Home

A Plea to Madden Developers for Next Gen (And Beyond)

This is a discussion on A Plea to Madden Developers for Next Gen (And Beyond) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: A Plea to Madden Developers for Next Gen (And Beyond)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
If this were the same game from last gen, how do you explain people LOVING this game last gen and hating it this gen?? There are no cop outs here pal -- I have no reason to defend or bash Madden.
Stripped way too much out of the game to slowly start reintroducing things that were stripped out. I think much of the anger comes from this. As a franchise person, I know this angered me greatly. Then they would add something back to throw it out the next year to replace it with "XP progression". Sorry, I just needed to mention the XP progression somehow, someway, cause I have such a strong distaste for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 1

maybe im cynical, if they release for a madden for the next gen imo it wont be available in any form for older consoles and will be either limited in functionality because they will claim higher dev costs or it will cost 59 gbp instead of 39 gbp. either way they will lose a lot of customers.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I rest my case -- that's precisely my point.

Catching is more dynamic now.

Run and pass blocking are both better this gen. Even as bad as pass blocking is on these systems, line interaction is better now than the jarrgled mess it was last gen.

You're getting away from my point though: it's not to compare M13 to 05, but rather M06 to 05. THAT game was a shell of itself when it came to this gen. I don't think an argument has to be made.

Well we are all entitled to opinions, but like i said we agree to disagree. The blocking and catching are the same with a few run time animations built in. 430 "new" catch animations? Have ypu ever seen more than 5?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 1

i cant remember if it was prior madden or hc that had stats on upcoming opponent on what runs they uded most and which side etc and what passes to give you tendencies
Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #45
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Stripped way too much out of the game to slowly start reintroducing things that were stripped out. I think much of the anger comes from this. As a franchise person, I know this angered me greatly. Then they would add something back to throw it out the next year to replace it with "XP progression". Sorry, I just needed to mention the XP progression somehow, someway, cause I have such a strong distaste for it.
See this is the part that I don't get. From the limited discussion I have been involved in about what happened with M06, this seems to be what happened. Instead of porting over the code from last gen to the new consoles, EA TIburon rewrote the same core code, from scratch. My layman understanding of this is that it's essentially like taking an old movie and deciding to either remake it in HD or try to upgrade the original with digital enhancements..

So for example, with say Jaws, a studio could try to digitally enhance the original movie for a HD BluRay version or remake the whole movie, new cast crew, etc, using HD equipment. However, even with the remake, if they use the exact same screenplay from the original, it's essentially still the same core movie with more advanced effects. That's how I see next-gen Madden for the most part and I don't understand the point of rewriting the code for new consoles if they were still going to use much of the same "script" from last gen. It just seems to make more sense to port it then and if choosing to rewrite, then actually create totally new code/game.

From what I understand, that's supposed to be the lesson learned and the mistake EA Tiburon will not repeat for the new consoles but I don't get why anyone would choose to do what they did in the first place. Again, this is all my layman way of trying to wrap my head around this, I would appreciate anyone with knowledge of coding clarifying anything I may be misunderstanding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 15

Is Adembroski still working at EA? What is all this talk about his twitter comments?

I must have missed this.... Took a break from the forums for a while.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Is Adembroski still working at EA? What is all this talk about his twitter comments?

I must have missed this.... Took a break from the forums for a while.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...must-read.html
Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #48
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8

[quote= 430 "new" catch animations? Have ypu ever seen more than 5?[/quote]

Wow.

My thoughts exactly after Madden 10.

It doesnt matter how many animations you captured or put into the game as long as the same F"n tackle animation plays out with people falling all around the play EVERY TIME!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »