Home

CCM help needed!!

This is a discussion on CCM help needed!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CCM help needed!!

I've started a career as a coach and am using the Colts. I'm in my fourth season and we just won our first Super Bowl. I sim through the preseason and it shows I need to resign Andrew Luck. However I only have a little over 3M in cap space and he is asking around 16M a year. What is the beat way to free up that much cap space without receiving any cap penalties? Should I just franchise tag him but then what? Any help is much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CCM help needed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrawn33
I've started a career as a coach and am using the Colts. I'm in my fourth season and we just won our first Super Bowl. I sim through the preseason and it shows I need to resign Andrew Luck. However I only have a little over 3M in cap space and he is asking around 16M a year. What is the beat way to free up that much cap space without receiving any cap penalties? Should I just franchise tag him but then what? Any help is much appreciated.
are Franchise tags still in the game? that might help.

QB is the single most important position in real life and possibly the game. cut players with high salaries and on their last year (otherwise you'll take bigger cap hits on their prorated signing bonuses).

you can get by in the game with average-o-lineman.

and if you control a player on D, cut him if he's overpriced for a rookie that you can control.

my $.02.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrawn33
Look in Team Salaries for guys to trade/cut that have a big hit on your current year.

The other option is to load his salary with bonus money instead of contract money.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6

If Mathis or Freeny is still there trade them, Im not on year 4. Still year 2. Cut a highest payed guy on the roster. You can't afford to loose Luck. Sub-Par oline is very effective still. Quick passes. 4 years to win it?? Come on. I got it year one. Luck was OROY MVP and Superbowl MVP.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseboyj
If Mathis or Freeny is still there trade them, Im not on year 4. Still year 2. Cut a highest payed guy on the roster. You can't afford to loose Luck. Sub-Par oline is very effective still. Quick passes. 4 years to win it?? Come on. I got it year one. Luck was OROY MVP and Superbowl MVP.
I simmed a lot. I would only play 4 or 5 games in the season enough to just make it to the playoffs then lose in the first or second round. I was trying to make it as real as possible. Luck won the SB MVP with 451 and 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58

The other option is to load his salary with bonus money instead of contract money.
If I do this is there a possibility that he refuses and ends the negotiations
Old 09-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Out of curiosity, 4 years in and having won a Super Bowl, what does Andrew Luck's OVR rating look like?
Old 09-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRTZL20
Out of curiosity, 4 years in and having won a Super Bowl, what does Andrew Luck's OVR rating look like?
I've got it up to a 94. I just used all of his XP on awareness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »