Home

What are the drawbacks to using the Precision Modifier, other than running slower?

This is a discussion on What are the drawbacks to using the Precision Modifier, other than running slower? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
What are the drawbacks to using the Precision Modifier, other than running slower?

Why should one bother to use regular moves when they can use the enhanced moves, and the only disadvantage is that the ballcarrier runs slightly slower?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: What are the drawbacks to using the Precision Modifier, other than running slower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Why should one bother to use regular moves when they can use the enhanced moves, and the only disadvantage is that the ballcarrier runs slightly slower?
It has been my experience that PM is fine with bigger backs with less juke and agility. However, a quicker, more agine back takes some really weird stutter steps when your holding the PM button and change direction. Using D McFadden and doing this sometimes causes him to completely stop for a second and then restart in the new direction. My #2 back on the Raiders, though, is some slow power back and he handles this much more smoothly and seems to just sidestep. I rarely use PM with McFadden or Chris Johnson or TRich (my 3 CFM backs) because of this unless it's a dive play.

In open space, with any back of any size, the regular double juke is deadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What are the drawbacks to using the Precision Modifier, other than running slower

It's a massive delay if you start running without using it, then in the middle of the run you decide to press the Precision Modifier button to do some jukes and nothings happens, your back just gets clobbered.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What are the drawbacks to using the Precision Modifier, other than running slower

i accidentally figured out how to do stutter step (with reggie bush). I was in open space with one man to beat to get to the sideline and was going to PM juke, then decided not to. So i started on sprint, tapped L2, and went back to sprint.
Was a beautiful stutter step that left the defender dazed and confused. I recommend using with speed backs on the perimeter. Can be deadly! (and looks cool too)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »