Home

Official Rate My Fantasy Draft Thread

This is a discussion on Official Rate My Fantasy Draft Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official Rate My Fantasy Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
Another case of wayyy too many rookies.
I drafted the way that I wanted to.

The majority of my rookies are only normal progression, so I'm not sure why that would matter anyways. Quinn, all of my corners, Foster, Harrison, etc are all Normal or worse Dev.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:02 AM   #50
Just started!

Round 1. D. Revis
Round 2. V. Miller
Round 3. J. Watt
Round 4. M. Wallace
Round 5. P. Peterson
Round 6 N. Collins
Round 7 K. Winslow
Round 8 A. Brown
Round 9 D. Butler
Round 10 R. Wilson
Round 11 A. Rodgers-Cromartie
Round 12 S. Rice
Round 13 J. Jenkins
Round 14 E. Dummerville
Round 15 T. Mays
Round 16 D. Hightower
Round 17 K. Connor
Round 18 C. Fleener
Round 19 L. Blount
Round 20 C. Upshaw

I run an offense centered around pounding the ball up the middle and making big plays with fast wide outs and TEs. A few players (such as L. Blount) are just for personal preference too. I didn't go for too young of a team because I like to have some retirements and a reason to draft rookies. Past round 20 I went for a quick O-line and a DT, along with some more depth on defense. I run a 3-4 defense and LOVE blitzing with my fast outside linebackers and corners. I found the players I control (QB, HB, SS) don't necessarily need to be the best, so I tend to not draft them earlier. Your biggest weakness would probably be offensive line. What do you think?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 10

Guess I'll add my team on here as well. Going with the Rams, running a pass-happy offense, and a mostly a 3-4 D. I had around the 20th pick, I believe. I put a lot of emphasis on the offensive side, because I enjoy playing that side much more than defense.

QB: Big Ben, Russel Wilson, Chandler Harnisch
RB: Reggie Bush, Michael Bush, Taiwan Jones, Alfonso Smith
FB: Ovie Mughelli
WR: Julio Jones, Percy Harvin, Kendall Wright, Dexter Mccluster, Brandon Tate
TE: Aaron Hernandez, Pettigrew, Scott Chandler
C: Alex Mack, Joe Hawley
Guards: Kevin Boothe, Adam Snyder, Willie Colon, Chris Keomatu
Tackles: Branden Albert, Stephon Heyer, Demar Dotson, Jason Fox

DT: Kyle Williams, Kendall Langford, Kevin Vickerson, John McCargo
DE: Kamerion Wimbley, Bruce Irvin, Trevor Scott, Thaddeus Gibson, Derrick Harvey
LB: Barrett Ruud, Dan Connor, Stephen Sylvester, Luke Kuechly, Bobby Carpenter, Justin Cole, Craig Robertson
CB: Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Janoris Jenkins, Brice McCain, Sterling Moore
S: Darian Stewart, Craig Dahl, Brandon Hardin, Hamza Abdullah
K: Garrett Hartley
P: Ben Graham

I think offensively, I'm pretty stacked. Obviously, defense will be key in upcoming drafts. I ended up with a few more rookies than I was planning, but I knew I wanted to shade towards younger players overall.

QUICK EDIT: I simmed the pre-season because I wanted to get right into the game, and I have three offensive linemen down with injuries - one for the season, and two more for about six weeks each. So it looks like Big Ben is going to be running for his life - again.

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 09-26-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #52
Banned

throckmeisterz's Arena

OVR: 2

I went with the Falcons for my fantasy draft solo ccm; I drafted a pure running team with a 4-3 defense. I can't remember the exact pick I had--somewhere in the early 20s. Here's my depth chart at the end of my first season:

QB: Weeden
HB1: Trent Richardson
HB2: David Wilson
FB: Polite
WR1: Darius Heyward Bey
WR2: Randal Cobb
TE1: Gabe Carimi
TE2: Riley Reiff
LT: Ryan Kalil
LG: Carl Nicks
C: Mike Pouncey
RG: David DeCastro
RT: Michael Oher
LE: Bruce Irvin
RE: Elvis Dumervil
DT1: Suh
DT2: Marcel Dareus
LOLB: Kuechly
MLB: Beason
ROLB: Von Miller
CB1: Morris Claiborne
CB2: Vontae Davis
FS: Byrd
SS: Berry

My defense is unbelievable, and my running game is unstoppable: I literally run every down except 4th and more than 10 or if my third string is in the game. I plan on drafting a passing game and becoming a more balanced team over the next few seasons.

Last edited by throckmeisterz; 09-26-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #53
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
Another case of wayyy too many rookies.
Why do you care? The goal of a 'fantasy' draft isn't to be realistic, or we wouldn't have it at all. Let them build teams how they want too.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvegasryan
Guess I'll add my team on here as well. Going with the Rams, running a pass-happy offense, and a mostly a 3-4 D. I had around the 20th pick, I believe. I put a lot of emphasis on the offensive side, because I enjoy playing that side much more than defense.

QB: Big Ben, Russel Wilson, Chandler Harnisch
RB: Reggie Bush, Michael Bush, Taiwan Jones, Alfonso Smith
FB: Ovie Mughelli
WR: Julio Jones, Percy Harvin, Kendall Wright, Dexter Mccluster, Brandon Tate
TE: Aaron Hernandez, Pettigrew, Scott Chandler
C: Alex Mack, Joe Hawley
Guards: Kevin Boothe, Adam Snyder, Willie Colon, Chris Keomatu
Tackles: Branden Albert, Stephon Heyer, Demar Dotson, Jason Fox

DT: Kyle Williams, Kendall Langford, Kevin Vickerson, John McCargo
DE: Kamerion Wimbley, Bruce Irvin, Trevor Scott, Thaddeus Gibson, Derrick Harvey
LB: Barrett Ruud, Dan Connor, Stephen Sylvester, Luke Kuechly, Bobby Carpenter, Justin Cole, Craig Robertson
CB: Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Janoris Jenkins, Brice McCain, Sterling Moore
S: Darian Stewart, Craig Dahl, Brandon Hardin, Hamza Abdullah
K: Garrett Hartley
P: Ben Graham

I think offensively, I'm pretty stacked. Obviously, defense will be key in upcoming drafts. I ended up with a few more rookies than I was planning, but I knew I wanted to shade towards younger players overall.

QUICK EDIT: I simmed the pre-season because I wanted to get right into the game, and I have three offensive linemen down with injuries - one for the season, and two more for about six weeks each. So it looks like Big Ben is going to be running for his life - again.
I hope you have Irvin annd Wimbley at OLB in 34 looks. DEs in a 34 are usually 285lbs+ that excell at eating blockers and clogging running lanes. Irvin is about 50 pounds too light, not to mention he's a speed rusher...

If the game has any realism, Irvin will get completely murdered by Guards that are 70 pounds heavier than him.

You have only inside LBs on your team right now, none of those LBs are geared towards rushing the passer every down.Irvin and Wimbley would make great OLBs in a 34.

Switch those two to LB, Merling is a DE in a 34 look, Williams is easily the most valuable front seven guy right now for you because he's the only one you got suited to a NT skill set. The rest of your DTs would be exceptional DEs.

Not bad personell, just bad spots.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #55
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Why do you care? The goal of a 'fantasy' draft isn't to be realistic, or we wouldn't have it at all. Let them build teams how they want too.
Some people just need to find reasons to complain about the game.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am probably going to feel like an idiot, but where in the world do you go to do a fantasy draft? I have been trying to find it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »