Home

In Game Attribute Changes - CCM

This is a discussion on In Game Attribute Changes - CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: In Game Attribute Changes - CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
No. No attributes drop due to schemes not fitting. Only the overall drops and this is only due to different player types putting a different weight on some of the attributes (e.g. speed has a lower importance for possession guys than it does for deep threat).

I don't think EA botched this at all. I love that they added it and think the overall implementation was well done.
Yes, thank you, I meant to say overall.

Glad you are enjoying the CCM.

Personally, I think they bit off more than they could chew. It simply wasn't ready. I do like the direction it's going though.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 12-05-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Yes, I misspoke. I meant to say overall.

Glad you are enjoying the CCM.

Personally, I think they bit off more than they could chew. It simply wasn't ready. I do like the direction it's going though.
The biggest impact it has is subtle. AI controlled teams will have different opinions on the same player. There is definitely room for improvement, but for the first time this generation I think Madden is headed in the right direction. They need to put back the things from last gen like the player traits and storylines. But at least now each team has something like their own flavor.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Injuries might also have an effect if you let the player play through it?

I remember seeing a (-15) on STR or a (-5) on SPD.

Does the OVR calculate based on the base rating or the effective, injury-impacted rating?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Injuries might also have an effect if you let the player play through it?

I remember seeing a (-15) on STR or a (-5) on SPD.

Does the OVR calculate based on the base rating or the effective, injury-impacted rating?
Don't know the answer to that, but it's a good point and it reminded me of something else I'd seen.

When signing the incoming rookies (I'm pretty sure that's where I saw it) there was a "morale" attribute listed. They were all 100 at this point. I have never been able to find that attribute listed again anywhere or at any other point in the season.

Anyone seen this? I wonder if it's a piece of something that will be fleshed out further in future releases.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Don't know the answer to that, but it's a good point and it reminded me of something else I'd seen.

When signing the incoming rookies (I'm pretty sure that's where I saw it) there was a "morale" attribute listed. They were all 100 at this point. I have never been able to find that attribute listed again anywhere or at any other point in the season.

Anyone seen this? I wonder if it's a piece of something that will be fleshed out further in future releases.
I believe injuries will impact attributes as can hot/cold streaks. What you will see is the base overall adjusted for injuries.

My guess for morale is that it is part of a feature that did not make the final cut but is planned in the future. They probably tried to get it in this time but could not due to bugs or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I believe injuries will impact attributes as can hot/cold streaks. What you will see is the base overall adjusted for injuries.

My guess for morale is that it is part of a feature that did not make the final cut but is planned in the future. They probably tried to get it in this time but could not due to bugs or something.
The bug infestation didn't stop them from putting everything else in!!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #23
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

I will note this. While offense or defense scheme changes (which do not stick anyway due to bugs EA refuses to fix) don't seem to affect overalls, I did notice when I changed my #1 receiver setting under Schemes from speed to red zone, the overalls on my two red zone receivers jumped.

That appears to be the key, you want to maximize the overall for a starter, change the position setting under Schemes to match his.

EDIT: IN GENERAL, it appears to me now you can draft ANYONE regardless of scheme or style and so long as you change that position's style under Scheme to match the player's setting, you'll maximize his overall. So, if I'm right you do NOT have to draft for scheme or style, draft anyone and just set the style under schemes to match and you're good. For example, even though I'm running a 4-3 D scheme, I had a 3-4 LOLB starter and by setting the LOLB scheme setting to 3-4 pass rusher to match his setting, I got a nice overall boost.

Anyone believe differently?

BTW, I am baffled why the in game ratings differ. If the out of game reflect scheme compatability or incompatability, what's the point of showing raw overalls in game????

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 12-06-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #24
Rookie

Raging Raider's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
EDIT: Programming seems wonky. For the most part if you revise individual position settings under Schemes to match the player's setting, the overall goes up for the player and team. But I just changed my TE setting from Receiver to Vertical to match my starter's setting or attribute and the overall actually DROPPED one point. WTF?
A player's listed scheme is not always what he rates highest at, and I hope they fix this in M14.

Use schemes that fit your personal preferences, and find players that fit your style of play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
BTW, I am baffled why the in game ratings differ. If the out of game reflect scheme compatability or incompatability, what's the point of showing raw overalls in game????
Since nobody mentioned it in the last three pages, I guess I am one of the few people that spend player XP on improving Consistency.

Bringing up Consistency is worth not seeing a player play 5-10 points below his normal OVR sometimes.

I usually buy the first level when a player is 80 OVR, level 2 at 85, level 3 at 90, and level 4 at 95.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »