Home

run/pass ratio Team specific playbooks for computer- offline CCM

This is a discussion on run/pass ratio Team specific playbooks for computer- offline CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #97
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: run/pass ratio Team specific playbooks for computer- offline CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
And when the CPU is losing it is still running on 1st and 2nd down and even on 3rd and long....That is a problem.....

I would prefer some support to your assertion that most teams run on 1st n 2nd down.....

According to the following link for the run/pass ratio in the 2011 NFL season: the pass heavy teams passed ~20% more times than rushed....The middle teams passed ~10% more than rush, and then the bottom teams passed at a pass/run ratio of ~ 50/50......

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/marc...ive_focus.html

So with the above knowledge, only the bottom few teams should have a pass/run ratio of 50/50 in the game plans.....The others should have a 57/43 pass ratio for the middle teams and a 60/40 pass/run ratio for the pass heavy teams....a top few are even close to 65/35....

Then with those ratios...the less pass happy teams, or more balanced teams, would have to alternate pass/run on 1st and 2nd down throughout the game, and therefore there would not be a majority of running on 1st and 2nd down....The other teams are definitely throwing more on first and 2nd down situations....
ok. Im just not seeing that much in my games. again when I start keying in on stopping the run the temas will throw. When they are losing big they will throw on first/ second/ third downs.
Im just not seeing this being a big issue. at the end of a game if a team runs on me for 30 plays and gets 120+ yards and throws 15 times for 150 yards and win then thats an effective offense. why woudl a team get awya from this.
I run with the PAtriots and so far 3 temas have been passs heavy.
The JEts juust put an *** whipping on Me, Sanchez threw for 4 tds, I stopped their run game and he started throwing. Denver and MAnning threw against em alot also.
IM just noticing that there are Pass hevay teams in this game also.

Maybe, once I get better at Madden, Ill start noticing these things more, cause I do have trouble stopping th e run and when I do key in on the run , again they start lighting me up through the air.

This is the first year that IM truely enjoying MAdden in a long time, so I have no complaints. the game has flaws, but has exceeded my expectations.

I will try this theory in my SF ccm and notice if I see a significant difference.

Last edited by tril; 10-20-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
it was Mcnabb's last couple years where he bonkers with passing the ball. it was ridiculously funny.
Funny yes..makes me lose my mind during football season no..lol..
Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #99
Rookie

Browns would be run heavy..or run balance..
Old 10-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
would they be? so far 129 passes 128 runs? what else would match that?

i think run balance prob?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #101
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Are you sure? One of the criticisms of Pat Shurmer and his West Coast system is that he hasn't given Trent the ball enough. Trent has never carried the ball as much as 20 times in a game. He has 95 carries in 6 games. I would definitely argue against run heavy and would advocate more of a west coast scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3
would they be? so far 129 passes 128 runs? what else would match that?

i think run balance prob?
Maybe ur right..I just think they get behind so fast that they to away from wanting to run so much
Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #103
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Last night i played week 4 of my raiders franchise against the broncos. I gave them the RunNGun playbook. Peyton was slinging that damn ball all over the field lol. Their first 6-7 plays were all passes. Lots 4 wide and empty backfield sets.

Personally i think Green Bay and the Saints should use the that playbook since it seems running the ball is more of an after thought for those teams.

in their real games, the Broncos would be more of a balanced offense if they werent falling behind by so much early in games. John Fox loves running the ball.

Last edited by Rawdeal28; 10-20-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #104
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Are you sure? One of the criticisms of Pat Shurmer and his West Coast system is that he hasn't given Trent the ball enough. Trent has never carried the ball as much as 20 times in a game. He has 95 carries in 6 games. I would definitely argue against run heavy and would advocate more of a west coast scheme.
according to the statistics through 6 games, you are correct sir.

through 6 games, the Browns on 1st down have passed the ball 94 and rushed 66. on 2nd down they have passed 74 times and rushed 50.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co..._offense::none

http://www.pro-football-reference.co..._offense::none

so i agree the West Coast playbook would be better for them.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »