Home

run/pass ratio Team specific playbooks for computer- offline CCM

This is a discussion on run/pass ratio Team specific playbooks for computer- offline CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #41
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: run/pass ratio Team specific playbooks for computer- offline CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Can you edit the play importance for a team and have the CPU use them in a CCM offline?
no you cant. trust me i tried lol.

i already had edited about 10 team gameplans since i was just playing exhibitions game until patch #3 came out. inside a CCM the original team playbooks and the extras (balanced, run bal, run heavy, pass bal, west coast, and run n gun)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
I was curious about this as well. If the playbooks are tied to the rosters we should be able to change it, save the roster and then use that roster in CCM offline.

Did anyone try this?
they are not tied to the rosters. they are seperate. but YOU CAN NOT USE ANY CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS INSIDE A CCM OFFLINE OR ONLINE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
If this is in fact what the playbooks look like as far as pass/run ratio, then EA/Tiburon truly screwed the pooch and passed it along to its customers....I am getting impatient waiting for EA's exclusive rights with the NFL to expire; I wish and hope that a company like 2k has secretly been building and upgrading a football game so that as soon as they get a NFL/player association license they will drop the best ever Football sim/game....(fingers crossed) - This playbook stuff is an example of laziness and nothing more....And if the simple stuff and cosmetics of a product are bad, then you can bet that the inside stuff, the things you cannot see, are total crap.....
Sadly ill have to somewhat agree with u here. it is pretty lazy to leave basically all the teams gameplans done the same way.

and this sucks because honestly this is first year in a long time that every team doesnt really have the same playbook. i mean seriously, go through each teams playbook and you will see that everyone pretty much has thier own unique plays and sets. in years prior most of the teams always had the same plays and formations.

so now they finally diversified the playbooks but they F'ed it all up by giving everyone the same gameplan. IN MY OPINION, they got to the end of the cycle and realized they hadnt set the gameplans. so in a rush they just did them all the same and they hoped GameFlow would at least balance it out.

but it didnt
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Guys I edited the first page based on the info you were giving in the thread..keep it coming and if anything needs changing feel free to let me know ill edit it
Old 10-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yea when i had the game i also noticed that most teams had an extremely unrealistic setup for their play calling tendencies...

What ticks me off the most about Tiburon is if youre not gonna do it why not at least give us the commmunity the opportunity to do it and insert it into CCM?? I mean do they believe no one really plays offline careers anymore and everyone plays online so it wont really matter?? Funny thing is I greatly enjoy playing FIFA online but i just cant get into madden online bc of the weak gameplay and how easily exploitable the AI is....

But I just dont get it...Fifa allows us to change team's tendencies AND insert them into career mode...AND share them! gahh i dont even have the game anymore but when i read things like this its sparks the passion in me :

PS: Nice thread to try and actually get something out of this game goodwork.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #44
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

We should be able to use custom playbooks, create/edit existing team playbooks, save them as something like an alternate team playbook and assign them in play now and ccm....

EA knows, if given the ability, the gaming community will do much work to flesh out the base product.....All that is needed is a solid base product with customization ability....

Hells Bells, give the community custom ability - As is the case with sliders, for example, certain sliders will rise to the top as the better ones to use....Then just take the best sliders, make that the base 50 slider attributes and then adjust the 0-50 and 50-100 slider levels from that.....With playbooks EA can get the better pass/run ratio playbooks from the community and from there flesh out the NFL team tendencies through the work of the people....

Stepping back to sliders for a bit - maybe sliders should have, in conjunction with rookie, pro, all-pro and all-madden, major categories as - H2H, user v user, user v cpu and cpu v cpu, slider categories as the community sliders seem to break down to...Then from there have each major category break down to levels of skill- rookie, pro, all-pro and all-madden....

Last edited by californ14; 10-19-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #45
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
I'm curious to see what some of the team play books are like..as far as run to pass on each downs
im going to show you.

this is basically how everyone's Gameplan is setup. im gonna use the Giants gameplan in this example.....

as you can see, all the run Plays are given 4 stars and there are 14 of them to choose from. while there are only 6 passing plays, all with only 1 star.

and as you can see, the same goes for 2nd down. although there are a few more passing plays to choose from, they are still given low importance. this is why all the teams are running so much. even on 2nd and long they are gonna run a majority of the time.

now this next Gameplan is from the Run Balanced playbook......

now here, all the plays are only given half a star. and on top of that there is a good mixture of run and pass. not one play is given priority over the other so even in the Run Balanced playbook, you are gonna see diversity on 1st down.

on 2nd & long, most of the run plays are given 3 stars and most of the pass plays are given 2 stars. but the thing here is, there are only 9 running plays compared to 11 pass plays. so even though the running plays are given a little more importance (not by much) there are still more passing plays to chose from so u will still see a little more passing inside the RUN BALANCED gameplan.

and all the extra playbooks (Balanced, Run Balanced, Pass Balanced, etc..) are set up this way except for the Run Heavy which heavily slanted to running plays on 2nd and long.

so this will be the key to having your CPU opponents pass more inside your CCM. oh and there is no way to check the Gameplans for the legend coach's playbooks. i not even sure u can use them is your CCM
Quote:

lol

Last edited by Rawdeal28; 11-18-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
im going to show you.

this is basically how everyone's Gameplan is setup. im gonna use the Giants gameplan in this example.....

as you can see, all the run Plays are given 4 stars and there are 14 of them to choose from. while there are only 6 passing plays, all with only 1 star.

and as you can see, the same goes for 2nd down. although there are a few more passing plays to choose from, they are still given low importance. this is why all the teams are running so much. even on 2nd and long they are gonna run a majority of the time.

now here, all the plays are only given half a star. and on top of that there is a good mixture of run and pass. not one play is given priority over the other so even in the Run Balanced playbook, you are gonna see diversity on 1st down.

on 2nd & long, most of the run plays are given 3 stars and most of the pass plays are given 2 stars. but the thing here is, there are only 9 running plays compared to 11 pass plays. so even though the running plays are given a little more importance (not by much) there are still more passing plays to chose from so u will still see a little more passing inside the RUN BALANCED gameplan.

and all the extra playbooks (Balanced, Run Balanced, Pass Balanced, etc..) are set up this way except for the Run Heavy which heavily slanted to running plays on 2nd and long.

so this will be the key to having your CPU opponents pass more inside your CCM. oh and there is no way to check the Gameplans for the legend coach's playbooks. i not even sure u can use them is your CCM
Thank you...and WTF! Ok ok..I am not one to understand the way a game is made..I'm just a cop..so I'm not super bright..but I mean come on..this is basic stuff
Old 10-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #47
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

and yes u can use the legend coach's playbook inside your CCM.
Quote:

lol
Old 10-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #48
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
im going to show you.

thank you mate!

this is absolutely RI·DIC·U·LOUS. my 5 year old nice could not have done it any worse than EA!!!

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »