Home

Holy Grail of Sliders for MLB 2k10

This is a discussion on Holy Grail of Sliders for MLB 2k10 within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #17
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Holy Grail of Sliders for MLB 2k10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
No I am not using the left stick hitting. I am noticing that I may have to tweak some sliders to make hitting harder. I've scored 10 or more runs in 3 games. I will probably up the pitch speed and lower the contact.

Tweaked sliders in BOLD 1st post.
You are a great set and are headed in the right direction with your latest changes.
I played 2 games with this set before you latest update and there was too much human offense. I think the human pitching/cpu offense is perfect.

I won games with my Reds season 11-6 and 7-3.
I hit a total of 3 hrs in 2 games with is great, but I hit 12 doubles in the first game!
The second game I was hitless through 5 innings but in the 6th I hit 3 straight singles and then a grand slam with Votto. I ended up scoring 6 runs in the 6th before the cpu finally took out there starter.
I cant wait to get home tonight and try out your newest update.
And for the person woried about hitting hrs with your lower of the line up hitters, dont worry. I hit a HR with A. Miles last night, he has like a 40 power rating.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I downloaded the update to these sliders last night, but hadnt got a chance to play with them yet. Played a few games with the originals and thought it felt pretty solid. Had an awesome game with the Cardinals and Nats. To make a long story short, it was tied 6-6 in the bottom of the ninth. Top of the lineup was up(Shumacher, Ryan, Pujols). Shumacher struck out. Next was Brendan Ryan. Capps(reliever for Nats, cant remember his first name) grooved a first pitch fastball, and Ryan hit it hard, but only went to the warning track. I thought "if this guy does that with Pujols, this game is over." Well, first pitch again, grooved fastball slightly on the inner half of the plate. Pujols hit a shot to center that was out of the park in about 2 seconds....game over. Felt really good, because it wasnt a cheap homer. He threw a bad pitch, and I capitalized on it.

But as far as Human Offense, and the above guy seeing 12 doubles...Not sure if that's because of Human Offense sliders, or a possibility of Fielder Speed needing to be bumped up a little.

One thing I have noticed with the game that I dont think is affected or can be affected by sliders is the CPU's ability to have a big inning. For example, playing the Nats in that game, I held them scoreless and without many hits through 5, then the 6th, they just blew up for 4 runs. No matter what I threw, or how I mixed up my pitches, they crushed them. Then after that, they settled down. I've experienced that in quite a few games. NBA 2k10 was like that. There were times when you couldnt score and the CPU couldnt miss.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #19
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Feilder speed had nothing to do with my 12 doubles, I was just hitting the ball really well to the gaps.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #20
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs
I downloaded the update to these sliders last night, but hadnt got a chance to play with them yet. Played a few games with the originals and thought it felt pretty solid. Had an awesome game with the Cardinals and Nats. To make a long story short, it was tied 6-6 in the bottom of the ninth. Top of the lineup was up(Shumacher, Ryan, Pujols). Shumacher struck out. Next was Brendan Ryan. Capps(reliever for Nats, cant remember his first name) grooved a first pitch fastball, and Ryan hit it hard, but only went to the warning track. I thought "if this guy does that with Pujols, this game is over." Well, first pitch again, grooved fastball slightly on the inner half of the plate. Pujols hit a shot to center that was out of the park in about 2 seconds....game over. Felt really good, because it wasnt a cheap homer. He threw a bad pitch, and I capitalized on it.

But as far as Human Offense, and the above guy seeing 12 doubles...Not sure if that's because of Human Offense sliders, or a possibility of Fielder Speed needing to be bumped up a little.

One thing I have noticed with the game that I dont think is affected or can be affected by sliders is the CPU's ability to have a big inning. For example, playing the Nats in that game, I held them scoreless and without many hits through 5, then the 6th, they just blew up for 4 runs. No matter what I threw, or how I mixed up my pitches, they crushed them. Then after that, they settled down. I've experienced that in quite a few games. NBA 2k10 was like that. There were times when you couldnt score and the CPU couldnt miss.
I've been having internet problems at home, so I haven't uploaded the slider changes to 2k Share. The ones up there are still the originals.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Feilder speed had nothing to do with my 12 doubles, I was just hitting the ball really well to the gaps.
ok, but when CPU fielder speed is at default or even a tad lower, even balls hit to the gap wouldnt go through the gap. That's why everyone has lowered Human/CPU fielder speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
I've been having internet problems at home, so I haven't uploaded the slider changes to 2k Share. The ones up there are still the originals.
ok, must have gotten them confused with someone else.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #23
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

These are best I have tried, just getting use to using classic again after using swing stick. Any workarounds in composure for cpu pictures resetting in later innings??
Old 03-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #24
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Important development about the throwing meter slider. The lower it is set the smaller the green sweet spot on the meter, making it harder to throw. Therefore I have moved this slider to 15.

Last edited by bulls23; 03-14-2010 at 07:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »