Home

Madden just crashed my system

This is a discussion on Madden just crashed my system within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden just crashed my system

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
Sign out from CC before quitting the game. This solved the problem for me on the ps3. I had the "double beep" happen twice when I quit the game before I figured this out. It hasn't happened since. Again, "sign out" from your internet connection before you quit the game or turn off your system.
This seems to have worked for me....thanks! Yeah, something seems to hang as soon as you go into CC, and even when you leave it and go back to the Madden main menu it persists. Signing out of PSN gets rid of whatever bug is causing that.

Glad there's a workaround for it, but this is one of those things that needs an emergency patch, even before the next scheduled one. Obviously no one wants their PS3 to go through its whole file system restore every time you quit Madden.

I'm surprised Sony's certification process did not catch this...
Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ok I signed out before quitting and it worked. Thanks for the tip Turfguy. But I agree that it needs an emergency patch. Im really surprised that there is no thread on this on the Ea forums yet !
Old 09-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #19
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

yeah if you sign out of PSN then quit the game, it will not crash. ever since the patch me and everyone else i play with is experiencing the same issue. we had this problem in m12 as well, strange that it came back post-patch.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5
This happen to me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has anyone got a reply from EA tech support concerning the issue ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Thankfully everything booted back up ok...but here's the story:

-PS3 Slim 160 gb, stock, original hard drive
-Ran a few CPU vs. CPU games over the course of 3 hours
-Quit the game as usual and heard the "oh no!" double-beep sound and the system powered off (no I did not accidently "turn off system")
-Waited a few seconds and booted the PS3 back up and instead of being prompted with the typical "system was not shut down correctly" message I got something I'd never seen before saying:

"There was a software problem press "X" to report this to SCEA...pressing X will provide information to SCEA and the Developer about this problem"

-After pressing X to report the info I then got the usual "system was not shut down correctly" message and then it did an "auto" file check/restore.

Kind of a scary moment as I'd never seen the first message before. But it cleary stated it was a software issue. It's unfortuante Madden has its in-game bugs, but crashing my system is a whole other bag of potatoes!

Anyone else have this issue?
Yea, I had the same thing happen to me. The game just froze. Good thing it froze at the start when doing the intro. This is on Online CCM Single Player. Same as you, got the message "restoring file"..

Rebooted and played again no problem after that.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #23
Pro

Seems to be happening to many..is there potential for damage Though with this double beep?

Do we really need to log off Internet before quitting madden.?

Last edited by chilidogbeefcake; 09-13-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i dont think its a ps3 thing in 12 it happened to me all time....and i put in any other game and not one freeze issue or double beep. i played yesterday and didnt have any issues with 13.... it still happens to me in 12 when i go to play games or update my rosters so its def a EA thing not ps3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »