Home

Stopin the pass on all-madden

This is a discussion on Stopin the pass on all-madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2004, 03:12 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Angry Stopin the pass on all-madden

Ive played about 5 games & every time the computer seems 2 go 70%
passing & getting over 300 yds a game.i did a fantasy draft & made the superbowl 3 yrs inna row & lost b/c i couldnt stop the pass. I tried 3-4,4-3, cover 3, dbl teaming,everything. The ball just goes right by my players helmet & the comps gotta huge gain. I got tired of all-pro cause i was winnin 50-0. any help appreciated

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Last edited by Angel_Fan; 09-05-2004 at 03:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2004, 08:51 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Stopin the pass on all-madden

pretty simple fix here. go to your sliders option for cpu. you can go one of two routes here:

#1 click the cpu passing accuracy one click back and play and see if it is to your liking, if it is not... click another time back

#2 do the same as above but instead click the cpu pass blocking back, except try clicking 2 back to start. this will give the cpu less time and chance for more mistakes.

you could always try a combination of the two

i am currently playing on all-pro and i knocked down the protection for the cpu and left the accuracy alone. but i am probably making the jump to all madden very soon since i went 16-3 including the playoffs and won the superbowl.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
Rookie

wsh2293's Arena

I feel you man. Peyton Manning threw for about 270 yards against me (Oakland) in the fourth quarter alone. I still won 48-28, but I was up 34-0 with five minutes left in the fourth (I play seven minute quarters). I found the best thing to do is bring a different kind of blitz every play and bump the receivers also. Force the QB to throw the ball quickly. Then once you get to the fourth quarter, do not let the CPU get the ball back. If you do, the CPU will turn to more "aggressive playcalling" and rack up some serious passing yardage on you.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

it's funny. I've got no problem stopping the pass..... Well shorter routes, but my CB's get burnt deep a lot.

But I cannot stop the run. Then again, having three of my starting four defensive linemen out for the year doesn't help. *I'm the browns, lost Warren, Roye, and Lang.*
Old 09-08-2004, 12:16 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knappyone
it's funny. I've got no problem stopping the pass..... Well shorter routes, but my CB's get burnt deep a lot.

But I cannot stop the run. Then again, having three of my starting four defensive linemen out for the year doesn't help. *I'm the browns, lost Warren, Roye, and Lang.*
I also use the browns and I have more problems stopping the run than the pass. I guess it's kind of like real life, our front four are mediocore at best....I try to use QB Spy's or DE Contains to slow the run, I know those plays are meant to stop a QB from scrambling but they also work well against some running backs. I seem to always get burned using any sort of zone coverage that pulls my LB's down field (i.e. the Buzz Weak type plays) and blitzing is risky against the run.

Not sure who you like to control but if you use the LB's make sure you don't commit yourself too early and avoid using the sprint button unless if you need to close distance on the RB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2004, 02:15 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 21

Yea, the DB play on this game is really bad this year. Safeties don't react to the ball, LBs can't cover TEs, and CBs are never in position. This really makes me appreciate NCAA's defense.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:56 AM   #7
player

OVR:

Go to all-pro and use sliders near default for cpu accuracy. increase the cpu sliders for running to 20 and then the cpu will run more.

But if you down to all pro and set the cpu awareness slider to 15 you will never ever get a play action.

Old 09-08-2004, 07:57 AM   #8
Rookie

lower the cpu accuracy to 7, raise human knockdowns all the way up and raise the awareness to 17. but if u raise the awareness u gonna have 2 raise the cpu run blocking or else it will b easy 2 stop the run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »