Home

Do you find yourself going back to past Madden games after a recent Madden launch?

This is a discussion on Do you find yourself going back to past Madden games after a recent Madden launch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Do you find yourself going back to past Madden games after a recent Madden launch?

I've gone back to 10 the last 3 Madden games. I still say Madden 10 will never be beat... Can't say for 25 yet though, cuz I dont have it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do you find yourself going back to past Madden games after a recent Madden launch

I haven't actually went back and popped it in, I have however watch a few youtube videos to take me back..
Old 08-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Do you find yourself going back to past Madden games after a recent Madden launch

I've never been so dissatisfied w/ Madden to make me play an earlier game for another year, if anything I play NCAA more that year is all but still end up playing them both quite a bit.

This was especially true for a couple of years when franchise stagnated.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Nope, I play other games that are more interesting. Never played a football game for longer than half a year

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Splitting time between Madden 08 on ps2 and Apf 2k8 since the demo. I've also went back to gta San Andreas while I wait for the new gta.

I don't play entire seasons anymore but a play now of packers vs current opponent is fun a few times during the nfl season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

To each their own. The foot planting in Madden 10 was nice, but not enough to keep me from playing 11 instead. You see, even though the foot planting was great, the pursuit in Madden 10 is broken. Defenders target behind the ball carrier and not where he is going. This allows short runs to turn into big runs and big runs into scores. I felt that 11 was the better of two evils.

Madden 12 had me with it's custom playbooks and improved presentation. I have stuck with it [and also play APF 2k8] over Madden 13. I felt from all the videos, reviews, blogs by EA themselves, and so on that Madden 13 was really just a beta for Madden 25. A reboot of the franchise in a way. They still have more to bring back, but I think I will enjoy 25. It is still Madden... but I think I can still find some fun in it.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:30 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

I have however watch a few youtube videos to take me back
Old 08-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #8
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

If they don't fix some of these issues plaguing what would be a great game this year I doubt I'll ever buy an EA game again.

I do still play the hell out of Madden '96, but I'm old school like that.
Chicago Blackhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »