Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #49
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
The game has always looked good, but that's not the point. You can't choose to release as your first blog -- your first intro to the public touting your next gen product -- an entire in-depth blog on how advanced the visuals are compared to current gen and then turn around a month later saying their isn't going to be a huge leap after you get caught with your pants down behind the MNF videos. It's makes you look disingenious at best and calls to question everything else you're touting about the game.
Makes you wonder if they were just overly optimistic of how it would turn out or just flat out liars. Hard to imagine somebody would be dumb enough to lie about it considering upon release we would all be able to judge the product for ourselves

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 10-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #50
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

out of everything vic said , i take way 3 words from his interview.... that says it all to me , call it a subtle foreshadowing...... " dont expect much" .....BAM there it is folks, you heard it first here ......next gen madden , dont expect much....

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 10-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #51
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
The game has always looked good, but that's not the point. You can't choose to release as your first blog -- your first intro to the public touting your next gen product -- an entire in-depth blog on how advanced the visuals are compared to current gen and then turn around a month later saying their isn't going to be a huge leap after you get caught with your pants down behind the MNF videos. It's makes you look disingenious at best and calls to question everything else you're touting about the game.
They're going to tout most of the stuff in the game over the course of time before release. I don't think that the fact that the visuals were the first thing they touted means it's most important to them. Often times, they save the biggest thing for a few weeks before release; something closer to release anyway. They want that to be the sticking point.

Either people are going to buy the game or they won't. People who buy the game will either mostly love the new mechanics and spread the word to friends or via podcasts, or they'll mostly hate it and say they aren't going to buy Madden again. Thing is, I've seen so many people on here say they're done with Madden, yet they're going to follow the game until it dies (if that ever happens). I'm certainly not saying the game will be perfect, and DEFINITELY not saying EA can do no wrong, but there is a lot to be intrigued about for hardcore players. Stuff we unfortunately won't notice until we get the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #52
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm practically finished. I am not impressed by recent footage, and knowledge of how EA does things I'm sure "recent footage" will not change come release day. I've committed to putting my money on NBA 2K, and I haven't watch nor played a basketball game since 2006. Know little to nothing about the sport, but because at one point I was not able to distinguish whether or not I was looking at real life or a video game, I am willing to learn more about the sport and willing to indulge in the game. Madden on the other hand has not done that for me, ever. The only hope we as football gamers have is if the NFL lets 2K make an NFL game....not just "anybody", but 2K, as that would light a tremendous fire under EA and FORCE them to step their game up, considering that people still play a game that came out near 11 years ago.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #53
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
They're going to tout most of the stuff in the game over the course of time before release. I don't think that the fact that the visuals were the first thing they touted means it's most important to them. Often times, they save the biggest thing for a few weeks before release; something closer to release anyway. They want that to be the sticking point.
Agreed on most of what you posted here, but once again, not the point.

Product releases and the P.R. that goes along with that are a very delicate thing. You only get one chance to make a first impression and you don't release a blog as your first impression touting visuals, then turn around a month later to say "oh nevermind". It smacks of incompetence and doesn't engender a lot of confidence from the consumer.

Now I'm not going to get off calling anyone liars or anything, but I seriously doubt anyone would be saying "don't expect a graphical leap" if the reaction to those MNF videos had been as positive as the presentation blog hyped it up to be.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #54
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Agreed on most of what you posted here, but once again, not the point.

Product releases and the P.R. that goes along with that are a very delicate thing. You only get one chance to make a first impression and you don't release a blog as your first impression touting visuals, then turn around a month later to say "oh nevermind". It smacks of incompetence and doesn't engender a lot of confidence from the consumer.

Now I'm not going to get off calling anyone liars or anything, but I seriously doubt anyone would be saying "don't expect a graphical leap" if the reaction to those MNF videos had been as positive as the presentation blog hyped it up to be.
Technically, their first impression was E3. But yes, the way they've handled information has been dreadful, and obviously has backfired on them. Definitley not a pretty situation. I especially frown upon the way they use social media, but I can't say that many companies have a good track record of that.

I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for not buying this version of Madden, but if you're picking up a console, might as well spend a buck to rent Madden and try out what they've been working hardest on, especially since the main complain around these parts has been gameplay for as long as I can remember.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #55
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

This whole ESPN video just reminded me of that Burger King footage from Madden 06. Yes the game ended up looking MUCH better than that, but the animations are what you got. I think it'll be the same here.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 28

Here is how I am looking at it...

I want this game to be REALLY REALLY good. I want that badly. That being said I have almost ZERO faith that they will deliver.

I like Vic Lugo, actually. I think he is a very bright guy. I will say this - I don't care at all about the graphics. What I care about most is the speed, the movement, the interactions - how does it animate?

I want them to fix the mess that is under the hood and as Rich state - PLAYER MOVEMENT. That is the most fundamental aspect of any sports game. It's so bad right now in current gen that you almost laugh at it. It's silly. I will wait it out for now and see what they come up with in the coming weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »