Home

Rare Players - Madden 25 CFM's

This is a discussion on Rare Players - Madden 25 CFM's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rare Players - Madden 25 CFM's

Example of one of the many offensive linemen in the Eli Watson draft class with 70+ SPD:

C Macon Benedict
6'6" / 344 lbs
Big Mauler / Power Run

SPD: 74
ACC: 75
STR: 96

AGI: 69

AWR: 71

IBK: 90
RBK: 88
PBK: 79

STA: 87
TGH: 74
INJ: 89
Old 04-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #34
Rookie

Okay, I'm going to suggest two classifications for fast offensive linemen in order for them to be considered "Rare".

CLASSIFICATION #1:
70+ SPD / 80+ ACC / 90+ STR

CLASSIFICATION #2:
80+ SPD

Also, AGI in the 70's is rarer than AGI in the 60's.

C Macon Benedict, who I just listed, falls a bit short of CLASSIFICATION #1. He's still bloody awesome. But his ACC doesn't start in the 80's. Likewise, his AGI is just barely outside of the 70-range.

Compare star LT Joe Thomas, from the Browns:

SPD: 72
ACC: 82
STR: 94
AGI: 74

Granted he's 29 years old and an NFL veteran player, but you can see the numbers that we're aiming for for this classification system.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #35
Rookie

RT Shawn Kirschner in the Eli Watson draft class is kind of close.

SPD: 79
ACC: 74
STR: 88

The high SPD / STR makes him mildly interesting, but I'm mainly interested in this Rare classification of player as an immediate draft-and-start pulling Guard. My hope is 80+ SPD will make them run fast enough to prevent them from running into the FB in the backfield like an idiot during ISO up the middle plays.

This particular guy's other stats don't really make him much of a Run Blocker though, so you probably wouldn't want to just immediately plug him in as your starter post-draft:

IBK: 80
RBK: 64
PBK: 88

AGI: 65

A little too much of a project for my tastes, as you can still find other 80+ SPD players for this role, there's no reason to settle for this guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #36
Rookie

So far the highest AGI I've noted on two rookies from this draft class was 82 and 87. But the SPD stat (which can't be increased via XP, whereas the AGI stat can) was too low for it to matter. Example:

LG Rodnell Bennett
6'6" / 305 lbs
Balanced / Power Run
SPD: 73
ACC: 71
STR: 87
AGI: 82

82 AGI doesn't make up for just 73 SPD, 71 ACC, and sub-90 STR.

Last edited by Robrain; 04-02-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #37
Rookie

Example of a CLASSIFICATION #1:
LG Jonathan Cooper
Arizona Cardinals
6'2" / 311 lbs

SPD: 72
ACC: 86
STR: 90
AGI: 73

IBK: 76
RBK: 84
PBK: 86

That's the kind of golden ratio that is Rare for offensive linemen.

Note, this is immediately after I just finished the first draft in this CFM. Not sure if the CPU team made any improvements to his stats.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:29 AM   #38
Rookie

I found a left guard Curry Traylor. I forget which class but he has 88spd 85acc and 84str. Use him as a puller and its just not fair.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #39
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaberox
I found a left guard Curry Traylor. I forget which class but he has 88spd 85acc and 84str. Use him as a puller and its just not fair.
Just drafted him and something grayson from the same class. both are high speed and the grayson guy has 90+ str too
Old 04-22-2014, 12:45 AM   #40
Rookie

I guess we can add this to rare players:

Players who should be absurdly fat, but aren't.

I drafted a DT named Percy Avery (in the Ryen Irwin draft class) with 82 SPD / 90 ACC / 88 AGI / 85 STR / 86 HitPOW / 86 PUR / 86 JMP.

I drafted him because he's just fast enough to serve as a MLB. I moved the Browns franchise and renamed them the Lumberjacks, so I wanted a bunch of hefty guys that hit hard.

DT Percy Avery is 6'1" / 292 lbs, but you wouldn't know it by looking at him:

http://imgur.com/a/71ps2#0

I created a quick gallery of screenshots I took of him on the field during a play that he blew up a screen pass for a loss.

The Jaguars guy he's about to tackle at the end of the play in those screenshots is none other than MJD. MJD clocks in at 5'7" / 208 lbs in Madden 25.

DT Percy Avery looks downright svelte on the field.

I've also got a TE named Keavon Milton who is likewise extremely slim considering his 6'4" / 293 lb frame.

He was on the Browns roster in the most recent roster update, which I used to start this offline CFM.

And for the record, through three preseason games, Percy Avery is mauling the opponent's offense. He racked up three sacks in the first game, and has been running around slamming people left and right from the MLB position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »