Home

JBH3's MLB2K9 SLIDERS

This is a discussion on JBH3's MLB2K9 SLIDERS within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #33
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: JBH3's MLB2K9 SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmogs10
I notice your sliders have not been updated since 3/26, are there any changes on that front page since then or you these pretty solid to go with? I am using the Mets so these sliders will have the appropriate players hittin homeruns and at least have Reyes hit about 15 over the course of a season? Also have Santana not look like some joe shmo like he has with other slider sets and he gets ripped apart?

p.s. You think any of these sliders will gain direct impact after the patch?
The sliders on pg 1 will be updated when a change in them is made official. My ONLY issues w/ the sliders are getting HRs from players other than Utley, Howard, Werth, and Ibanez (whose only hit 1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
I dont normally use sliders but this year i really felt like my skill level was in between All american and Legend so I tried your sliders and they are working great for me. I have played 1 full game with them.

(me)NYY 4 - 10H - 1E
Wash - 5 - 9H - 0E

Pitching for both teams started amazing but I brought in Edwar and he hung a circle change over the middle to Adam Dunn and there went my lead and i never saw it again.

What I love about these sliders is that I could get right through most of the wash lineup getting a good amount of Ks but Zimmerman was very hard to get out and Adam Dunn was a constant long ball threat.
Yes...these sliders will definitely challenge you as a pitcher, and especially if you don't have an IE report to work off of; because you could be placing a pitch in a hitters wheelhouse w/o even knowing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
So have you done anymore testing??
Are you hitting HRs at all with your team?
I have now played 7 games with Joes newest sliders and have yet to hit a HR.
I am scoring plenty of runs I just cant hit the long ball.
I've been doing some testing while playing in franchise. W/ the sliders on the front page I really only seemed to make hard contact w/ the guys I've so often mentioned (Utley, Howard, Werth, Ibanez).

So last night I came into a moment...

I thought the CPUs batting sliders seem to give the CPU players w/ marginal power a decent amount of HRs; Furcal went deep on me, Lastings Milledge crushed one on me, JJ Hardy and Mike Cameron aren't pure sluggers but capable of 20/25 HRs, they hit me hard (going back to back)...why not try using the CPU batting sliders as a global set for USER and CPU.

So I did this last night, and 1st batter to face Clayton Kershaw, (J-Roll) hit a shot to LF that banged off the wall for a 2B. It was one of those ones where it was SO close to being a HR - the little red arrow was out - but it just didn't have the lift. This got me excited that I may be on the right track. Plus, it wasn't like these settings were producing too much offense because until I batted round again Kershaw had not surrendered another hit, AND had 5 K's through 4 innings!

I wasn't able to finish this game though, but I'll be playing a couple of games tonight testing these "global" batting sliders...I think I may have found it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
The first time i used these sliders i was 50 games in and cano had 1 HR. First game with these sliders he hit his 2nd.
That's nice to see.

What's Cano's power ratings?

Last edited by JBH3; 04-01-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

Seems like these sliders are very good, Im a little scared of having the CPU success and power so high but I will see if I have to tweak these. Like the other guy said Dunn was a longball man like every time he hit. I need to be able to shut down the big hitters sometimes. Might wanna take a look at Joes sliders for CPU hitting, there pretty good
Old 04-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #35
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

I will try the changing the human batting sliders to match the cpu batting sliders tonight and let you know how they work for me.

So did you just go with
as your batting settings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #36
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Seems like these sliders are very good, Im a little scared of having the CPU success and power so high but I will see if I have to tweak these. Like the other guy said Dunn was a longball man like every time he hit. I need to be able to shut down the big hitters sometimes. Might wanna take a look at Joes sliders for CPU hitting, there pretty good
In 2 of the 3 games I played vs the Nats Dunn never hit a HR, and went 0-4 in one game - w/ 3 K's.

BUT...Isn't Dunn capable of the longball in almost any AB anyways???

W/ CPU success around 70/75 the CPU is actually a threat, and its pwr hitters are capable of doing what they do best.

I played about half a month of games w/ success around 40/50, and the CPU was squeaking 3 or 4 runs across a game. I never felt like the CPU was capable of having a big day at the plate w/o setting these sliders to what you see now.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #37
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
You must not be using Joes newest set.
He has turned up the cpu power to like 90, it near impossible to get the big power guys out now. I played with his set last night and in 2 games Prince hit 3 hrs and Braun hit 4.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
I personnally looked at this as a positive i hated facing great power guys and being able to treat them like any other hitter.

Last edited by trick02; 04-01-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 4

I agree I like to not look at them as normal hitters but from how I was playing lately its almost anytime you faced a good or great hitter he was smackin me around. They would end like 4-4 for the game, each of them and thats a little crazy ya know. But I do agree i want the most realistic stats possible. Every year since World Series Baseball 2K1 i have started a 162 game season with Mets and finished it without simming any games so at the end I want realism. Not a pitcher going 35-0 or David Wright having 85 Homeruns, and on the other hand not having Santana with a 5.00 era or David Wright with 10 homeruns lol

p.s. JBH i can not wait for your final slider set because i really like the way your going here, I feel i will be using yours to the max and begining my franchise right after the patch, also hoping the patch does not affect any sliders as i dont think it will.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #40
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I will try the changing the human batting sliders to match the cpu batting sliders tonight and let you know how they work for me.

So did you just go with
as your batting settings?
Go 70 on pwr for both USER/CPU. I'm still testing it out, but 70 is where I had user pwr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »