Home

WR's running into DB's

This is a discussion on WR's running into DB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
WR's running into DB's

I have noticed that my WR's have a tendency to run directly into DB's without bracing for any kind of impact. Anyone else seeing this? I don't drop alot of passes but it damn sure looks stupid.

Maybe because speed threshold is at 0? If I raise it, I'm afraid I'll loose that breakaway speed that they finally have in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: WR's running into DB's

Stop putting threshold at zero. Everyone is fast in the NFL, and it should be left at default. There is no reason to put it on zero. It isn't college. Guys don't simply outrun everyone to the edge on every play.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
Rookie

xxkidvxx's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwl
Stop putting threshold at zero. Everyone is fast in the NFL, and it should be left at default. There is no reason to put it on zero. It isn't college. Guys don't simply outrun everyone to the edge on every play.
He is right.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Orbit Storm's Arena

Anything but zero puts you at risk for dealing with super-backers and turbo-linemen. Sure, everyone is "fast" in the pros but there is a significant difference between someone who runs a 4s forty versus someone who barely cracks 5.

Just to add, yes.. I've seen wideouts run straight into defenders countless times, particularly on fly routes.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #5
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Too bad they couldn't input a simple contextual sidestep move similar to Nfl 2k5 and Nba 2k14 when players collide or run into one another.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for the input. I am gonna have to keep the threshold at 0...I feel like it is very realistic that way. My slow guys stay slow, but I can feel the speed of faster players.

I'll just have to be smarter at where I throw, and how quick I change directions.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:28 AM   #7
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrolla
Thanks for the input. I am gonna have to keep the threshold at 0...I feel like it is very realistic that way. My slow guys stay slow, but I can feel the speed of faster players.

I'll just have to be smarter at where I throw, and how quick I change directions.
No way I played it on 0 and you don't have your faster players flying by I had to increase it to 30 to make it realistic. Ted Gin Jr should be out running most players on a KO/KR but he don't. I disagree with you just my opinion
Old 09-05-2014, 12:01 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZoneAzCards
No way I played it on 0 and you don't have your faster players flying by I had to increase it to 30 to make it realistic. Ted Gin Jr should be out running most players on a KO/KR but he don't. I disagree with you just my opinion
Wait, so a guy like Ten Ginn feels faster on 30 as opposed to 0?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »