Home

EA takes HUGE cheap shot at ESPN

This is a discussion on EA takes HUGE cheap shot at ESPN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 10:25 PM   #17
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA takes HUGE cheap shot at ESPN

EA has reason to be worried. You never want to mention the competitions' name when referring to your game. But when a game doubles its sales from 400,000 of all of last season, to 800,000 in a week, on TWO consoles no less... the heat is on! That's quite a turn around! Even though 1.3 mil is quite impressive, the momentum and the juice seems to STILL be with ESPN.

I have no hope for any real changes in Madden until the nex-gen systems arrive. But Maybe with this $20 dollar game putting the fire to EA's backside, I hope that I am wrong. I think the guys at Tiburon can do so much more with Madden if given the opportunity. Long live good old competition!
Bubba4
Old 08-20-2004, 10:42 PM   #18
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

They both take shots at each other. Who cares?
Old 08-20-2004, 10:45 PM   #19
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
They both take shots at each other. Who cares?
exactly.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:01 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virix
You hit the nail on the head. Compare apples to apples, ESPN is only out on 2 consoles, not 4.

Hold on now. First off, ESPN's sales figures are for 2 and a half weeks, not "1" week. Second, Madden is out for how many consoles? Its not out at all for PC, and are you seriously going to take the sales of the GBA and GC versions into consideration? LOL those two platforms combined accounted for less than 10,000 of the 1.3 million copies sold. so come on lets be realistic. 1.3 million units sold was for all intents and purposes for 2 consoles as well, just like ESPN.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:14 PM   #21
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

My game can beat up your game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 11:35 PM   #22
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

The videogame industry is a business.

Madden has every right to brag. Madden 2006 could just contain updated rosters and a new coverboy and it would still outsell ESPN.

The Madden brand is so popular. I know several people who bought ESPN for the first time because of the price and they said it was decent but it wasn't "Madden" thus it wasn't as good.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:37 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
EA has reason to be worried. You never want to mention the competitions' name when referring to your game. But when a game doubles its sales from 400,000 of all of last season, to 800,000 in a week, on TWO consoles no less... the heat is on! That's quite a turn around! Even though 1.3 mil is quite impressive, the momentum and the juice seems to STILL be with ESPN.

I have no hope for any real changes in Madden until the nex-gen systems arrive. But Maybe with this $20 dollar game putting the fire to EA's backside, I hope that I am wrong. I think the guys at Tiburon can do so much more with Madden if given the opportunity. Long live good old competition!
Bubba4
EA has no reason to be worried. What in the world are you talkin about?
Old 08-20-2004, 11:44 PM   #24
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

holy crap 800,000 copies in 11 days isnt tooo shabby for that game. I do hope that ESPN catches up to Madden in units sold and surpasses them and make EA really really step up next year and put out an even better product!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »