Home

To those who say "it's just Madden 2005 part 2"

This is a discussion on To those who say "it's just Madden 2005 part 2" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #41
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: To those who say "it's just Madden 2005 part 2"

Many just want to pick up and play. I would consider that the arcade version. Blitz is probably a poor comparison in that regard.

My point is the same though. That crowd doesn't care about Franchise Mode or the minute details of the hardcore gamers.

Why sell a Chevy to a guy who really wants a Benz?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #42
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronS444
Many just want to pick up and play. I would consider that the arcade version. Blitz is probably a poor comparison in that regard.

My point is the same though. That crowd doesn't care about Franchise Mode or the minute details of the hardcore gamers.

"Play Now." I believe that's in Madden already. Pick up and play.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #43
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
"Play Now." I believe that's in Madden already. Pick up and play.
Fine.

Where's the payoff for the hardcore guys though?

In 8 years the only improvement to franchise mode is accurate roster management.

2 games/Dev teams may better satisfy the community. 1 team obviously isn't cutting it.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #44
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Fine.

Where's the payoff for the hardcore guys though?

In 8 years the only improvement to franchise mode is accurate roster management.

2 games/Dev teams may better satisfy the community. 1 team obviously isn't cutting it.
That's another argument, one I'm not taking up. I've already said plenty about what's wrong for the hardcore sim gamer. There's a reason I didn't buy Madden 13. I was simply discussing the splitting of Madden into three games.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #45
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

Well, obviously I believe it is warranted.

Not going to happen, but warranted.

Have a good one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #46
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:

Pick up and play (casual gamers) will always have rookie and pro settings - and that is where pick up and play style needs to end. The game should be built for the crowd, much larger group than given credit for, that wants a representation of the actual skill and strategy of NFL football.

EA should be building Super cars and tuning them for racing scenarios (All-Madden sim realism game), then having "options" for buyers like comfortable suspension, traction control, leather heated seats - comforts for pansies who just want to own a shiny toy - that would be rookie and pro difficulty level...
Old 05-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #47
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Personally, I haven't felt compelled to revisit a previous-generation iteration of Madden - or any previous-generation sports game - since M09 was released, and I didn't even think M09 was that great of a game.

Off-topic: Rush is great.
I did to see if it was true that Madden 12 captured metallic helmets better than Madden 13, and it turns out it did. It wasn't perfect, but it was better. I wonder what compelled them to completely remove that?
Old 05-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #48
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
I think the stigma stems from *hi definition standards. In the age of hi definiton gaming I have come to expect a hi definition gaming experience from Madden.

Hi Def not in the single sense of pixels but AI and overall level of definition in the gameplay.

If we look at how the generation started and then look at the midpoint between then and now - why is it far reaching to assume what we have now in a full fledged gourmet franchise mode, infinity physics engine, and the expected hi def graphics could have arrived sooner?

Was the resource talk just a myth?

On the subject of progress, when hit stick and vision cone were introduced Madden was at the apex of revolutionizing concepts in football gaming. Did these features mature since?

On the subject of community, why is the casual gamer not offered a skill cam where they can improve upon isolate skills?

I did not foresee Madden losing so much weight in the age of hi definition gaming. I expected to see madden looking like the heavyweight champion - robust, chiseled, and Winning.

You ask what we have been given and I propose the following figure of speech;

A millionaire donates 1M of his 100M yearly salary.

A blue collar man donates 3,500 of his 35,000 salary.

Who was more generous in their deeds?

In the span of 7-8 years, one big lump sum in the final year does not somehow erase your past debts of greed - your character is still spotted with greed.

What has Madden done with their production time to excuse why what we now have coming in M25 could not have already been here in Madden 07? 08? 09?

To whom much is given much is expected.

The blue collar worker who is steadily giving ten percent of his meat earnings back to the community is in the long run offering more in stability.

Madden has given us about 1% of what is owed to us each year and now on the cusp of the next gen they prepare to deliver on all their past owed dues?

So now we have most of what we started with returning in M25 plus the compliment of a revised physics engine.

In the end, has Madden even given us 10% of our money's worth back at the end of this generation period?

We have fattened their pockets and how have they fattened our bottom line profits?

They want more from us in microtransactions and to do what?

How is that supplemental income growing the product of the game?

What are they doing with the so much more that we give them?

If they were not being so stingy and stodgy with their delivery on the meaty toppings the angst in most would be extinguished.

1% in the first six years.
5% in the final two years.

What kind of delivery model is this?

I cannot say they are even delivering 10% additional value in M25 because that base value was already delivered on years back as this thread topic ratifies.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 05-23-2013 at 03:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »