Home

Madden NFL 25 - Sideline & Back of Endzone Interceptions Are In (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Sideline & Back of Endzone Interceptions Are In (UPDATED) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #33
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Sideline & Back of Endzone Interceptions Are In (UPDATED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I understand people saying the like the pause because it gives them time to "adjust" but it's yet another element that reminds us we are playing a video game. Like LT posted, at some point hopefully they just provide a defensive game play view.

Also, I think it's necessary to remove the "pause" to have receivers become the defender to strip potential INTs from defenders.
I agree with both sides here - I like the pause for "adjusting" to the return - I hate the pause because as you said Big it seems to render the WR useless in terms of attempting to break up the play, and while I would be cool with a new defensive centric camera angle as an option, I would want the option to be just that - an option - as it would likely take me a month a week and a two years to adjust to it...
Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #34
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't understand the trepidation with having to learn something new and never have. It's 2013. How long do you want to play Football videogames the exact same was as 25yrs ago?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm so ready for something, ANYTHING to change with the way that a Football game is played, that I almost can't stand it.

Playing defense from the offense's camera is just silly. Just another crutch that allows you to see what no human can see, which is namely everything that is going on around you at once. That's why passing is so God awful. Just more "fun factor" and less sim.

There's a lot of disdain for casuals in general, and on this site in particular. Maybe you should be more mindful of who you call a casual.

Playing Football is hard. Playing defense is even harder. As Microsoft would say, #DealWithIt.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #35
Pro

As usual, why can't it be an option we can toggle?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #36
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
As usual, why can't it be an option we can toggle?
Why can't learning something new that benefits the realism of the game be an option?

lol
Old 05-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #37
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the freeze part kinda suck, but i am glad to see my corners can make plays on sideline and not just stand there. I would like to see better animations for corners tho because they make some unrealistic picks.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Why can't learning something new that benefits the realism of the game be an option?

lol

Just like turning rules on and off is an option?

Just like turning speed to overpowered or irrelevant, is an option? We can literally play god and modify the rate in which everyone moves in step with one another, yet you mock me suggesting to have an option for this?

lol?

Old 05-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #39
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Just like turning rules on and off is an option?

Just like turning speed to overpowered or irrelevant, is an option? We can literally play god and modify the rate in which everyone moves in step with one another, yet you mock me suggesting to have an option for this?

lol?
It was a joke.

I just want to live in a world where realism isn't an option for once, but is the default, with no way to turn it off, and people don't complain about it being too real, or having to adjust, when they have claimed that this was exactly what they wanted all along.

I've played 25yrs where arcade was the default with no way to turn on sim. Turnabout seems like fair play to me...
Old 05-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
It was a joke.

I just want to live in a world where realism isn't an option for once, but is the default, with no way to turn it off, and people don't complain about it being too real, or having to adjust, when they have claimed that this was exactly what they wanted all along.

I've played 25yrs where arcade was the default with no way to turn on sim. Turnabout seems like fair play to me...
I don't see it that way, this isn't "my game". I believe it's entirely wrong to expect the game to be made solely for the way I like to play it.

Which is why I advocate for options. What the heck does it matter to you, me, or anyone, if some fud in Wyoming wants to turn an unrealistic option on in his offline chise?

Who cares.

Options allow the end result of "having the game made for me" because I can make it that way, but so can the fud in Wyoming. Everyone wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »