Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #105
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comen
Well said, brilliant, and way to speak the truth! Not sure who really cares about the truth on here? I pray for a great game every year but am utterly dissapointed, year after year! I guess I just expect too much?? But it does make me laugh when they say this is the best madden yet, because they say it every year, lol. Even if the game was worse then the year b4, they would still say it was the best ever! Its just about making the big bucks, I think they could care less!! Most of the people that write reviews are bias or get incentives for their high score review! Im not a basher either, I just want more from a nfl football video game! I still play madden everyday but its on my ps2, madden 06!
Maybe OS was biased last year with a 7.5.

Last year they were praised, this year they are full of it.

All in all, it's just one person's opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
One thing I think I disagree with is it being the best Madden ever. On this gen, yes. But I think Madden 05 takes the crown for best ever.
Ya I like 05 n 06 ps2!! Im sure when I say there will never be a great nfl video game until competition comes back! Its like being crowned the heavyweight champion of the world without ever fighting anyone!!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 3
I've only played the demo as the retail hasnt come out here yet but from what i've played I'd give it a 6.5
I think the stupidest mantra i've heard from EA is the " no two plays will ever look or feel the same"
Well i've seen many plays that are literally identical because there is still a surprisingly limited amount of animations EA use and i've seen dreaded ones i've always hated from previous maddens show up in this one more frequently than not - like that horrible wrap up waist tackle that takes seconds to get them to the ground.

Football begins in the trenches and the fact that we're 7 years on the new gen and it doesnt feel authentic is a joke.

Another big thing that I'm still yet to see mentioned is impact and momentum...I mean, when Im sprinting 40 yards down field on a kickoff and then collide into a blocker I feel absolutely nothing. There is no impact whatsoever unless it triggers a pancake animation. Cmon, how many times to people collide a full speed only to have the blocker gently put his arms on the gunner and they all of a sudden become motionless. I wanna see heads fly back, arms flail upwards from colliding and momentum carrying me towards the ball carrier based on the angle I collided with the blocker and my weight/power/speed. This should happen to blitzers smashing into lineman but instead you just get stopped gently and then have to animation your way out of the block. All Pro football 2k8 is the only game that captured leverage off the line, so much so that a nose tackle can travel 4, 5 yards whilst still engaged in a block and then sack the qb - brilliant.

This still just doesn't feel like football, it feels more like a chess game with football players as the pieces.
Madden does not capture the violence and impact of this game and I understand why people rate this high, most of the time it's because we don't have that outside reference point to grade it against because this is what EA has given us every year. I'm glad the engine has been upgraded but I think it will be a few more years until I think its worthy of a rating higher than 7.
Peace.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #108
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
The AI is not a worthy opponent whatsoever in CCM. The game plays completely different than Play Now.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:28 AM   #109
Pro

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanSteelerFromAus
I've only played the demo as the retail hasnt come out here yet but from what i've played I'd give it a 6.5
I think the stupidest mantra i've heard from EA is the " no two plays will ever look or feel the same"
Well i've seen many plays that are literally identical because there is still a surprisingly limited amount of animations EA use and i've seen dreaded ones i've always hated from previous maddens show up in this one more frequently than not - like that horrible wrap up waist tackle that takes seconds to get them to the ground.

Football begins in the trenches and the fact that we're 7 years on the new gen and it doesnt feel authentic is a joke.

Another big thing that I'm still yet to see mentioned is impact and momentum...I mean, when Im sprinting 40 yards down field on a kickoff and then collide into a blocker I feel absolutely nothing. There is no impact whatsoever unless it triggers a pancake animation. Cmon, how many times to people collide a full speed only to have the blocker gently put his arms on the gunner and they all of a sudden become motionless. I wanna see heads fly back, arms flail upwards from colliding and momentum carrying me towards the ball carrier based on the angle I collided with the blocker and my weight/power/speed. This should happen to blitzers smashing into lineman but instead you just get stopped gently and then have to animation your way out of the block. All Pro football 2k8 is the only game that captured leverage off the line, so much so that a nose tackle can travel 4, 5 yards whilst still engaged in a block and then sack the qb - brilliant.

This still just doesn't feel like football, it feels more like a chess game with football players as the pieces.
Madden does not capture the violence and impact of this game and I understand why people rate this high, most of the time it's because we don't have that outside reference point to grade it against because this is what EA has given us every year. I'm glad the engine has been upgraded but I think it will be a few more years until I think its worthy of a rating higher than 7.
Peace.
I don't understand how you can rate the retail game after playing the demo.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
I don't understand how you can rate the retail game after playing the demo.
Yeah I probably should of expressed how I'm assuming the aforementioned issues will be in the retail version. My rant also feels justified to me seeing as we pay $90 + for it here.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #111
Rookie

Icon10 Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Nailed it.

How this game received a 8.5 when so many of the fundamentals are off is beyond comprehension. I guess when you say its the best Madden this gen you tend to think it deserves a 8.5, but you can't look at it that way. You have to look at it as a product of the NFL, and how well does EA translate the authenticity of the sport, along with presentation, and features.

The game is not authentic where it matters most. Line interaction. Madden fails big time in this area. Its not authentic with how LB's attack the run. It is not authentic where you RB runs into his offensive lineman and collapses like he has been shot, and the list goes on and on.

The presentation is still way below standards. The computer A.I calls a horrible game in the closing minutes.

CCM which is a nice addition , but major features were sacrificed for it, so it is still greatly incomplete. They even admitted its the beginning of something special, and things had to be removed for it, which again means it is incomplete.

Listen I'm not bashing the game. I will buy it , but I'm just stating that there are way too many important elements of the game that are not done correctly in madden.

Can Madden be fun, yes it can, but this game is not a 8.5 by any stertch. It is a 7 at best.

A 7 mean its a good game. 8.5 means it's a excellent game, and Madden 13 is not a excellent game.

For Madden to be a excellent game. It has to have a realistic pocket. Realistic line interaction. Realistic WR and Db interaction. A Realistic QB passing game. I just named a few of the elements of the game, and madden is not realistic in any of these areas, so how can it be a 8.5 when a few of the very important aspects of the sport are not translated accurately in the game?

Didn't MLB the show receive a 8.5, and that game is as close as it gets to be a perfect duplication of the sport. MLB The Show gets a 8.5 then Madden in no way gets a 8.5

If it gets a 8.5 or a 7, its getting bought and recognized regardless. If its for a wierd glitch or precision passing, its being bought and talked about. Me Im gonna play it and enjoy it no matter what some guy on a website says. No offense to the reviewer, I just value my opinion much more. Line interactions, realistic wr/db interaction, and a realistic passing game have not been accurately done in any football game to date. APF 2k8 has been the closest to having all three aspects down, and its still only average. Can't knock them for something that no one has done great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #112
Banned

22cowboys22's Arena

OVR: 8
i agree with score i do think this is the best madden they have ever made and it's about damn time.I just wish there was a simple season mode option,with that said I do like the connected career modes also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »