Home

Online Lag is terrible

This is a discussion on Online Lag is terrible within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #49
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Online Lag is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoy7150
This has always been an issue for me as well... The only Madden games I was ever able to play without lag was the Old Gen Madden's. Once the new gen Maddens hit the scene... It was lights out to online play for this guy! Are these games P2P?? Server based?? What is it?? Cause there are a lot more folks playing MW3 online then there are Madden...and Ive NEVER had Lag problems with that game!! Get it right EA!! And PLEASE dont say its my connection. My Download speed is 53 MBPS and my Upload is 31 MBPS!!
Its your connection!! Its too fast! No joke, EA servers are trash. Downgrade to DSL, companys will give you a month trial for cheap.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #50
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePlayinSerb
perhaps your cable internet providers suck in your are, what ever works for you, more power to you
No bud, Its the same for everyone on my friendslist that has Comcast high speed. Perhaps you should listen, more power to you. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PING!!!!! Good day

Slow Motion games have NOTHING TO DO WITH PING

Last edited by sooner1; 09-05-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5

There is rarely significant lag for me. Serb has it right. Download bandwidth has almost no effect on lag. Upload speeds and especially ping times are much more important. Someone with 100 Mbps download and 85 ms ping can lag horribly while someone with 1 Mbps download and 15 ms can have the smoothest game possible. Do a few tests from several different servers in the same general region as you and see what time of ping times you are getting. If you are consistently over 40 ms, that could cause slight lag. Over 60 ms will almost certainly cause a bit of lag. Over 80 ms is a significant issue.

If it's not the ping time, it could be many other things, but not your download bandwidth.

Last edited by NoLittleBabies; 09-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0

My online gameplay was slow for madden as well. Every game. So I read this thread and took the ping test. I was getting a pack loss test error and a high ping. I deleted the older version of java I had on my computer, installed the newest version, opened the ports on my firewall, and it fixed the pack loss error. I was able to get a lower ping on a far away server, and better overall score. Most importantly - the smoothest game I've played online yet with no lag whatsoever.

I don't know if that will work for the rest of you guys but it's worth a shot.

Last edited by Johnny "Too Tall"; 09-06-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

Madden 13 has been a lag fest for me as well. The game is fun though.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
No bud, Its the same for everyone on my friendslist that has Comcast high speed. Perhaps you should listen, more power to you. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PING!!!!! Good day

Slow Motion games have NOTHING TO DO WITH PING
ping is HOW FAST YOU COMMUNICATE BACK AND FORTH TO THE PERSON YOUR ARE PLAYING!!! so yes it has everything to do with PING!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
My online gameplay was slow for madden as well. Every game. So I read this thread and took the ping test. I was getting a pack loss test error and a high ping. I deleted the older version of java I had on my computer, installed the newest version, opened the ports on my firewall, and it fixed the pack loss error. I was able to get a lower ping on a far away server, and better overall score. Most importantly - the smoothest game I've played online yet with no lag whatsoever.

I don't know if that will work for the rest of you guys but it's worth a shot.
glad someone listened and fixed their problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 0

Wait, does Madden servers use a P2P connection? Or does EA use dedicated servers for Madden. I get lag too. Not much, but enough to notice. If we are P2P, then it really doesnt matter how good your connection is. It factors in your oponents connection and slows yours down to match theirs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »