Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #1649
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13882
hey dodger fans get this i hit a homer with juan pierre lol and brad penny is a beast!!!
1st or all, you are a dirt, dirty liar...haha, just kidding, but that is crazy. And you are correct sir, Brad Penny is friggin awesome. That's what hooking up with Eliza Dushku and Alyssa Milano (and subsequently passing him on to Russell MArtin) does for your game. I have concluded once you hook up with Milano, your game is exponentially sweeter. She needs to be passed around that locker room...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #1650

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

haha with the juan pierre homer i was like wow...then i realized the wind was blowing out but it was still at petco
Old 03-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #1651
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2

I've played one game with Penney and he did mash a stand up double and went 1 for 3. I have yet to hit a homer with JP though. That's awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #1652
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Got just two games in last night....and I'll admit not complete ones(I was tired)

I'm a little surprised that the game ....graphically looks quite a bit worse than last year.....but at other times looks a little better. I know that sounds nuts....I'm just not explaining it that well I suppose.

On the field.....I ran across a couple of funny glitches....but nothing crazy. One....David Wright ran for a foul ball....then the next thing I know...he's running across the diamond from the first base side!...like he ran clear across the world in three seconds!...but I can definitely see the improvement in the gameplay. Fielding is much better. The game seems much tighter than last year all around in the field.
Maybe it's because I'm really a manage only mode player....but I really don't see that the actual mechanics of the gameplay are so fantastic that they make people jump for joy. The are nice....pitching is pretty cool....but it is what it is....it's an element. Again....that's just me...not really a "player".

Franchise mode looks good. I haven't delved into it obviously, but there is plenty there. I read about the Padres bug....I didn't see anything like that with the Mets...like the framerate problem...maybe there is a work around.....if there is someone will find it.

I'll definitely see how things go with 2K8......there are some really nice things in this game....some things need ironing out....so it's on the radar.

M.K.
Knight165
Good to hear Knight, my copy from gamefly should be waiting when I get home tonight. Are you playing the PS3 version? If so how bad is the frame rate issue in your opinion? There are some things that have me very intrigued about this game to say the least. Thanks for posting your thoughts.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #1653
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtigers63
Good to hear Knight, my copy from gamefly should be waiting when I get home tonight. Are you playing the PS3 version? If so how bad is the frame rate issue in your opinion? There are some things that have me very intrigued about this game to say the least. Thanks for posting your thoughts.
Just in case you didn't see, they did create separate PS3 impressions thread and changed this one to 360.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #1654
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Are in game saves in this year? I could of sworn when I went to save towards the end of my game last night there was no option. How do I get to it?
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 03-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #1655
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
Are in game saves in this year? I could of sworn when I went to save towards the end of my game last night there was no option. How do I get to it?
Going strictly from memory, I believe you hit pause, options, save career is at the bottom. I use it religiously after I had my first freeze up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #1656
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdrum
Going strictly from memory, I believe you hit pause, options, save career is at the bottom. I use it religiously after I had my first freeze up.
Awsome. Matsuzaka can run game time up like crazy, almost was late for work cause of his stupid wind up.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »