Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
It looked good, but that's not a huge jump from what 2K was doing to me. I think Madden stacks up similarly when you do side by side comparisons as far as graphical improvements go.
Hahahahahahaha this is classic.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #42
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Sooooo, don't expect a huge graphical upgrade despite the fact that the very first blog they choose to release is dedicated to how good the game looks?

yeah... I guess that makes sense...
Old 10-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #43
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
There isn't much further than we can go graphically? I think that next gen basketball video we saw today says you're wrong... Dead wrong.
That's not what Victor said, he said there WILL be some impressive things that we see especially in the future as the developers learn the capabilities of the hardware, but initially he feels that the focus of most developers will be on what can be done gameplay wise with the new tech and power at hand.

IF NBA 2k is the same gameplay wise as current gen and just a graphical upgrade, albeit impressive, I would say that we would be just as much of a let down too. The bottom line is we need to see gameplay footage of these games not just trailers before we get too excited/disappointed. My disappointment about Madden right now is based on the gameplay footage I saw even thought it wasn't very long, it was still actual gameplay.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #44
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Sooooo, don't expect a huge graphical upgrade despite the fact that the very first blog they choose to release is dedicated to how good the game looks?

yeah... I guess that makes sense...
I think the game looks good. Can't tell you how to feel about it, but I have no qualms with what I've seen so far.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

The look of Madden gen 3 wasn't the problem, it was the way the players moved and played. If that's fixed i'll be happy!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #46
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Not able to listen to the podcast right now. Any questions or details about improved AI. If the graphics stayed the same I wouldn't mind at all, just want to see the gameplay improved

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 10-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #47
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I think the game looks good. Can't tell you how to feel about it, but I have no qualms with what I've seen so far.
The game has always looked good, but that's not the point. You can't choose to release as your first blog -- your first intro to the public touting your next gen product -- an entire in-depth blog on how advanced the visuals are compared to current gen and then turn around a month later saying their isn't going to be a huge leap after you get caught with your pants down behind the MNF videos. It's makes you look disingenious at best and calls to question everything else you're touting about the game.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's not what Victor said, he said there WILL be some impressive things that we see especially in the future as the developers learn the capabilities of the hardware, but initially he feels that the focus of most developers will be on what can be done gameplay wise with the new tech and power at hand.

IF NBA 2k is the same gameplay wise as current gen and just a graphical upgrade, albeit impressive, I would say that we would be just as much of a let down too. The bottom line is we need to see gameplay footage of these games not just trailers before we get too excited/disappointed. My disappointment about Madden right now is based on the gameplay footage I saw even thought it wasn't very long, it was still actual gameplay.

JP,

When, seriously, has Madden shifted their focus from graphic enhancements to gameplay enhancements?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the complaint about Madden every year since 2006 been that the graphics have improved but the gameplay is basically the same?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »