves me a ton of time so I can actually complete a season.)

So this year I'm playing offline CCM and trying to find a happy medium between playing as a running or passing team, but it playing O is too easy. I played as the Raiders on All-Madden and ran for over 200 yds with McFadden. Then I tried jay's sliders, then while it made running a little tougher, I again ran for over 200 yds two straight games (All with 25 or less carries). i can get to the outside, no problem, then if go inside and usually break one or two long ones every game.

Then I thought, heck, let's play as the Colts. The passing game can't be this easy, at least they have a poor run-game. Then I end up passing for over 400 yds with ease. Every game. While it's fun, it's kinda lame to be in a shoot out every game. I throw a good number of picks (1-3 a game), but every drive I'm not throwing a pick, I'm scoring with ease, most often on a short to intermediate pass that turns into a long gain. Deep passing has been tough.

I'm NOT an expert Madden gamer. I get the game every year and play offline franchise, then get better & better at it, usually experimenting with different offenses. But I'm no expert.

Since I don't have time to read through the entire thread, is anyone else having the same issue?
I am having the same issue.
I have this feeling that the outcome of every game is predetermined. The most frustrating thing is that the auto-comeback feature works for CPU, and for human. Nearly every game is less than a ten point game no matter what happens in the game. Get up by more than ten, and the CPU's QB will mysteriously complete 14 passes in a row. Get behind by 7, and all of a sudden your QB becomes unstoppable. No amount of slider-manipulation seems to cure this.
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #403
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
I dont own NCAA. I went back and played the demo though. I'd have to agree it just seemed to play a better game of football. I had a good game right out of the box which I lost 20-17. The cpu couldnt run though. Not sure if this was a difficulty thing. I don't see anywhere in the demo to set the difficulty? NCAA's physics also aren't as over the top as madden. It definately seems to have some real physics though. I'd like to go out and get NCAA but I feel like i'd just be giving EA more money and compounding the issue.

Between messing with sliders in Madden and dealing with lag online I've pretty much had it with MAdden at this point. I buy this game every year. The past couple I've managed to hold off but this year I fell into the trap.

This game just should not have been released this way. You'd think someone who worked in that office would have some balls and say this isn't right. But they don't care. For people who are supposedly passionate about making games they really don't show it. I get tired of these devs that get all upset like I insulted their life's labor. IF they really cared they wouldn't release a product like this.

You need to get NCAA 13. It's Madden threapy

In all seriousness the games are 180 from each other.

One is a hot mess while the other is a title that has hit it's stride on this gen and is the pinnacle of the series IMO. It plays smooth, solid, fun and unpredictable football. Dynasty mode rocks.

Is it perfect? Oh heck no. You can't call 4 verticals or you crush the CPU...but other than that the game is an immersive, fun experience.

I am going to give Madden 13 more time to get it's act together. A couple of patches and tuners should hopefully solve a lot of offline bugs.

Intentions were grand.....execution on the other hand.....

Meantime I am going to try out a CCM offline playing as a QB.

I am done giving the intial impressions....I will report back after the first patch.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-05-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #404
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
I don't see it as a problem. Its not as if every QB I play against only throws 11 passes; it's just that the Redskins were going with a ground and pound, and having a lot of success running. I'll post the game I played an hour ago to show the variety.
Detroit Lions at Carolina Panthers
Sep 5, 20121234F
DET ()1430320
CAR ()0147728
Top Performers
PASS: Matt Stafford - 27 Completions, 317 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT
RUSH: DeAngelo Williams - 18 Carries, 91 yards, 5.0 avg, 1 TD
REC: Calvin Johnson - 6 Receptions, 107 yards, 17.8 avg, 1 TD
Team Stats Comparison
DETCAR
First Downs2013
3rd Down Efficiency3-95-10
4th Down Efficiency0-20-0
Total Yards496384
Passing Yards284210
Rushing Yards6492
Penalties-Penalty Yards0-01-1
Turnovers32
Time of Possession26:2221:38
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGDETCAR
9:21(DET) K. Smith, 8yd TD pass from Stafford70
3:17(DET) C. Johnson, 13yd TD pass from Stafford140
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGDETCAR
10:03(DET) J. Hanson, 29yd FG170
6:11(CAR) S. Smith, 16yd TD pass from Newton177
0:12(CAR) G. Olsen, 41yd TD pass from Newton1714
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGDETCAR
4:55(CAR) D. Williams, 1yd TD run1721
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGDETCAR
11:12(CAR) S. Smith, 12yd TD pass from Newton1728
5:09(DET) J. Hanson, 33yd FG2028
Detroit Lions
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Stafford27/3931723
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
K. Smith16704.3
N. Burleson133.0
M. Stafford1-9-9.0
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
C. Johnson610717.81
K. Smith9798.71
B. Pettigrew3299.6
R. Broyles3289.3
N. Burleson24120.5
T. Scheffler22110.5
T. Young2126.0
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
D. Levy7
S. Tulloch6
A. Smith41
N. Suh4
J. Durant4
L. Delmas4
KICKINGFGXPPTSLG
J. Hanson2/22/233
PUNTINGTOTYDSAVG-20
R. Donahue28040.0
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
S. Logan513226.4
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
S. Logan3165.3
Carolina Panthers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Newton18/2721031
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D. Williams18915.01
J. Stewart252.5
M. Tolbert351.6
C. Newton4-9-2.2
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
S. Smith668211.3
G. Olsen474118.5
B. LaFell5448.8
L. Murphy11313.0
J. Stewart199.0
M. Tolbert122.0
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
C. Godfrey8
S. Martin6
D. Butler51
G. Hardy51
J. Anderson41
C. Munnerlyn41
E. Norwood111
KICKINGFGXPPTSLG
O. Mare0/04/4
PUNTINGTOTYDSAVG-20
B. Nortman522344.61
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
K. Pilares46416.0
A. Edwards11313.0
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Adams155.0
Old 09-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #405
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
You need to get NCAA 13. It's Madden threapy

In all seriousness the games are 180 from each other.

One is a hot mess while the other is a title that has hit it's stride on this gen and is the pinnacle of the series IMO. It plays smooth, solid, fun and unpredictable football. Dynasty mode rocks.

Is it perfect? Oh heck no. You can't call 4 verticals or you crush the CPU...but other than that the game is an immersive, fun experience.

I am going to give Madden 13 more time to get it's act together. A couple of patches and tuners should hopefully solve a lot of offline bugs.

Intentions were grand.....execution on the other hand.....

Meantime I am going to try out a CCM offline playing as a QB.

I am done giving the intial impressions....I will report back after the first patch.
It seems kind of silly to spend another $60 just to get a game that works correctly. Thing is I played madden on default settings and it was basically the same. No cpu running game Had a good game though on default settings. The problem with madden is that it is unfinished. The cpu end game logic is ridiculous. coverages do not work properly. The cpu pounds the ball mindlessly. lineplay is terrible. The IE is a mixed bag. Turning the game up to all madden just makes it a cheesefest. Plus replays don't look nearly as good as NCAA. The game just doesn't flow as well. I actualyl see plays in NCAA where it's like yep that is what would have happened. In madden there are too many moments where I'm having to convince myself.

I wish I could mess with sliders in the ncaa demo. I'd just play that until they fix madden. I tend to think NCAA has its own quirks but only so much I can tell from a demo with no difficulty slider.

In the meantime I'm here just hoping EA fixes this stuff.

Last edited by celtics6; 09-05-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #406
MVP

I traded for another linebacker and now have two linebackers with the same jersey number! There is nothing I can do since editing is completely removed, can't even edit jersey numbers.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #407
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
It seems kind of silly to spend another $60 just to get a game that works correctly. Thing is I played madden on default settings and it was basically the same. No cpu running game Had a good game though on default settings. The problem with madden is that it is unfinished. The cpu end game logic is ridiculous. coverages do not work properly. The cpu pounds the ball mindlessly. lineplay is terrible. The IE is a mixed bag. Turning the game up to all madden just makes it a cheesefest. Plus replays don't look nearly as good as NCAA. The game just doesn't flow as well. I actualyl see plays in NCAA where it's like yep that is what would have happened. In madden there are too many moments where I'm having to convince myself.

I wish I could mess with sliders in the ncaa demo. I'd just play that until they fix madden. I tend to think NCAA has its own quirks but only so much I can tell from a demo with no difficulty slider.

In the meantime I'm here just hoping EA fixes this stuff.

If you look hard enough you can find it for far less than 60 bucks. Heck I bought it new for 44.99.

Or wait till christmas and it will drop to 29.99. I thought I saw a thread in the NCAA 13 forum about someone finding it for 30 bucks. Well worth it....well worth 40 bucks. The replay value is huge.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #408
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
If you look hard enough you can find it for far less than 60 bucks. Heck I bought it new for 44.99.

Or wait till christmas and it will drop to 29.99. I thought I saw a thread in the NCAA 13 forum about someone finding it for 30 bucks. Well worth it....well worth 40 bucks. The replay value is huge.
Speaking of NCAA though am I the only person who thinks they captured tackling really well? Watching the replays as much as IE was hyped up I think NCAA's tackling looks better. I think NCAA captures those moments better or something. They do a really good job with how lineman interact as well. It's doing the things madden should do but doesn't.

The tackling system and how players run is done really well in ncaa. Coverages as well. I love the replays.

Madden is an overhyped pile of poo and I'm stuck with it again.

Last edited by celtics6; 09-05-2012 at 06:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »